Barbeque season

No I didn't even think about that, you can order soy sauce on amazon? I only used amazon a few times to order some CD's.

You can order EVERYTHING on amazon :)

Just look up soy sauce.

I like this one.... thicker and a bit sweet
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ABC-Kecap-Manis-Sweet-Sauce/dp/B000EINWCQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308162902&sr=8-2]ABC Kecap Manis Sweet Soy Sauce - 21 oz bottle x 2: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

Hell yeah thanks alot! :thup:

:)
Glad to help

So what are you going to get?

Now that the backyard project is done, we are back to grilling and smoking.

Definitely dry rubs for ribs...and I'm going to do a pork butt over 4th of July.

For grilling, one of my favs is one my sister sort of made up. No amounts, just to taste:

- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Celery seed
- Salt
- Pepper

I use this for very thick Chataeaubriand and marinate for a couple of days. It's absolutely fabulous grilled, rested, and then sliced at an angle.

Now that the backyard project is done, we are back to grilling and smoking.

Definitely dry rubs for ribs...and I'm going to do a pork butt over 4th of July.

For grilling, one of my favs is one my sister sort of made up. No amounts, just to taste:

- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Celery seed
- Salt
- Pepper

I use this for very thick Chataeaubriand and marinate for a couple of days. It's absolutely fabulous grilled, rested, and then sliced at an angle.

That recipe sounds awsome the good thing about it is the ingredients are easy to find too.

It's so easy - no chopping. Just pour stuff together in the same pan you used for marinating, mix, add meat. Done.

You can order EVERYTHING on amazon :)

Just look up soy sauce.

I like this one.... thicker and a bit sweet
ABC Kecap Manis Sweet Soy Sauce - 21 oz bottle x 2: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Glad to help

Well from my time in the Military I developed a taste for Korean food, I am going to get this Korean soy sauce.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Assi-Korean-Style-Soy-Sauce/dp/B003BMA27A/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1308164775&sr=1-1]Assi Korean Style Soy Sauce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

And I have to get this Korean Barbeque sauce, I used to get this all the time from the commissary on base in California it is delicious!

41IPaQ71dDL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Last edited:

Glad to help

Well from my time in the Military I developed a taste for Korean food, I am going to get this Korean soy sauce.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Assi-Korean-Style-Soy-Sauce/dp/B003BMA27A/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1308164775&sr=1-1]Assi Korean Style Soy Sauce: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

And I have to get this Korean Barbeque sauce, I used to get this all the time from the commissary on base in California it is delicious!

41IPaQ71dDL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Cool!

I have been barbequing alot this summer, usually just chicken so far and pork chops, along with the usual hamburgers and hot dogs. I want to try to do different things on the grill this summer, I usually marinade the meat in Dales sauce.

dales.jpg

You can use this sauce on pretty much anything, so its usually what I use to marinate the meat the night before, anyone care to share anty barbeque secrets?

Try some Stubb's BBQ sauce. I brushed that on some fatass baby backs last weekend and smoked them with apple chips, then brushed a thinner layer on about ten minutes before taking them off. Half of it I sprkinkeld some generic pork rub from the grocery store, but I liked the ones from the other half better. That BBQ sauces is really good on chicken too. You get the perfect balance of tomato and vinegar taste first but whatever spices they use give a really strong kick right after.

I have been barbequing alot this summer, usually just chicken so far and pork chops, along with the usual hamburgers and hot dogs. I want to try to do different things on the grill this summer, I usually marinade the meat in Dales sauce.

dales.jpg

You can use this sauce on pretty much anything, so its usually what I use to marinate the meat the night before, anyone care to share anty barbeque secrets?

Try some Stubb's BBQ sauce. I brushed that on some fatass baby backs last weekend and smoked them with apple chips, then brushed a thinner layer on about ten minutes before taking them off. Half of it I sprkinkeld some generic pork rub from the grocery store, but I liked the ones from the other half better. That BBQ sauces is really good on chicken too. You get the perfect balance of tomato and vinegar taste first but whatever spices they use give a really strong kick right after.

Stubbs BBQ sauce huh? I'll have to look for it.

Smoke!

Applewood, hickory, pecan.... its all about the smoke. Get some chips, soak them a few hours and add to the coals.....

I got a smoker for mothers day.

Oh my goodness I am now the greatest cook in the world

Have you tried smoking stuff like mac and cheese? There is a guy on qvc who talks about how good it is everytime they sell those.

The two best salmon dishes I've ever had were prepared on the grill...

