Barney Frank to marry

Just because someone is gay doesn't immune them from the dumbass.
Frank is brilliant in many ways but his support of the government helping the home construction industry grow and the lobbyists campaign $$ that went with it had an impact on the housing bubble collapse.
Of sourse the home construction lobby also paid handsomely to Republicans.
The myth always has been that is CRA loans and such but the big reason Frank and all politicians fought for those programs was THE CONSTRUCTION LOBBY.
Gay or not.

I think you meant to say he has hurt more Americans than most Congressmen.

Barney Frank has probably done more real damage to the average American than Osama bin Laden did.

BS.
Graham, Bliley, Leach did most of the damage and Frank and his idiots came in late.
Most of the damage done to the real estate market was the fault of individuals.
Sure, the legislation bought for by the home building lobby was often bad and Frank was chin deep in it but how many Americans were held down, threatened and forced to sign loan documents?
Personal accountability is sold out for political gain based ON RANK EXCUSES.
The individual was at fault and all of us also as we all elected these kooks, be they Republican or Democrat.

BS.
Graham, Bliley, Leach did most of the damage and Frank and his idiots came in late.

Are you still in your occupy tent?

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act was political payola from Clinton to Citibank. It's kind of sleazy -it was definitely driven by kickbacks, Barney Frank voted in favor.

GLB is dogma for Shitters. Much of the reason the Shitter movement adopted GLB as the smokescreen for the 2008 crash, is that it directs the stupid away from paying attention to CRA.

What Shitters don't know (and don't care about) is this;

{Crucial to the passing of this Act was an amendment made to the GLB, stating that no merger may go ahead if any of the financial holding institutions, or affiliates thereof, received a "less than satisfactory [sic] rating at its most recent CRA exam"}

Gramm

GLB was designed to promote CRA. Democrats agreed to support the bill after Republicans agreed to strengthen provisions of the anti-redlining Community Reinvestment Act.

CRA and GLB are two peas in the same rotten pod. It's humorous to watch the Shitters recite their ThinkProgress mantra, thinking that by attacking GLB they justify CRA as blameless.

Sure, the legislation bought for by the home building lobby was often bad and Frank was chin deep in it but how many Americans were held down, threatened and forced to sign loan documents?

Most of the damage done by drugs is the fault of junkies. Still, rational people look to the pushers

Clinton, Bush and now Obama, tell people that it's the "right" of every American to own a home. Banks offered "liars loans" with ARM's that had interest only payments for 5 years at a reduced introductory rate - people were enticed to get into situations they couldn't afford.

Yep, the addict pushes the needle in, but they had LOTS of help.

The individual was at fault and all of us also as we all elected these kooks, be they Republican or Democrat.

Most people aren't all that smart, that's why Obama was elected. The system of the 90's and 2000's was designed to attract consumers, in fact, those who didn't buy a home were made to feel stupid.

I hope he drops dead on his way up the isle. The disgusting little salad tosser.

BS.

Are you still in your occupy tent?

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act was political payola from Clinton to Citibank. It's kind of sleazy -it was definitely driven by kickbacks, Barney Frank voted in favor.

GLB is dogma for Shitters. Much of the reason the Shitter movement adopted GLB as the smokescreen for the 2008 crash, is that it directs the stupid away from paying attention to CRA.

What Shitters don't know (and don't care about) is this;

{Crucial to the passing of this Act was an amendment made to the GLB, stating that no merger may go ahead if any of the financial holding institutions, or affiliates thereof, received a "less than satisfactory [sic] rating at its most recent CRA exam"}

Gramm

GLB was designed to promote CRA. Democrats agreed to support the bill after Republicans agreed to strengthen provisions of the anti-redlining Community Reinvestment Act.

CRA and GLB are two peas in the same rotten pod. It's humorous to watch the Shitters recite their ThinkProgress mantra, thinking that by attacking GLB they justify CRA as blameless.

