Barbour NOT running for President

Haley Barbour: Mississippi Gov Won’t Seek White House | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com
<excerpt>

He has, however, offended some sensibilities and appeared to defend Mississippi&#8217;s racist past. Barbour has regularly proclaimed &#8220;Confederate Heritage Month&#8221; in the Magnolia State. He keeps on the wall a Confederate flag signed by Jefferson Davis.

Earlier this year, Barbour appeared briefly to defend the White Citizens Council, a major vehicle for maintaining segregation in the 1960&#8242;s. He credited the Citizens Council with keeping Ku Klux Klan violence out of Yazoo City.

I don't think Haley Barbour has run anywhere since he was a kid.

But I'm glad he won't be waddling for president.

I'm not running for President either. News at 11.

Who cares if someone isn't running? Seriously?

I suspect he decided it was more important for him to continue his valuable efforts,

presiding over the poorest, fattest, least educated, most conservative state in America.

Somebody needs to come up with a person better than Mitt Romney as well. I can't say I like what he did while he was governor of MA.

If you're a racist like him, the highest office you can hope for is governor.

A racist? How so?
You've gotta get-outta your bunker.....MORE-OFTEN!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFVQgOE8JRM]YouTube - Gov. Haley Barbour: White Citizen Council Good Ole' Days[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoGa8iEwODQ]YouTube - Haley Barbour Won't Denounce KKK or "Anyone," Fox News Explains Apology[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

I'm not running for President either. News at 11.

Who cares if someone isn't running? Seriously?
We feel your "conservative" pain.

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
544.gif

If you're a racist like him, the highest office you can hope for is governor.

A racist? How so?

I believe post number 5 tells you.

Ok, fair enough... However I don't agree that having a Confederate Flag signed by Jefferson Davis makes you a racist. Hey, sounds like pretty interesting piece of history. As for his other statements, his support was apparently because he felt their presence kept the KKK OUT.

Call me when he starts acting in a truly racist fashion and you'll have my full attention.. AND my full support.

A racist? How so?

I believe post number 5 tells you.

Ok, fair enough... However I don't agree that having a Confederate Flag signed by Jefferson Davis makes you a racist. Hey, sounds like pretty interesting piece of history. As for his other statements, his support was apparently because he felt their presence kept the KKK OUT.

Call me when he starts acting in a truly racist fashion and you'll have my full attention.. AND my full support.
Ah, yes....their presence....whatta nice, tidy description of.....

handjob.gif

This excerpt is pretty revealing.

"Council officials contend the organization is a mainstream conservative group advocating such policies as an end to racial quotas and forced busing, restoring states' rights under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution, tough immigration controls and protection of such symbols of southern heritage as Confederate monuments and public displays of the Confederate flag," Thomas B. Edsall wrote January 13, 1999, in The Washington Post.
"In fact, the Council of Conservative Citizens promotes the views of its leaders and prominent members &#8211; a number of whom are strong believers in the preservation of the 'white race,' disagree with Supreme Court rulings ordering desegregation of public facilities and believe the United States is on the verge of losing its identity as a white, European nation. The White Citizens Councils were instrumental in forming private white 'academies' as alternatives to the integrated school systems," Edsall wrote.

Council of Conservative Citizens - SourceWatch

Last edited:
This excerpt is pretty revealing.

"Council officials contend the organization is a mainstream conservative group advocating such policies as an end to racial quotas and forced busing, restoring states' rights under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution, tough immigration controls and protection of such symbols of southern heritage as Confederate monuments and public displays of the Confederate flag," Thomas B. Edsall wrote January 13, 1999, in The Washington Post.
"In fact, the Council of Conservative Citizens promotes the views of its leaders and prominent members &#8211; a number of whom are strong believers in the preservation of the 'white race,' disagree with Supreme Court rulings ordering desegregation of public facilities and believe the United States is on the verge of losing its identity as a white, European nation. The White Citizens Councils were instrumental in forming private white 'academies' as alternatives to the integrated school systems," Edsall wrote.

Council of Conservative Citizens - SourceWatch

No doubt.....specifically:

"....and believe the United States is on the verge of losing its identity as a white, European nation."

I guess it's merely a coincidence, that this sounds so much like those Teabaggers
who are all-the-time talking about
TAKING-BACK THEIR COUNTRY!!!

:eusa_think:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back