Barrack Obama is no Bill Clinton

racewright

Jul 8, 2010
nyc
Barrack Obama is no Bill Clinton.
Clinton had the ability to see into the future and work with people for the good of the USA.
He never had a bad word about this country and put his country before Party,this is what makes for a great president.
Obama is on some kind of get even with the Republicans and Rich businesses --revenge or something like that.
Clinton had to work with a republican house and senate and did , he knew how to negotiate not demand.
Obama is on his way out and thank God.
Clinton knew its about the economy fix that and all other programs will fall into place as the parties will have enough money for all there special pet projects.

Wow, this is some kind of revisionist history, or what?

I seem to remember folks on the right who thought Clinton was the anti-Christ. (And heck, I was one of them at the time.)

The problem with Clinton is that he had a Republican Congress that was willing to negotiate. Obama has a GOP Congress that isn't even willing to go along with ideas they used to support. They dig in and then go to court when they lose.

And frankly, Clinton was always a slippery character, who would make an agreement with you and denounce it five minutes later. So in a way, Obama is paying for his sins.

I didn't care for Bill but on his worst day he was a better POTUS than Barry Boy.

It is what it is.

I didn't care for Bill but on his worst day he was a better POTUS than Barry Boy.

It is what it is.

Well, that's an opinion.

Frankly, it is easy to be a president in the middle of an economic boom when you are a peace.

Clinton inherited a country at peace at the start of an economic upswing.

Obama inherited a country that was an economic wreck entangled in wars.

The problem with Clinton is that he had a Republican Congress that was willing to negotiate. Obama has a GOP Congress that isn't even willing to go along with ideas they used to support. They dig in and then go to court when they lose.

Yep, the last time this country was really purring:

Bill Clinton + Republican Congress + Mature Cooperation = Prosperity

Now, not so much.

It is what it is.

Well, that's an opinion.

Frankly, it is easy to be a president in the middle of an economic boom when you are a peace.

You're right...

Clinton inherited a country at peace and economic upswing (thank you Bush Sr).

Obama inherited a country that was a mess because of a terrorist attack, 2 wars that the majority of dems agreed need to happen, Katrina, and a democratic congress since 2007 that never passed a budget and only wanted to SPEND. Obama wanted this...he promised many things to get it...and has only made it worse.

You know............I really want to hang around here and get to know all of you nutters well enough to enrich my joy and laughter when President Obama wins his second term. But, fuckin' A! Do you dummies have to be so damned repetitive? Can you at least try to be creative in your lame condemnation of the man?

The boredom may kill me before election day.

It is what it is.

Well, that's an opinion.

I mostly agree. Obama certainly has had a more difficult set of circumstances than Clinton. Though I'm still inclined to see Clinton as the better president. I give Obama credit for doing a decent job overall under difficult conditions, but I also hold him accountable for some notable shortcomings. His failure to be in charge in the early part of his Presidency and allowing Nancy Pelosi to push him around, his re-nigging on explicit campaign promises like closing Gitmo, etc.

Clinton at least knew how to go to the middle to keep the country going. Unlike Obama he will never meet anyone in the middle. It is his way or the highway!

Bill Clinton was elected because it was the economy stupid. Bush sr. was not re-elected cause it was the economy stupid.

Wow, this is some kind of revisionist history, or what?

I seem to remember folks on the right who thought Clinton was the anti-Christ. (And heck, I was one of them at the time.)

And frankly, Clinton was always a slippery character, who would make an agreement with you and denounce it five minutes later. So in a way, Obama is paying for his sins.

This is Rush on "Balancing the Budget"..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFKskm0YcZM]Rush Limbaugh TV- Bubba's Budget Balancing B S - YouTube[/ame]

He would rant daily about "America Being Held Hostage".

Clinton at least knew how to go to the middle to keep the country going. Unlike Obama he will never meet anyone in the middle. It is his way or the highway!

Oh Bullshit.

And Clinton was more to the left then Obama ever was.

Clinton's healthcare plan was single payer. The right countered with the plan Obama put up.

Which they now disown.

It is what it is.

Well, that's an opinion.

I mostly agree. Obama certainly has had a more difficult set of circumstances than Clinton. Though I'm still inclined to see Clinton as the better president. I give Obama credit for doing a decent job overall under difficult conditions, but I also hold him accountable for some notable shortcomings. His failure to be in charge in the early part of his Presidency and allowing Nancy Pelosi to push him around, his re-nigging on explicit campaign promises like closing Gitmo, etc.

Clinton was better at standing his ground then Obama. Obama has caved on so many things it's hard to keep count.

Now, not so much.

Mac..were you alive back then?

The Republicans shut down government, twice..and impeached Clinton.

That's not "mature" cooperation.

Great leaders get good things done, poor leaders do not.
Making excuses for failure and blaming others is not what great leaders do --in sports its called losers limp. We do not have time for blame, fixing the economy is what a great leader would be working on. It really is not that difficult,just to many ego's get in the way.
You do not fix anything by pointing out failures, you roll up your sleeves and do what is right.

Obama had it made,great oppertunity to be a great leader and show the world that the USA is the place to be. He blew it because of his lack of experience on the big stage.
If reelected all you will get is another 4 years of blaming the other team as to why you are loosing the game.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Now, not so much.

Point taken, and my point may only have validity when compared to the current mess -- but I'd offer a couple of thoughts there - the 1995 budget impasse could be credited for what followed, once Gingrich and Clinton had marked their territories, and that final budget, heavily influenced by the Congress, sure looked nice before Bush got his hands on it. Results are what ultimately matter, and the two parties did cooperate once the screaming was done. Unlike what we're seeing today.

And indeed, the impeachment was an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Clinton brought us Nafta....Clinton sold his soul to Greenspan and Larry Summers by signing a directive that removed the SEC's oversight of the derivative market...(and then Larry Summers made several $million the same year....Larry Summers has been Obama's top economic advisor in two seats)

Now, not so much.

Point taken, and my point may only have validity when compared to the current mess -- but I'd offer a couple of thoughts there - the 1995 budget impasse could be credited for what followed, once Gingrich and Clinton had marked their territories, and that final budget, heavily influenced by the Congress, sure looked nice before Bush got his hands on it. Results are what ultimately matter, and the two parties did cooperate once the screaming was done. Unlike what we're seeing today.

Do you not remember that when Dems controlled House and senate and had Obama all at the same time they rammed all kinds of things down the Republican congress and senate mouth.
. Do you not understand that payback is a bitch.
Oh you want the republicans to give in after you abused every thing possible and threw it in there face.
Polosi and Ried took advantage of Obama and now we will never know if he could have been a great President.
Even if he gets reelected and wins control his first 4 years history will show at best average.

Do you not remember that when Dems controlled House and senate and had Obama all at the same time they rammed all kinds of things down the Republican congress and senate mouth.
. Do you not understand that payback is a bitch.
Oh you want the republicans to give in after you abused every thing possible and threw it in there face.
Polosi and Ried took advantage of Obama and now we will never know if he could have been a great President.
Even if he gets reelected and wins control his first 4 years history will show at best average.

"Payback is a bitch."

That's not the job description, as far as I know. Nor is it supposed to be the priority.

Forum List

Back