CDZ Barrack, it was you....

Lastly and once again, I ask you or anyone else to identify the principles upon which this nation was founded and that are also uniquely Christian. One thing is certain, the idea that all religions are equal, which is essentially the principle underpinning the First Amendment's allowing freedom of religious expression, is not a Christian principle. Indeed, it's not a principle promulgated by any religion.

We are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights. What religion(s), besides Christianity, espoused those beliefs at that time? The First Amendment only prohibited the establishment of a national religion, such as the Church of England (headed by King George III).

Lastly and once again, I ask you or anyone else to identify the principles upon which this nation was founded and that are also uniquely Christian. One thing is certain, the idea that all religions are equal, which is essentially the principle underpinning the First Amendment's allowing freedom of religious expression, is not a Christian principle. Indeed, it's not a principle promulgated by any religion.

We are endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights. What religion(s), besides Christianity, espoused those beliefs at that time? The First Amendment only prohibited the establishment of a national religion, such as the Church of England (headed by King George III).

All of them that profess that there is/are one or several creators. Those rights may not be the same as the rights accorded to U.S. citizens by the Constitution, but, as per the respective dogmas and the adherents to them, those rights are every bit as inalienable and they are every bit as present. Islam is one such religion, despite the fact that the most widely publicized adherents of that faith are Jihadist Muslims who have bastardized Islam's tenets for their own political purposes. For example, in the Quran, one'll find, among other rights, the following, some of which Islam says accrue to Muslims, and some of which Islam says accrue to all people:
  • Islam prohibits Muslims from using any method of compulsion to influence the religious practices, and beliefs.
  • Islam bestows upon humans the right to property as well as, the freedom to deal and trade as they please in what they own provided they do so fairly.
  • The Quran teaches its followers that treating followers of other religions justly, and kindly is an article of faith
  • Emphasis on equality and justice in the Quran appears throughout the text and even includes one's enemy.
  • The Quran forbids the taking of life without due process of the law.
  • The Quran obligates Muslims to provide for those who cannot provide for themselves.
Hindu, despite the common perception, also accords rights to its adherents. Judaism also grants rights to its adherents.

Those rights may not be the same as the rights accorded to U.S. citizens by the Constitution,

The Founders believed that these rights stemmed from a personal relationship with God, rather than from political or religious authorities. This revolutionary idea had its basis in the Christian Reformation, not that of some other religion.

Those rights may not be the same as the rights accorded to U.S. citizens by the Constitution,

The Founders believed that these rights stemmed from a personal relationship with God, rather than from political or religious authorities. This revolutionary idea had its basis in the Christian Reformation, not that of some other religion.

So what if they, to a man, were Christian and did so believe (not that that was so)? So what if that's where their belief came from? To a man they also agreed not to codify or otherwise enshrine their beliefs in that regard into the founding document, the Constitution, that each and every one of the nation's first representatives penned and signed to form the United States of America. The states' legislatures subsequently reaffirmed that no element of religion be reflected in the construction of the nation via their ratification of the Constitution.

Do we really need to continue this discussion? You're no fool and neither am I. I think we both know that. I don't know about you, but I am bored with this topic, not because I don't find it interesting, but rather because I cannot help but think that it persists for the entertainment value of having it, and I think that because for each remark I refute, I provide legitimate and verifiable evidence to support my claims whereas you routinely provide none. I don't, in this case therefore find what is interesting to also be entertaining. Moreover, I seriously doubt that you'd for the public consumption and before an audience of academic and professional peers, that you'd willfully, other than perhaps in a forensics competition, advocate for the view that the United States was founded on Christian principles.

So what if they, to a man, were Christian and did so believe (not that that was so)? So what if that's where their belief came from? To a man they also agreed not to codify or otherwise enshrine their beliefs in that regard into the founding document, the Constitution, that each and every one of the nation's first representatives penned and signed to form the United States of America. The states' legislatures subsequently reaffirmed that no element of religion be reflected in the construction of the nation via their ratification of the Constitution.

Do we really need to continue this discussion? You're no fool and neither am I. I think we both know that. I don't know about you, but I am bored with this topic, not because I don't find it interesting, but rather because I cannot help but think that it persists for the entertainment value of having it, and I think that because for each remark I refute, I provide legitimate and verifiable evidence to support my claims whereas you routinely provide none. I don't, in this case therefore find what is interesting to also be entertaining. Moreover, I seriously doubt that you'd for the public consumption and before an audience of academic and professional peers, that you'd willfully, other than perhaps in a forensics competition, advocate for the view that the United States was founded on Christian principles.

Best regards.

Forum List

Back