Barr to Nadler: ‘I’m NOT talking to your staff attorneys’ regarding Mueller redactions

no he is not. but the judiciary in the house brings the articles impeachment forth & the senate has the trial.... he wasts it televised & shown to the public, so the senate will have no choice. just like with nixon.
Nixon wasn't impeached and Fat Jerry isn't holding an impeachment hearing.

nixon wasn't impeached because he resigned. barry goldwater was the messenger for the (R)s & told nixon he had no chance of survival.
Your reference to Watergate is an interesting one.

The Watergate scandal was kicked off by a break-in by five men at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972.

The GOP Administration had engaged in an array of clandestine and often illegal activities, including illegal spying on the offices of political opponents and people of whom Nixon or his officials were suspicious. Nixon and his close aides also ordered investigations of activist groups and political figures, using the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as political weapons.

Here is the difference: After engaging in these illegal activities, the GOP WON the upcoming election. In the current case, after the Democrats engaged in these illegal activities, they LOST the upcoming election.

As such, it won't be Congress this time getting to the bottom of the scandal(s) but the DOJ, as would have occurred had McGovern won the election.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, we will now have an opportunity to see how history would have been different had McGovern won the election despite the illegal spying and crimes committed against his campaign.

I'm pretty sure that a number of underlings are going to face indictment, how high will it go? At least to McCabe, probably Comey, he leaked classified information to get Mueller appointed and signed several of the illegal Page warrants. He did a lot more, but I suspect that he probably covered his tracks well. Crapper and Brennan? Depends on how well they covered up their activities. Lynch and Rice? I bet no black women are indicted. Samantha Powers? If they can show that she lied about all the unmaskings that occurred under her log in, I'd say she is toast. Rosenstein and Yates both signed off on the illegal Page warrants.

We live in interesting times.

rosenstein is (R). comey is (R). are you saying that he signed FISA warrants? wow wow wow. comey did no such thing. & the rest of your diatribe, including the referance about 'black women' is just stunning.
Comey most certainly did. As for Rice and Lynch, do you think if Smollett were White that charges would have been dropped?

You are "stunned" that any prosecutor is going to be hesitant to bring indictments against Rice and Lynch knowing that bringing criminal charges against two high ranking black woman will have optics that are just terrible? Of course this will be a gut check and I don't believe you are actually "stunned" at all.

As for Comey signing the illegal Page Warrants:

height.576.no_border.width.1024.jpg

A number of top FBI and Justice Department officials neglected to provide essential information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) when applying for a warrant to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Former FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe, and former Attorney General Sally Yates all signed off on the FISC warrant applications.

yaaaaaa.......... that's what i thought. 'the daily caller' ? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get back to me when you have an unbiased credible link, m'k?

but in the meantime i'll fill you in on factual truth. when it's recommended that a warrant be issued - it must show an incredible amount of supporting reasons/evidence to proceed to the FISA court. the FISA court members are a panel of judges, NOT the FBI & NOT any AGs. any warrant that is issued is reviewed every few months & continuesly reviewed for renewal & must show new evidence or strong continuance needs to proceed for the next time period until it goes back to the FISA court for review again.
all final warrants are signed off by judges of the FISA court.

https://www.fisc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/FISC Rules of Procedure.pdf

as for the rest of your post & bringing up jussie smollett et al?... what a total failed defection & nothing but cow poo.

Nixon wasn't impeached and Fat Jerry isn't holding an impeachment hearing.

nixon wasn't impeached because he resigned. barry goldwater was the messenger for the (R)s & told nixon he had no chance of survival.

The Watergate scandal was kicked off by a break-in by five men at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972.

The GOP Administration had engaged in an array of clandestine and often illegal activities, including illegal spying on the offices of political opponents and people of whom Nixon or his officials were suspicious. Nixon and his close aides also ordered investigations of activist groups and political figures, using the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as political weapons.

Here is the difference: After engaging in these illegal activities, the GOP WON the upcoming election. In the current case, after the Democrats engaged in these illegal activities, they LOST the upcoming election.

As such, it won't be Congress this time getting to the bottom of the scandal(s) but the DOJ, as would have occurred had McGovern won the election.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, we will now have an opportunity to see how history would have been different had McGovern won the election despite the illegal spying and crimes committed against his campaign.

