BARBARIC: Roberts USSC

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
The USSC refused to hear a last minute appeal for a man the state of Texas executed five days ago. Despite the prior landmark decision than barred execution of the developmentally disabled, the Texas courts approved, again and again, the death sentence for this man. The chief witness? THE WIFE OF THE OTHER MAN with him, of normal intellect, who may have been the actual killer. The victim had identified both to police as drug dealers. The Texas courts chose to let the man of 'normal' intelligence live, and the disabled man to DIE.

If you are not appalled by the extreme right wing in America, you may need to reconsider your citizenship. There are many other nations in which to reside and pay less taxes, the draconian laws the radical right continues to destroy this nation with, will equal that of any other such nation.

Convicted murderer with IQ of 61 executed in Texas - CNN

dont forget Americans cheered death in the primary debates.

Its sad but true

The USSC refused to hear a last minute appeal for a man the state of Texas executed five days ago. Despite the prior landmark decision than barred execution of the developmentally disabled, the Texas courts approved, again and again, the death sentence for this man. The chief witness? THE WIFE OF THE OTHER MAN with him, of normal intellect, who may have been the actual killer. The victim had identified both to police as drug dealers. The Texas courts chose to let the man of 'normal' intelligence live, and the disabled man to DIE.

If you are not appalled by the extreme right wing in America, you may need to reconsider your citizenship. There are many other nations in which to reside and pay less taxes, the draconian laws the radical right continues to destroy this nation with, will equal that of any other such nation.

He was tried by his peers convicted of his crimes and now you want to second guess what was said in the courtroom even though you weren't there? Why do you whine about gun crimes and want convicted people off?

He was tried by his peers convicted of his crimes and now you want to second guess what was said in the courtroom even though you weren't there? Why do you whine about gun crimes and want convicted people off?

As I do not whine about gun crimes, and very often note that those intent on killing will find a means without firearms, you may not understand my horror at seeing this nation's Constitutional foundation ripped to shreds by the anti American extremist right.

The Vichy Americans pose the most serious threat to this country since the the Civil war.

Don't worry about the monster who killed 6 people and tried to kill Congresswoman Giffords in Tucson. They let him cop a plea.

As I do not whine about gun crimes, and very often note that those intent on killing will find a means without firearms, you may not understand my horror at seeing this nation's Constitutional foundation ripped to shreds by the anti American extremist right.

The Vichy Americans pose the most serious threat to this country since the the Civil war.
Anti American extremist right? I call your side anti American extremist left so we're even.

Anti American extremist right? I call your side anti American extremist left so we're even.

What peach is doing is old school crap. Label your opposition. Oh nozies. If we don't agree with her/him/it then we must be "anti Americans!"

Silly.

One can disagree quite readily with peach and yet love America and American values just as much as -- and maybe more than -- peach.

What peach is doing is old school crap. Label your opposition. Oh nozies. If we don't agree with her/him/it then we must be "anti Americans!"

Silly.

One can disagree quite readily with peach and yet love America and American values just as much as -- and maybe more than -- peach.

Old school as in old Alinsky

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/opinions/73043.wpd

The FACTS which establish his guilt (see above link) also appear to cast serious doubt on the measurement of his IQ.

That said, I'd be happy with a different outcome in his case (too late for that now).

The main witness was the wife of the co defendant, he got life. CIVILIZED people do not execute the developmentally or the insane. Someone with an IQ of is unlikely to understand the finality of death.

Why is this Robert's fault? FYI, Scalia would have got the appeal, not Roberts.

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/opinions/73043.wpd

The FACTS which establish his guilt (see above link) also appear to cast serious doubt on the measurement of his IQ.

That said, I'd be happy with a different outcome in his case (too late for that now).

The main witness was the wife of the co defendant, he got life. CIVILIZED people do not execute the developmentally or the insane. Someone with an IQ of is unlikely to understand the finality of death.

Restating your opinion is all well and good. But it doesn't convert your opinion into immutable fact.

INITIALLY, because of a missed deadline, the argument about his low IQ making him ineligible for the Death Penalty was going to get shunted aside (ala the Federal act dealing with anti-terrorism and effective death penalty). BUT, the Court GRANTED him the right to file more than just that first habeas corpus petition anyway.

And while I would be perfectly satisfied with a bright line rule prohibiting execution of the mentally retarded, the issue is still WHETHER or not the guy understood the nature of his criminal behavior. And he seems to have understood it quite well.

If a guy knows and understands the nature of his criminal behavior, then it makes damn little sense to worry about whether he understands the nature of the eventual penalty. I would suggest that EVERY single person EVER put to death stops worrying about the finality of death once they are dead.

Oh the drama.

Democrats ran Texas for a hundred years and what you have is the dem mechanisms still working around the clock.

We will just over look the other side of the story.

Save TOOKIE!!!!!

Forum List

Back