Barking Chiwawa

wvulax

May 12, 2009
My room mate has a 6 month old chiwawa that barks constantly.

The animal is completely dependant on his owner, my room mate, and never leaves her side. It was sick as an even younger puppy so constant care was necessary. The dog is completely terrified of anyone besides his owner, and barks at everyone as long as its owner is there. He is not neutered.

Tried disciplining with squirt guns, and yelling at it. Didn't even slow him down. We take him for daily walks, and he plays some, but he still has too much energy and is bored. The only day it didn't bark was when he was too tired from not napping at all.

Any advice besides killing it and telling my room mate he ran away?

The animal is completely dependant on his owner, my room mate, and never leaves her side. It was sick as an even younger puppy so constant care was necessary. The dog is completely terrified of anyone besides his owner, and barks at everyone as long as its owner is there. He is not neutered.

Tried disciplining with squirt guns, and yelling at it. Didn't even slow him down. We take him for daily walks, and he plays some, but he still has too much energy and is bored. The only day it didn't bark was when he was too tired from not napping at all.

I'd recommend killing it and telling your roommate that he ran away.

I'd recommend killing it and telling your roommate that he ran away.

Alternatively, try this...

Petsafe Outdoor Bark Control Birdhouse

It is not recommended for indoor use, but eh...it might work.

Chihuahuas are *one* owner dogs, typically. Your roommate should have realized this before he/she got a chihuahua, and/or a roommate. They're typically very high strung dogs around other people. Blame the owner. Not the dog. The dog's acting like a dog.

PS: I recommend killing the owner, and telling the doog he/she ran away....

Last edited by a moderator:

We have one of those little yappers across the street. The owners don't discipline, they just do the dog whisperer stuff like getting it's attention and then quieting her down. They poke her in the hip with their fingers and then make a sound like be quiet. She's much better than she used to be.

You have to get the focus away from whatever is making it bark and then correct it. Good luck, they're really mouthy.

they bark ..that is what they do....an electric collar ...no bark kind..may work or may make it more neurotic...main reason my hubby who is a push over .....wont let me have one....he calls them rats on a string..his view is my dogs are protection...my cats are the small things....

Any advice besides killing it and telling my room mate he ran away
?

Butcher it and serve it for dinner, then tell your room mate it ran away.

That would be a dinner fit for an anorexic.

That would be a dinner fit for an anorexic.

Serve it with a side of cat.

Thanks for the help guys

I bought a training remote. It has positive and negative sounds. It had good reviews, and it was 45% off at petco.com. The storewide sale ends today if anyone is interested.

Any advice besides killing it and telling my room mate he ran away
?

That sounds like a bizarre Korean horror movie I saw.

Maybe you can get your own dog to drown out the bark of the chihuahua.

Forum List

Back