Most of the damage done by drugs is the fault of junkies. Still, rational people look to the pushers

Clinton, Bush and now Obama, tell people that it's the "right" of every American to own a home. Banks offered "liars loans" with ARM's that had interest only payments for 5 years at a reduced introductory rate - people were enticed to get into situations they couldn't afford.

Yep, the addict pushes the needle in, but they had LOTS of help.

Most people aren't all that smart, that's why Obama was elected. The system of the 90's and 2000's was designed to attract consumers, in fact, those who didn't buy a home were made to feel stupid.

Your claim that because politicians told consumers it is their right to own a home and then had lax regulations on the home loan industry so everyone could borrow the $$ when their credit was bad, they ended up not being able to afford the loans they took out and thus all of the foreclosures; it is the fault of the politicians because they told everyone it was their right to own a home and made it too easy for those people to get the loans.
Well, that is the lie for the dumb asses that love to believe itbecause it is an EXCUSE as to personal responsibility. No one forced anyone to borrow any $$$.
So if I told you it is your right to own a swimming pool, the swimming pool manufavturers and companies made campaign contributions to politicians for lax regulations concerning the installation of swimming pools, you go out and buy one because I told you to do it and then when it was installed wrong it is not your fault because someone told you to do it.
About the most childish argument one could ever make.
And you call me the occupy tent person. Funny line but the first Republican I ever voted was Ford in November 1976 and too many to count to date.
Try again with something other than childish excuses.
You and your lame excuses are as liberal as it gets.

Gramm was a REPUBLICAN and led the entire legislation.
Damn, how can some folks not tell the entire story?
Ideology over fact clouds the brain.
CRA loans were a bad idea but the total dollar amount of their mortgage DOLLAR VALUE represents about 7-9% of the total mortgage dollar amount nationwide. Of course their failure rate, which was very high when figured against the total # of houses sold, not the total dollar mortgage value, as since CRA was a bad idea because it was lower income not as stable credit worthy buyers.
The damn loans should have never made in the first place but their total mortgage dollar amount in failures as a % of the total dollar amount of foreclosures nationwide is about 3-5% of total outstanding mortgage dollar amount nationally.
CRA is terrible but had little to do with the real estate melt down as those homes are on the lower end of the market. The 350K-800K mortgages that went south are what did us in.

Just found data that CRA forced additional lending that raised the total lending to lower income home seekers went from 25% of the market before CRA to 28% of the market after CRA.
And that is in homes bought, not total mortgage dollar value.
I still do not like the CRA but a 3% change in the homes purchased in America did not cause the housing collapse.
Phony bundled mortgage securities, which included CRAs which was a bad idea, also contributed to it but flipping homes and then buying another while leverage mortgaging, where you keep borrowing against what the gain was on the home every few years, washed out many a home owner.
And in most all cases it was the fault of the individual.

Your claim that because politicians told consumers it is their right to own a home and then had lax regulations on the home loan industry so everyone could borrow the $$ when their credit was bad, they ended up not being able to afford the loans they took out and thus all of the foreclosures; it is the fault of the politicians because they told everyone it was their right to own a home and made it too easy for those people to get the loans.

It isn't so black and white. There is a huge amount of social pressure to own a home. The social pressure with easy credit made it appealing to those that may not have had the resources to really swing a home.

Well, that is the lie for the dumb asses that love to believe itbecause it is an EXCUSE as to personal responsibility. No one forced anyone to borrow any $$$.
So if I told you it is your right to own a swimming pool, the swimming pool manufavturers and companies made campaign contributions to politicians for lax regulations concerning the installation of swimming pools, you go out and buy one because I told you to do it and then when it was installed wrong it is not your fault because someone told you to do it.
About the most childish argument one could ever make.

Social pressure has a huge impact, call it childish if you will, but millions listen to Rap and it isn't due to the quality of the art form, it's due to social pressure.

And you call me the occupy tent person. Funny line but the first Republican I ever voted was Ford in November 1976 and too many to count to date.
Try again with something other than childish excuses.
You and your lame excuses are as liberal as it gets.

LOL

I do tell people that I'm a liberal.

