Barney Frank Calls Scalia a "Homophobe"

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
WASHINGTON (AP) - Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank called Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia a "homophobe" in a recent interview with the gay news Web site 365gay.com.

The Democratic lawmaker, who is gay, was discussing gay marriage and his expectation that the high court would some day be called upon to decide whether the Constitution allows the federal government to deny recognition to same-sex marriages.

"I wouldn't want it to go to the United States Supreme Court now because that homophobe Antonin Scalia has too many votes on this current court," said Frank. The video of the interview is available online.

Frank's office did not respond to a request Monday to expand on his remark. Scalia also had no comment.

Scalia dissented from the court's ruling in 2003 that struck down state laws banning consensual sodomy. He has complained about judges, rather than elected officials, deciding questions of morality about which the Constitution is silent.

Controversial topics like gay rights and abortion should not be in the hands of judges, he has said, calling on people to persuade their legislatures or amend the Constitution.

My Way News - Rep. Frank calls Scalia a 'homophobe' in interview
-----

Barney Frank - What a fine example of respect and class.

Barney can do that. He's a leftist goon and PC rules don't apply to him.

Remember, to the PC-nutty left, free speech is limited to speech they like and approve of, from folks they like and approve of.

No foul.

I wonder what would happen if Scalia called Frank a queer.

I had no idea Scallia was anti-gay.

So it's true because Barney said so?

I have no idea if it's true. We know so little about these people on the Supreme Court. They're the only people who actually create laws who we don't vote for. I think we need to vote for the people who are going to write laws for us obey.

Your statement indicated that you believed the Scalia was anti-gay.

"I had no idea Scalia was anti-gay."

I had no idea Scallia was anti-gay.

So it's true because Barney said so?

I have no idea if it's true. We know so little about these people on the Supreme Court. They're the only people who actually create laws who we don't vote for. I think we need to vote for the people who are going to write laws for us obey.
They don't create or write laws. The legislative branch does. The SCOTUS issues OPINIONS and strikes down laws if they as a collective decide they don't pass constitutional muster. Nothing they do stops the legislative branch from fixing the laws after they are challenged and ruled on.

And we DO vote for the people who are going to write laws for us obey. It's called Congress.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON (AP) - Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank called Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia a "homophobe" in a recent interview with the gay news Web site 365gay.com.

The Democratic lawmaker, who is gay, was discussing gay marriage and his expectation that the high court would some day be called upon to decide whether the Constitution allows the federal government to deny recognition to same-sex marriages.

"I wouldn't want it to go to the United States Supreme Court now because that homophobe Antonin Scalia has too many votes on this current court," said Frank. The video of the interview is available online.

Frank's office did not respond to a request Monday to expand on his remark. Scalia also had no comment.

Scalia dissented from the court's ruling in 2003 that struck down state laws banning consensual sodomy. He has complained about judges, rather than elected officials, deciding questions of morality about which the Constitution is silent.

Controversial topics like gay rights and abortion should not be in the hands of judges, he has said, calling on people to persuade their legislatures or amend the Constitution.

-----

Thanks Barney--I now feel completely exonerated of everything I have called you in the past and will now call you in the future, you big fucking idiot piece of shit.

-----

I read this quickly and at first thought it said 'What a fine example of respect and ass'. :eek:

So what? Frank is queer. He's one of the oddest and most unusual characters I've ever seen. I'm sure people have called him unconventional, crazy and obsessive at some point as well. Oh, and he's gay. Personally, I think it's an apt description of the man.

2 a: differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal b (1): eccentric , unconventional (2): mildly insane : touched c: absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree

queer - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

-----

I read this quickly and at first thought it said 'What a fine example of respect and ass'. :eek:

So what? Frank is queer. He's one of the oddest and most unusual characters I've ever seen. I'm sure people have called him unconventional, crazy and obsessive at some point as well. Oh, and he's gay. Personally, I think it's an apt description of the man.

2 a: differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal b (1): eccentric , unconventional (2): mildly insane : touched c: absorbed or interested to an extreme or unreasonable degree

Of course it's apt AND accurate but SAYING it would cause people to FREAK. Reality is taboo. Pity !

-----

Of course it's apt AND accurate but SAYING it would cause people to FREAK. Reality is taboo. Pity !

:lol: Political correctness is DEAD I say!! If you can't call a spade a spade what can you call it? Hoe?

-----

Scalia is absolutely correct in his views regarding the Constitution and its inherent limits on legislating morality.

Frank is a complete joke - and has been for years. He is a very liberal Democrat from a very liberal district, and so is allowed to make such bigoted comments such as this and not suffer personal political damage - but such comments do inflict damage to the Democrat brand throughout the nation - so by all means, continue to throw another hissy fit Mr. Frank.

Forum List

Back