Barbour didn't think he could beat Obama

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Barbour "wanted to run, he would have loved it,” said one of the advisers (who both asked for anonymity). But while he saw a path to winning the Republican nomination, the governor and his inner circle became gun-shy when they considered Barbour’s prospects of prevailing against Obama and a likely united Democratic party behind him in the general election, the advisers said.

Barbour didn't think he could beat Obama - Politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

Obama thanks you Paul Ryan....

Barbour "wanted to run, he would have loved it,” said one of the advisers (who both asked for anonymity). But while he saw a path to winning the Republican nomination, the governor and his inner circle became gun-shy when they considered Barbour’s prospects of prevailing against Obama and a likely united Democratic party behind him in the general election, the advisers said.

So, now Barbour's an evil genius who can predict the future?

:lol:

So, now Barbour's an evil genius who can predict the future?

:lol:

No. Apparently, he is a realist.

Obama, in my opinion, is headed for BIG trouble in '12. Inflation, $5 gas, MASSIVE debt, MASSIVE deficits, no foreign policy, Obamacare, high unemployment...

Obama can spin it all he likes, blame it all on Bush, rant about evil Republicans want ting to kill kids with Autism, senior eating dog food, jobs saved.. whatever. It doesn't mean squat to the millions upon million of unemployed, spending $100+ a week to gas up, increasing food, housing, energy costs etc.

Obama's got a problem.

Last edited:

I don't think it was Paul Ryan.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say that the visuals of Barbour running against an incumbant black president would not have been good. You can't put someone who likes confederate flags up against the black guy.

Last edited:

If I had to put money on it, I'd say that the visuals of Barbour running against an incumbant black president would not have been good. You can't put someone who likes confederate flags up against the black guy.

Perhaps... the race card will be played big time regardless of who runs against him.

Perhaps... the race card will be played big time regardless of who runs against him.

the race card will be played in its way by the people running against him, too.

but you really think a picture of barbour in front of a confederate flag wouldn't look abysmal? it's like men getting divorced should always have a woman lawyer because the woman can say whatever she wants to about the soon to be ex wife whereas a guy saying it looks like he's beating up on the woman.

mitt doesn't have the same baggage as barbour and i say that even though i happen to like barbour. i don't agree with him. i wouldn't vote for him, but i think he's a sharp guy.

Forum List

Back