Gramm, Leach and Bliley are ALL Republicans.

I think that where people run into trouble is with this fairy tale view that Republicans are on one side with democrats on the other. In reality, they all collude with each other to steal anything not nailed down.

CRA loans were a bad idea but the total dollar amount of their mortgage DOLLAR VALUE represents about 7-9% of the total mortgage dollar amount nationwide. Of course their failure rate, which was very high when figured against the total # of houses sold, not the total dollar mortgage value, as since CRA was a bad idea because it was lower income not as stable credit worthy buyers.

CRA was the match that lit the fire. So many bad ideas, such as GLB, were propagated to shore up CRA. Clinton and the three blind mice wanted GLB to service Citibank. The price to do that was to make CRA applicable to a whole host of lenders not subject to the provisions.

The damn loans should have never made in the first place but their total mortgage dollar amount in failures as a % of the total dollar amount of foreclosures nationwide is about 3-5% of total outstanding mortgage dollar amount nationally.
CRA is terrible but had little to do with the real estate melt down as those homes are on the lower end of the market. The 350K-800K mortgages that went south are what did us in.

Government mandated CRA was 3-5%, "voluntary" CRA was closer to 80% of all toxic loans. I heard an ad yesterday for Greenlight financial "compliant with CRA/LMI lending standards." Now you know damned well that Greenlight has no requirement, but they STILL do it anyway.

Hes done good things for the US

:lol:

Sounds kinda silly from someone frothing at the mouth over Newt's relationship with Fannie and Freddie!!
:lol:

Bahney Fwank has been ass-fucking America with those two companies harder and longer than Jim Ready could ever fantasize about.

:cuckoo:

Oh, Barney's also got a relationship with Fanny. Let's hope he steers clear of botulism though!

Gramm, Leach and Bliley are ALL Republicans.

I think that where people run into trouble is with this fairy tale view that Republicans are on one side with democrats on the other. In reality, they all collude with each other to steal anything not nailed down.

CRA was the match that lit the fire. So many bad ideas, such as GLB, were propagated to shore up CRA. Clinton and the three blind mice wanted GLB to service Citibank. The price to do that was to make CRA applicable to a whole host of lenders not subject to the provisions.

Government mandated CRA was 3-5%, "voluntary" CRA was closer to 80% of all toxic loans. I heard an ad yesterday for Greenlight financial "compliant with CRA/LMI lending standards." Now you know damned well that Greenlight has no requirement, but they STILL do it anyway.

Dude, I work in the toxic loan area as a consultant to the major banks for the last 5 years.
You are on dope if you believe CRA loans are 80% of the toxic loans.
Most of the toxic loans are over 800K. Toxic loans are mainly in the corporate structure and the toxic loans in the mortgage market are usually always refis over 800K where the mortgage ratio is now so upside down THAT is why they are labeled as "toxic".
A CRA loan is a small loan comparably and never are that far upside down. That is a "toxic" loan. They sit the longest as they are upper high end and not the bottom level foreclosures as all CRA loans are and they small CRA foreclosures are always easier to unload.
And most of those cases I get it is from a bank or mortgage company that is now with another company after FDIC has taken over the assets. And the kicker is 90% of the time the "toxic" loans are thrown into the entire deal and the new bank or entity that has bought the assets of the failed bank or lender received all of those "toxic" assets for NOTHING.
That is why I get hired. EVERYTHING I find concerning assets to make up the deficiency of the foreclosure is gravy to the new holder of those assets minus my fees.
CRA was a terrible stupid law just as Gramm, Bliley, Leach is but it had little or no effect on the melt down. Bundled mortgages that Moodys rated as AAA from speculative Wall Street traders did us in.
CRA was a midget in all of this. 3% gain from the additional CRA loans of the entire loan structure does not bring down a house. The weight of the higher end loans did us in.
But of course the poor liberal Democrats, as you are sounding more and more like them, always pass the buck:
"It won't no my faultz Ize is late on mize loan. Da government mades me take da loan outz to begin witch. Blames dem."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back