Barbara Bush funeral

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
This man is going to break my heart.

bb1.jpg

'We'll be celebrating her life,' pastor says of Barbara Bush's funeral

"My role is to lift up her faith, which was strong, which was abiding, which was real," Levenson, the pastor of St. Martin's, told ABC News today.

"While I was her confidant, it's hard to be a confidant to a woman who had no secrets. There were none," he said. "What you saw is what you got. We had very open conversations about her faith and about her love of God and her love of others, which I think was evident in all that she did."

Beautiful video at the link.

The first picture I saw was her husband in a wheelchair at the foot of her casket, greeting everyone who passed.

More to follow.

Barbara Bush Remembered In Her Own, Never-Minced, Words

Some awesome quotes here, made me laugh out loud.

Unlike her trademark three-strand pearl necklace, Barbara Bush was known for her authenticity.

The former first lady to President George H.W. Bush, and mother of President George W. Bush, died this week at the age of 92. Her funeral is Saturday, and those eulogizing her might not have to look far for inspiration — to her own words.

Bush spoke bluntly and unapologetically throughout her life. When asked to deliver the 1990 commencement address at Wellesley College, one of the Seven Sisters, 150 graduates protested the choice. The students argued her recognition was based solely on the achievements of her husband not the Wellesley Way.

Mrs. Bush's response: "No big deal. Even I was 20 once."

in 94, Barbara published her memoir, in which she revealed the actual letter she had written on the very day, the very moment, that Kennedy was shot. the letter has plenty of details, but curiously does not mention George HW Bush's call to Hoover's boys in Houston.

here is the letter:

"George and I were in the middle of a multi-city swing. i was getting my hair done. i am writing this at the Beauty Parlor, and the radio says that the president has been shot. Oh texas...my texas...oh god...let's hope its not true. i am sick at heart as we all are. yes the story is true and the governor also. how hateful some people are.

since the beauty parlor, the president has died. we are once again on a plane. this time a commercial plane. Poppy picked me up at the beauty parlor...we went right to the airport, flew to For Worth and dropped Mr Zeppo off (we were on his plane) and flew back to Dallas. we had to circle the field while the second presidential plane took off. immediately, Pop got tickets back to Houston, and here we are flying home. we are sick at heart. the tales the radio reporters tell of Jackie Kennedy are the bravest i've ever heard. the rumors are flying about the horrid assassin. we are hoping it is not some far-right night, but a commie nut. you understand that we know they are both nuts, but just hope it is not a texan and not an american at all.

i am amazed by the rapid-fire thinking and planning that has already been done. LBJ has been the president for some time now...two hours at least and it is only 4:30. my dearest love to all of you, Bar"

exactly to whom this letter was mailed has never been made clear and the original is not known to exist. note the jab at LBJ. Bar had no idea. the document reversing JFK's Vietnam policies were drafted before his death and executed on Nov 23.

in 94, Barbara published her memoir, in which she revealed the actual letter she had written on the very day, the very moment, that Kennedy was shot. the letter has plenty of details, but curiously does not mention George HW Bush's call to Hoover's boys in Houston.

here is the letter:

"George and I were in the middle of a multi-city swing. i was getting my hair done. i am writing this at the Beauty Parlor, and the radio says that the president has been shot. Oh texas...my texas...oh god...let's hope its not true. i am sick at heart as we all are. yes the story is true and the governor also. how hateful some people are.

since the beauty parlor, the president has died. we are once again on a plane. this time a commercial plane. Poppy picked me up at the beauty parlor...we went right to the airport, flew to For Worth and dropped Mr Zeppo off (we were on his plane) and flew back to Dallas. we had to circle the field while the second presidential plane took off. immediately, Pop got tickets back to Houston, and here we are flying home. we are sick at heart. the tales the radio reporters tell of Jackie Kennedy are the bravest i've ever heard. the rumors are flying about the horrid assassin. we are hoping it is not some far-right night, but a commie nut. you understand that we know they are both nuts, but just hope it is not a texan and not an american at all.

i am amazed by the rapid-fire thinking and planning that has already been done. LBJ has been the president for some time now...two hours at least and it is only 4:30. my dearest love to all of you, Bar"

exactly to whom this letter was mailed has never been made clear and the original is not known to exist. note the jab at LBJ. Bar had no idea. the document reversing JFK's Vietnam policies were drafted before his death and executed on Nov 23.

Poppy = her husband?

here is the letter:

Poppy = her husband?

yes

in an interview on NBC's today show in april 2013, Barabara was asked how she felt about Jeb! seeking the presidency. she replied: "we've had enough Bushes"

she went on to say there were many worthy candidates, telling Matt Lauer: "there are folks out there who are qualified". but by feb 2015, Barabara reversed her opinion, telling the press: "i changed my mind"

"Known as Barbara, as Bar, as Mom, as Mother, as Ganny, as the Silver Fox, and as the Enforcer, she was candid and comforting, steadfast and straightforward, honest and loving."

“She called her style a ‘benevolent dictatorship.’ But honestly, it wasn’t always benevolent.” Touching, funny, honest Jeb Bush tribute

"George H.W. Bush breaks down in tears as his son reads his letter to Barbara on their wedding anniversary in 1994."

yes i would also like to note that all members of the obama and clinton families are banned from my funeral. no LA Clippers either.

yes i would also like to note that all members of the obama and clinton families are banned from my funeral. no LA Clippers either.

Her funeral isn't political for me. Maybe it should be? But I am mostly aware of the length of her marriage and that she was a pretty damn amazing woman. I know people can point out to me what she did 'bad' or wrong but the day of her funeral isn't the right time.

"Barbara hates your ass" Lee Atwater told Roger Stone. Stone erupted: "As a soldier in the service of the Reagan Revolution, I still wear their scorn proudly!"

Barbara once famously exploded at someone called Ronda Fitzgerald in the back of a limo when she touched Bush's knee. Senior campaign aides plotted to remove Fitzgerald, and eventually Bush's savvy campaign chief James Baker gave Bush a "her or me" ultimatum. Fitzgerald left the campaign. Fitzgerald let it be known that she had a trove of love letters from Bush.

Forum List

Back