BareButt Mountain

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
One glowing review...

It is the end of the year, so that means the studios are cranking out their last minute, Oscar worthy films for consideration for the Academy. Leading the charge is a movie about a couple of gay cowboys called Barebutt Mountain. It's the heartwarming story about two cowboys who ride horses during the day and each other throughout the night. I am quite sure Laura will find some way to trick me into seeing that, she notoriously loves those pretentious, artsy-fartsy type movies. Ah, nothing says romance like watching a couple guys finger-bang each others anuses for two hours. I'll light the candles hon, you pour the wine.
http://www.corneroftheworld.net/

(POSTED THIS QUICK, THOUGHT I HAD *MOVIE REVIEWS* SECTION. SORRY, PLEASE MOVE)

BareButt Mountain... LOL!

Anyway, I heard a guy call into Fox and Friends a few days ago that said he was not nearly as bothered by the gay story line as he was about the fact that they called a couple of sheep herders "cowboys".

Pretty much, I think this is going to turn into one of those "groundbreaking" movies that everyone forgets in a few months.

Jimmyeatworld said:

Anyway, I heard a guy call into Fox and Friends a few days ago that said he was not nearly as bothered by the gay story line as he was about the fact that they called a couple of sheep herders "cowboys".

Pretty much, I think this is going to turn into one of those "groundbreaking" movies that everyone forgets in a few months.

gay sheep hearders....damn it was a foregone conclusion

I'm confused... is it Bareback Mountain, or is it Mountin' Bareback?
eck27.gif

Abbey Normal said:
I'm confused... is it Bareback Mountain, or is it Mountin' Bareback?
eck27.gif

Depend on who you are with.

I'm waiting for the movie version of the song, "Eskimo" (I'm the Only Gay Eskimo In My Tribe) by Corky and the Juice Pigs.

Jimmyeatworld said:

Interesting point Jim.

My nephew is a working cowboy up in Montana. Shoe's horses, doctor's them, the whole bit. I know if you asked him about sheep herders, the last thing he'd call them is a "cowboy". Maybe a "sheepboy", but not a cowboy. I lived in Montana myself for a couple years, and I heard the jokes about sheep herders.

Looks like hollywierd, in their over zealous nature to promote their perverted agenda, are making bigger fools of themselves without even realizing it.

Here's a "real" cowboy, and I can guarantee you he doesn't want to finger bang any of his male friends up the ass. He's "NORMAL"! He has a "GIRL" friend, like all NORMAL men have.

Jason_9.jpg

Mr. P said:
“Brokeback Mountain”.
Sounds like an interesting movie to me.
I’ll hold judgment until and if I ever see it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051215/REVIEWS/51019006/1023

You go ahead and watch it Mr. P. Never thought you one to be so curious about homosexuality that you felt a need to subject yourself to the likes of this....

http://www.screenit.com/movies/2005/brokeback_mountain.html

IMITATIVE BEHAVIOR
Phrases: "Not on your f*cking life," "F*ck-ups," "What the f*ck are you looking at?" "F*ck you," "Jack f*cking Twist," "Is that a f*cking problem?" "A f*cking real good life," "Get the f*ck off me," "Oh sh*t," "Bullsh*t," "Sh*t like that," "What are you waiting for, a cowboy mating call?" "Queer," "Scrawny ass," "Got all over my ass," "Bastard," "Where the hell you been?" "What the hell happened?" "Dumb ass mule," "Cat piss," "Can't cook worth a damn," "Balls" (testicles), "The hell they are," "Freeze your ass off," "Get the hell out of my trailer," "Oh hell," "You shut up," "Piss-ant," "Sure as hell sorry," "You sit down you old son of a bitch before I knock your ignorant ass into next week" and "Damn you."
A miscellaneous man has some tattoos.
From a long distance, we see Jack and Ennis jumping from a short cliff, completely nude, into a body of water (we see full frontal and rear nudity -- but again from a distance).

JUMP SCENES
None.

MUSIC (SCARY/TENSE)
None.

MUSIC (INAPPROPRIATE)
There's a song with gun-related lyrics.

PROFANITY
At least 22 "f" words (1 used sexually), 13 "s" words, 2 slang terms using female genitals ("p*ssy"), 1 using male ones ("d*ck"), 16 hells, 11 damns, 6 asses (1 used with "hole"), 4 S.O.B.s, 1 crap, 13 uses of "G-damn" and 1 use each of "Christ," "Jesus" and "Jesus Christ."