One was a full half, covered with cracked black pepper, purple onion slices (COVERED) and thick lemon slices. Wrap in tin foil and place on the grill for however long it takes depending on the heat and the size of the filet. But it doesn't take long. Better to cook not long enough than too long...open carefully, lots of steam and juice. Serve with the juice, which is delish. You can choose to discard or keep the onions.

Salmon steaks on the grill are fast, yummy, and you don't smell up the house. Put whatever you like on them, just make sure your grill is oiled or the fish is...

That sounds absolutely delicious Allie, I was just thinking about trying to barbeque some type of fish too.

I don't BBQ or steam fish, I grill (steaks, usually, filets sometimes) hot and fast, usually with a little garlic infused olive oil on a very clean and oiled grate.

My favorites are swordfish, thresher shark and ahi tuna steaks. All are cooked hot and fast. I marinade the steaks in olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, some red wine, green onion (diced) and garlic (diced) for only about 20 - 30 minutes. Swordfish and thresher get rubbery if overcooked and ahi tuna only needs grill marks, a minute or two on each side.

Fish kabobs and fish tacos are great on the grill too and served with all the sides one serves with burgers or dogs - potato, pasta or green salads, melons, grapes (on the vine and/or in a glass) and corn on the cob, grilled of course.

The two best salmon dishes I've ever had were prepared on the grill...

One was a full half, covered with cracked black pepper, purple onion slices (COVERED) and thick lemon slices. Wrap in tin foil and place on the grill for however long it takes depending on the heat and the size of the filet. But it doesn't take long. Better to cook not long enough than too long...open carefully, lots of steam and juice. Serve with the juice, which is delish. You can choose to discard or keep the onions.

Salmon steaks on the grill are fast, yummy, and you don't smell up the house. Put whatever you like on them, just make sure your grill is oiled or the fish is...

That sounds absolutely delicious Allie, I was just thinking about trying to barbeque some type of fish too.

I don't BBQ or steam fish, I grill (steaks, usually, filets sometimes) hot and fast, usually with a little garlic infused olive oil on a very clean and oiled grate.

My favorites are swordfish, thresher shark and ahi tuna steaks. All are cooked hot and fast. I marinade the steaks in olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, some red wine, green onion (diced) and garlic (diced) for only about 20 - 30 minutes. Swordfish and thresher get rubbery if overcooked and ahi tuna only needs grill marks, a minute or two on each side.

Fish kabobs and fish tacos are great on the grill too and served with all the sides one serves with burgers or dogs - potato, pasta or green salads, melons, grapes (on the vine and/or in a glass) and corn on the cob, grilled of course.

That sounds very tasty! :thup:

Real Japanese soy sauce and Sake.

Great for bbqs.

I agree, I used to use authentic Korean soy sauce for barbequing when I was in California but its really hard to find that out here where I live now. What do you use the Sake for? I can get Sake at the liquor stores here I usually drink it though lol.

Mix it with the Soy Sauce. It adds a very nice mellow sweet flavor.

Smoke!

Applewood, hickory, pecan.... its all about the smoke. Get some chips, soak them a few hours and add to the coals.....

I got a smoker for mothers day.

Oh my goodness I am now the greatest cook in the world

Have you tried smoking stuff like mac and cheese? There is a guy on qvc who talks about how good it is everytime they sell those.

Will do thanks...I try everything because I like everything :lol:

Real Japanese soy sauce and Sake.

Great for bbqs.

I agree, I used to use authentic Korean soy sauce for barbequing when I was in California but its really hard to find that out here where I live now. What do you use the Sake for? I can get Sake at the liquor stores here I usually drink it though lol.

Mix it with the Soy Sauce. It adds a very nice mellow sweet flavor.

That sounds interesting never thought of it, what do you use the marinade for, chicken? steak?

Idiscovered Sweet Baby Ray's BBq Sauces at the store recently. Very good. anda28 oz bottle is only $1.50. There were 3 types. I've been using on all kinds of meat!

I was in LOVE with lee & perrins BBQ sauce...until they discontinued it. Sweet Baby Rays was my replacement and have enjoyed it ever since.

lowery's salts....

for pork

now for tuna....this aint on a grill but is damned good....take a fry pan...i use a cast iron....heat up some butter...and put whole pepper corns in the pan with butter and cook till peppercorns split open....put a grease screen over the pan....they will pop kinda....add the tuna steak...1 and half minutes on each side....serve...

Forum List

Back