I'm pretty sure that a number of underlings are going to face indictment, how high will it go? At least to McCabe, probably Comey, he leaked classified information to get Mueller appointed and signed several of the illegal Page warrants. He did a lot more, but I suspect that he probably covered his tracks well. Crapper and Brennan? Depends on how well they covered up their activities. Lynch and Rice? I bet no black women are indicted. Samantha Powers? If they can show that she lied about all the unmaskings that occurred under her log in, I'd say she is toast. Rosenstein and Yates both signed off on the illegal Page warrants.

rosenstein is (R). comey is (R). are you saying that he signed FISA warrants? wow wow wow. comey did no such thing. & the rest of your diatribe, including the referance about 'black women' is just stunning.
Comey most certainly did. As for Rice and Lynch, do you think if Smollett were White that charges would have been dropped?

You are "stunned" that any prosecutor is going to be hesitant to bring indictments against Rice and Lynch knowing that bringing criminal charges against two high ranking black woman will have optics that are just terrible? Of course this will be a gut check and I don't believe you are actually "stunned" at all.

A number of top FBI and Justice Department officials neglected to provide essential information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) when applying for a warrant to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Former FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe, and former Attorney General Sally Yates all signed off on the FISC warrant applications.

yaaaaaa.......... that's what i thought. 'the daily caller' ? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get back to me when you have an unbiased credible link, m'k?
Do your own damn research, I backed up my claim.
... when it's recommended that a warrant be issued - it must show an incredible amount of supporting reasons/evidence to proceed to the FISA court. the FISA court members are a panel of judges,
No shit Sherlock, that's the problem. And Comey and company did not sign a "recommendation" they signed an application under oath that swore that all the information was accurate, verified and complete. In order for the government to spy on an American Citizen, they must have solid verified evidence that this American Person is engaged in a Criminal Conspiracy, acting as a spy for foreign power. They had no such information on Page, the only allegations of this were in the Dossier, which Comey testified, under oath, was UNVERIFIED, and Steele testified under oath was UNVERIFIED. The applications vouched for Steele's credibility and trustworthiness even though the FBI fired him for lying. They did not update the court after they fired Steele for lying, and they continued to vouch for his credibility while concealing from the court that he had been fired for lying. They used press reports as "corroboration" for Steele, and when it became undeniable that Steele was the source of this "corroborating" did not update the court that this wasn't independent corroboration of the Steele Dossier because Steele provided both, and they continued with this falsehood in subsequent applications.

They also concealed from the Court that Hillary Clinton, The Obama Administration and the DNC funded Steele's dossier.

Because FISA applications are ex parte proceedings, the FBI and the DOJ have the highest possible burden for including all exculpatory information and information that undercuts the credibility of their application, because these are secret proceedings, the American Person has no representative there, in fact, they are completely unaware and having by design no one to represent their interests, the DOJ and the FBI have the highest possible responsibility for being completely upfront and transparent with the Court.
... NOT the FBI & NOT any AGs. any warrant that is issued is reviewed every few months & continuesly reviewed for renewal & must show new evidence or strong continuance needs to proceed for the next time period until it goes back to the FISA court for review again...
No Shit Sherlock.
...all final warrants are signed off by judges of the FISA court...
If you lie to the Court, the spying that results is still illegal. Lies are not miraculously laundered into truth because a Court you misled stamped APPROVED based on your lies, Silly!
...as for the rest of your post & bringing up jussie smollett et al?... what a total failed defection & nothing but cow poo.
I was replying to the claim that one was "stunned" that I suggested that neither Rice nor Lynch would be indicted due to the optics of indicting some of the highest ranking Black Women to ever serve in Federal Government. I had every right support my claim, the special treatment for Smollett exemplifies perfectly the double standard employed by the Left and I had every right to respond to claim that my point was "stunning". It's stunning because it is the way of things, not because I pointed out the obvious.