SEX/NUDITY
We see Ennis shirtless.
With Jack in the foreground of the shot, we see Ennis out of focus in the background. We can tell he's nude as he's crouched down washing himself (including his crotch that's facing away from the camera), but beyond seeing his out-of-focus, bare butt, we don't see anything else.
Ennis tells Jack, "You may be a sinner, but I haven't had the opportunity" (presumably meaning he's a virgin).
After a night of drinking, Ennis decides to sleep outside, but after his fire dies down, he's freezing and Jack tells him to join him in the warmer tent. As they lie side by side, Jack pulls Ennis' arm around him and then tries to kiss him several times, but Ennis is slightly resistant (pushing him away, but obviously interested). Jack's pants are then undone and he turns with his rear toward Ennis who pulls down Jack's pants (we briefly see the side of his bare butt). Ennis then undoes his own pants, spits on his fingers (for lubricant) and then puts his hand down toward his crotch (we don't see the actual act). We then see him thrusting behind Jack (rear entry anal intercourse) with related sounds, but no nudity or full shots of the encounter.
We see the side of Jack's bare butt as he's squatted down, washing his clothes.
After their sexual encounter, Ennis says, "I ain't queer," with Jack quickly chiming in, "Me neither."
While Jack is shirtless, Ennis kisses and then gets on top of him in their tent and they kiss some more, but we don't see the implied sex act.
From a distance, Joe sees Ennis and Jack playfully cavorting outdoors, shirtless.
While in their car at the drive-in, Alma pulls Ennis' hand over her shoulder down to her clothed breast or belly (possibly signaling she's pregnant -- they later have kids).
After realizing Ennis and Jack are gay, Joe won't give Jack another job, using slang for what he assumes they did (something sounding like "while you stem the rose").
Ennis and Alma passionately kiss on their bed, with him groping her clothed breast. He then gets on top and passionately kisses her and then rolls her over, either for rear entry vaginal or anal intercourse (we don't see the actual contact).
At a fireworks display, some drunken men loudly talk about "p*ssy" and humping.
At a dance, Lureen realizes Jack likes him, but being slightly frustrated that he's not doing anything about it, asks him, "What are you waiting for, a cowboy mating call?"
Lureen and Jack passionately kiss and then get into the backseat of a car where they continue. She asks if she's going to fast, and he jokingly replies that fast or slow, he likes the direction she's going. She then removes her top (we see her in her bra that shows cleavage) and then removes that, allowing full views of her bare breasts as she's on top of him.
We see Jack and Ennis lying front to back in a motel bed, presumably after sex (both are shirtless).
From a long distance, we see Jack and Ennis jumping from a short cliff, completely nude, into a body of water (we see full frontal and rear nudity -- but again from a distance).
We see a couple in bed with the man on top, views of the woman's bare breasts and hear sounds of heavy breathing. The woman says she's behind in her pills (presumably birth control).
Ennis meets up with a male street prostitute and then walks off with the man, presumably for sex.
A waitress shows cleavage.
A married man comes on to Jack, saying they should go off to a cabin for a getaway.
Jack admits to having an affair with another person (he tells that to Ennis).
Jack tells Ennis that unlike him, he can't make it on "a few high altitude f*cks a year" (referring to their relationship).

Not curious Pale and I did say “if” I ever see it.

This “OUR TAKE:” is from the same site you posted. Interesting.

…..
but there's no denying this is a slow-moving, 130-plus minutes of watching Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal longing for each other. That is, when they're not rolling around in the great western countryside in scenes that likely won't play that well with close-minded or homophobic viewers.
……
On the other hand, if you're willing to see that love transcends the stereotypical sexual boundaries, you might be intrigued by this offering.

http://www.screenit.com/ourtake/2005/brokeback_mountain.html

Mr. P said:
Not curious Pale and I did say “if” I ever see it.

This “OUR TAKE:” is from the same site you posted. Interesting.

http://www.screenit.com/ourtake/2005/brokeback_mountain.html

Yes Mr. P. I get it. Normal people have been getting demonized by the fags and the liberal left that support them almost since the beginning.

Two guys fucking each other up the ass disgusts me and turns my stomach. Yeah.... that makes me the "bad guy"... whatever.

Pale Rider said:
Yes Mr. P. I get it. Normal people have been getting demonized by the fags and the liberal left that support them almost since the beginning.

Two guys fucking each other up the ass disgusts me and turns my stomach. Yeah.... that makes me the "bad guy"... whatever.

you crack me up pale...gotta love the bluntness! I would venture to bet the Rx companies love ya too...Bet some in here's blood pressure is raised by some 20 points!HBP meds are expensive! My New Years resolution is to follow pales...keeping my bluntness to the political portions of the board...I always get into trouble with the click of six when I am blunt or sarcastic in the warm and girlie portions! :smoke:

archangel said:
you crack me up pale...gotta love the bluntness! I would venture to bet the Rx companies love ya too...Bet some in here's blood pressure is raised by some 20 points!HBP meds are expensive! My New Years resolution is to follow pales...keeping my bluntness to the political portions of the board...I always get into trouble with the click of six when I am blunt or sarcastic in the warm and girlie portions! :smoke:

Sometimes you just have to state the obvious arch. Exposing the perverse, sick actions that queers engage in, is EXACTLY what they DON'T want spread around. They want everyone to just believe fags are all warm and fuzzy men that talk like girls and walk funny, and that's it. DON'T bring up what they actually DO. You'll ruin their charade.

A homosexual friend of mine stated that he was uncomfortable with the love scenes in the flick. If he was then I most certainly will be. I will not watch this movie, and if I do it will not be because I paid for the dubious 'honor'.

no1tovote4 said:
A homosexual friend of mine stated that he was uncomfortable with the love scenes in the flick. If he was then I most certainly will be. I will not watch this movie, and if I do it will not be because I paid for the dubious 'honor'.

I would consider watching this movie condoning it, and the homosexual lifestyle. Kind of like watching a mickey moore movie.

You wouldn't catch me dead anywhere near this scummy faggot flick.

padisha emperor said:
the best approach to me, see the movie before launch any critics about it.

Seems interesting to me too, we'll see.

PE, I don't think this is necessarily true, since the criticism here is of the movie's undisputed content, which is offensive to some, and reeks of a Hollywood agenda.

It is not based on whether the movie is well-done from an artisitic pov, which it may very well be, and which would indeed require viewing the movie before passing 'artistic' judgment.

padisha emperor said:
the best approach to me, see the movie before launch any critics about it.

Seems interesting to me too, we'll see.

You people have plenty of problems over there. Some, bigger than what we have here in America due to your extreme liberalness. So to agree with anything you might deem acceptable doesn't carry much weight with me.

Thanks anyway.

I really have no opinion of this movie until I see it. It appeals to me emotionally because it involves gay people. It also appeals to me on an artistic level because it has been passed off as artistically tasteful and independant.

Forum List

Back