Barney Frank is retiring!

Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank, the former chairman of the influential House Financial Services Committee, will not seek re-election next year, several news outlets are reporting this morning.

Frank's office has not yet confirmed the reports. The Associated Press reports he will hold a 1 p.m. news conference in Newton, Mass.

The Democrat chaired the financial services committee from 2007 until his party lost its House majority in the 2010 election.

Frank, first elected to Congress in 1980, is known as a principal architect of the country's biggest overhaul of the banking and financial-industry regulations since the Depression. The 2010 law was aimed at preventing another meltdown of the financial services industry. It also created a new agency to protect consumers from unfair lending practices.

Reports: Rep. Barney Frank to retire

• Banned
Sorry, didn't see other thread already posted. I'm at work and just quick posted without looking.

Please delete this thread mod.

Excellent news. One of the most corrupt SOBs in Congress.

I'll just be glad to not hear that voice any more.

Sorry to hear that you were forced to in the past. :frown:

I agree with his politics on most matters but wow...that voice. Like nails on a chalkboard. As for being forced? No...he was one of the guys who seems to get more time on the news shows than other democrats or maybe I just remember him more.

LOL at the people who thinks he is just going away, he is still going to be the go to guy for banking issues and will be a frequent guest on various news shows. This man is pretty bitter at all the crap the right has blamed on him and he will be shoving it right back at them for a long while yet.

Forum List

Back