Do your own damn research, I backed up my claim.
... when it's recommended that a warrant be issued - it must show an incredible amount of supporting reasons/evidence to proceed to the FISA court. the FISA court members are a panel of judges,
No shit Sherlock, that's the problem. And Comey and company did not sign a "recommendation" they signed an application under oath that swore that all the information was accurate, verified and complete. In order for the government to spy on an American Citizen, they must have solid verified evidence that this American Person is engaged in a Criminal Conspiracy, acting as a spy for foreign power. They had no such information on Page, the only allegations of this were in the Dossier, which Comey testified, under oath, was UNVERIFIED, and Steele testified under oath was UNVERIFIED. The applications vouched for Steele's credibility and trustworthiness even though the FBI fired him for lying. They did not update the court after they fired Steele for lying, and they continued to vouch for his credibility while concealing from the court that he had been fired for lying. They used press reports as "corroboration" for Steele, and when it became undeniable that Steele was the source of this "corroborating" did not update the court that this wasn't independent corroboration of the Steele Dossier because Steele provided both, and they continued with this falsehood in subsequent applications.

They also concealed from the Court that Hillary Clinton, The Obama Administration and the DNC funded Steele's dossier.

Because FISA applications are ex parte proceedings, the FBI and the DOJ have the highest possible burden for including all exculpatory information and information that undercuts the credibility of their application, because these are secret proceedings, the American Person has no representative there, in fact, they are completely unaware and having by design no one to represent their interests, the DOJ and the FBI have the highest possible responsibility for being completely upfront and transparent with the Court.
... NOT the FBI & NOT any AGs. any warrant that is issued is reviewed every few months & continuesly reviewed for renewal & must show new evidence or strong continuance needs to proceed for the next time period until it goes back to the FISA court for review again...
No Shit Sherlock.
...all final warrants are signed off by judges of the FISA court...
If you lie to the Court, the spying that results is still illegal. Lies are not miraculously laundered into truth because a Court you misled stamped APPROVED based on your lies, Silly!
...as for the rest of your post & bringing up jussie smollett et al?... what a total failed defection & nothing but cow poo.
I was replying to the claim that one was "stunned" that I suggested that neither Rice nor Lynch would be indicted due to the optics of indicting some of the highest ranking Black Women to ever serve in Federal Government. I had every right support my claim, the special treatment for Smollett exemplifies perfectly the double standard employed by the Left and I had every right to respond to claim that my point was "stunning". It's stunning because it is the way of things, not because I pointed out the obvious.

lol... that's quite the diatribe you had going there zorro dude.

nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-clap.gif

barr doesn't get to dictate how nadler wants to conduct biz'nez.
Neither does Barr have to participate in Fat Jerry's Circus.

When Congress uses its contempt power, there are basically three avenues it can pursue for purposes of enforcement. In the case of the House Judiciary Committee’s party-line vote to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt – for purportedly failing to produce a report he has actually produced – Democrats, who control the House, will use the route that is most political and, thus, least credible: the unilateral congressional procedure.

The committee will refer its finding for a vote by the full chamber. The stunt here is so nakedly partisan that the House won’t even try to get support from the Senate.

In theory, Fat Jerry could try to take enforcement action on contempt. Congress even has a jail cell in the bowels of the Capitol, but I’m thinking the U.S. marshals would not take kindly to the House sergeant-at-arms showing up at Main Justice with a congressional arrest warrant for the attorney general.

Fat Jerry and The Clowns could go to the judiciary for a court citation of contempt, but, that would be humiliating.

The first thing a judge would point out is that what Congress is demanding that Barr do is illegal – namely, disclose grand jury material to Congress. McKeever v. Barr holds that a court has no authority to order disclosure unless it is pursuant to an exception to grand-jury secrecy explicitly spelled out in Rule 6(e) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure (which governs grand jury matters).

District judges in Washington are bound to follow McKeever. So a court could not order disclosure. Then there is the other embarrassing point a judge would make. Rule 6(e) is Congress' own law. Meaning Congress has the power to amend it. Any judge would, therefore, have to ask House Democrats, “While you were doing all this ranting and raving and holding the attorney general in contempt, have any of you fine lawmakers proposed a two-line amendment to Rule 6(e) that would authorize disclosure to Congress in special counsel investigations?

Of course, the answer is no. That is because Nadler & Co. do not really want the grand jury material. They want to try to make Barr’s refusal to disclose it look like Watergate.

Congress is not going to court. And it is not going to seek help from the executive branch. It will keep the contempt gambit in its own political playpen.

Andrew McCarthy: Congress’ contempt stunt against Attorney General Barr

Forum List

Back