BareButt Mountain

Mr. P said:
Fair enough, but with all my respect, if you can only defer to God you should not comment, IMO.. Same for everyone else.
With all my respect ;) ...why not?

Kagom said:
Would you prefer 0% effective? Also, there's risks in sex no matter what you do. You can't go and expect things to just magically work without some type of risk being involved per time.

side note of my own: That's why I prefer partners who are actually clean (in terms of health [sexual, etc.])
That little old letter is wherein the problem lies, for both hetero- and homosexuals.

Hobbit said:
That's the problem with a lot of people today. They are looking for love, but what they think is love is actually lust. If most people actually did stuff for more than lust and shallow attachment anymore, the divorce rate wouldn't be what it is.
Sounds pretty true to me.

no1tovote4 said:
The movie is described as a love story, and other people have stated it is about relationships. I have no other recourse than to declare it a chick flick and move on. There is simply no way you will find me there, and if you do I will be asleep.

Chick flicks are nothing but a snoooozefest, even worse if they are specifically relationship chick flicks rather than a romantic comedy or something.

Now the fact that the chick flick has hair man butt and no cute female behind it really holds absolutely no attraction, even the chance at seeing a hot actress has been taken from the equation. I can't imagine why anybody would want to see what has to be one of the most boring movies they might subject themselves to. Without even seeing it I would predict I would find this more boring than Titanic, and that is hard to reach for me. I would rather watch 'You've Been Served' than Titanic.
Four Weddings and a Funeral. Most Boring Movie Ever Made.

Kagom said:
How do they harm themselves? If it's because there can be some type of pain or injury caused, then rule it out because it can happen in heterosexual sex too. Sex is the final act of love we can give each other until we're allowed to marry.

Sex is the final act of love--as in ultimate ? Sorry I don't buy it. I have seen so many acts of love that surpass the sexual act (hetero or homo) that you would be hard pressed to prove to me that sex is the ultimate form of love expression.

I have no desire to see this movie. Just as chainsaw massacre-type blood and gore horror flicks do not appeal to me, movies about two men boinking like bunnies do not appeal to me.

dilloduck said:
Sex is the final act of love--as in ultimate ? Sorry I don't buy it. I have seen so many acts of love that surpass the sexual act (hetero or homo) that you would be hard pressed to prove to me that sex is the ultimate form of love expression.

Well said, Dillo. When I came home from having eye surgery while 7 months pregnant, my husband became my eyes and lovingly cared for me. Just one small example of love that surpasses having sex IMO.

dilloduck said:
I must be wording my sentences wrong or something. I'm talking about showing love, not how deep the love actually goes. I just think that sex is the deepest form that can be shown until marriage is allowed for same sex couples.

Kagom said:
I must be wording my sentences wrong or something. I'm talking about showing love, not how deep the love actually goes. I just think that sex is the deepest form that can be shown until marriage is allowed for same sex couples.

I think taking a bullet or offering up a kidney might be bigger. That's all I can think of. Anyone else?

I think taking a bullet or offering up a kidney might be bigger. That's all I can think of. Anyone else?

But, when you are truly in love with someone, do you fantasize about being able to take a bullet for them?

Dan said:
But, when you are truly in love with someone, do you fantasize about being able to take a bullet for them?

There is a difference between a self-less act of love and sexual fantasy. Sexual fantasy doesn't always equate love, either.

Said1 said:
If I were in love with my partner, I'd have no problem doing that. But those are things that are dependant on time, place, etc.

No matter how you slice this flick, I ain't gonna watch two dudes sucking each other's face... Nope, ain't gonna do it.

The fact that two dudes may, or may not, get wet in the shorts when they see each other is not my bidnezz. Won't spend a buck to see it, nor will I take it out on dvd.

Sure, for many years gay people have had to endure watching movies about straight people making out, making fools of themselves, falling in love, getting married,,, etc. etc.. Sorry, I don't make this kind of movie so don't blame me that the gay community hasn't received equal time.....

I understand it is a just a love story, a story about life,, real life.. I would bet that the love each guy, or woman feels for their same sex partner, is as real as what I could feel for a woman (tall with nice eyes and firm perky hooters).

But,, I don't expect any gay person to marvel at my antics with a woman, nor do I want to see what games they play either..And yes, I do understand that the "hot sequence" was barely left in the flick compared to what they show in many hetero flicks.

If I want to watch a movie with nice scenery I will get a travel flick on the Canadian Rockies. But I will not spend the money to see the new movie the liberals are touting as "the one to see", just so I can make the movie makers rich... FORGETABOUTIT!!!

Working Man said:
No matter how you slice this flick, I ain't gonna watch two dudes sucking each other's face... Nope, ain't gonna do it.

The fact that two dudes may, or may not, get wet in the shorts when they see each other is not my bidnezz. Won't spend a buck to see it, nor will I take it out on dvd.

Sure, for many years gay people have had to endure watching movies about straight people making out, making fools of themselves, falling in love, getting married,,, etc. etc.. Sorry, I don't make this kind of movie so don't blame me that the gay community hasn't received equal time.....

I understand it is a just a love story, a story about life,, real life.. I would bet that the love each guy, or woman feels for their same sex partner, is as real as what I could feel for a woman (tall with nice eyes and firm perky hooters).

But,, I don't expect any gay person to marvel at my antics with a woman, nor do I want to see what games they play either..And yes, I do understand that the "hot sequence" was barely left in the flick compared to what they show in many hetero flicks.

If I want to watch a movie with nice scenery I will get a travel flick on the Canadian Rockies. But I will not spend the money to see the new movie the liberals are touting as "the one to see", just so I can make the movie makers rich... FORGETABOUTIT!!!
That's probably THE best reasoning behind not watching this movie I've heard.

Said1 said:
There is a difference between a self-less act of love and sexual fantasy. Sexual fantasy doesn't always equate love, either.

Dude, I won't even take out the garbage for her...FORGETABOUTIT!!! : :gives:

Kagom said:
If I were in love with my partner, I'd have no problem doing that. But those are things that are dependant on time, place, etc.

True enough. Unlike the ultimate act of love, sex. You can do that anywhere - car, closet, parents basement, bushes, bed....... :laugh:

I saw this movie a few weeks ago...I thought it was good, but not by any means an Oscar-worthy movie (for best picture), though Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams were great.

The acting and filming were good, but the writing seemed rather weak. The only thing that makes it so popular is the gay theme. It's a bit drawn out and leaves some questions unanswered. I doubt that I would watch it again.

Not one of the best movies of the year, but definitely one of the best casts of the year.

Forum List

Back