Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage

and so what?
you all treated the Bush children with hate the same you did her dad when he President, now all of a sudden she is someone you ADMIRE because she endorses one of your pet causes.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about. I really like the Bush twins, especially Jenna.

and so what?
you all treated the Bush children with hate the same you did her dad when he President, now all of a sudden she is someone you ADMIRE because she endorses one of your pet causes.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about. I really like the Bush twins, especially Jenna.

LOL, and I'm suppose to care why?
good gawd, my own personal stalker..getting a little creepy now.:lol:

Last edited:
What is this nonsense of people hating the Bush twins? The only people who have ever had hatred of the Bush twins were the women whose boyfriends and husbands were looking that the pictures of drunken Jenna and thinking "Man, I'd really like to hit that, it would be so easy!"

I don't find it remarkable that Barbara supports gay marriage. Her mother, I have the feeling, secretly supports it as well, which is what I think was the reason for her publicly disagreeing with her husband over his proposed gay marriage amendment. I read an article several years ago about Jenna in her career as a teacher. The writer noted how she taught rather progressive social justice ideas to her elementary students. For example, she had her students read a story about a black being discriminated against, leading to public protests. She told the class that the moral of the story is that some white people pick on black people, and when that happens the students should protest.

Of course, there's also Ronnie Reagan, the ardent anti-Republican. Just because one person holds a political position on a given issue does not mean that their children have to follow suit.

That's her perogative. Not sure why the opinion of a non-politician who only has a microphone because of the actions of family members should be listened to.

Perhaps if she was well respected and had an opinion based on a persuasive argument, i might care. But she is a political nobody.

She has the confidence to express her opinions free from fear that her father would be any less proud of her....think what you will of the man's politics, but he is a loving and supportive parent.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
She has the confidence to express her opinions free from fear that her father would be any less proud of her....think what you will of the man's politics, but he is a loving and supportive parent.

Or maybe she just doesn't care about her father being unhappy with her, and this is her way to giving him a public "F- you!"

Or maybe she just doesn't care about her father being unhappy with her, and this is her way to giving him a public "F- you!"

Maybe you're a douche bag.:D

FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

WASHINGTON -- A campaign for legalization of same-sex marriage in New York has won the backing of Barbara Bush, one of former President George W. Bush's daughters, who appears in a new video offering her support.
"I'm Barbara Bush and I’m a New Yorker for marriage equality. New York is about fairness and equality and everyone should have the right to marry the person that they love. Join us," Bush, 29, says in the video.
Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender group that produced the video, says Bush's advocacy shows "equality knows no party label."

Read more: FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

If only Obama could be more like Bush.

And Cheney.

I personally believe gay marriage is weird, strange, odd and unusual.
But if 2 people fall in love what can be bad about allowing them to marry?
And keeping the government OUT OF IT is what a conservative believes in.
I have never heard any argument from those opposing gay marriage that is supported by any facts other than "marriage is between a man and a woman".
There are no bad consequences of gay marriage. If there were we would have heard them.

It increases the number of divorces. :razz:

FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

WASHINGTON -- A campaign for legalization of same-sex marriage in New York has won the backing of Barbara Bush, one of former President George W. Bush's daughters, who appears in a new video offering her support.
"I'm Barbara Bush and I’m a New Yorker for marriage equality. New York is about fairness and equality and everyone should have the right to marry the person that they love. Join us," Bush, 29, says in the video.
Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender group that produced the video, says Bush's advocacy shows "equality knows no party label."

Read more: FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

Progressive ideas always win out in the end.

Gay rights will be no different.

Forum List

Back