Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

WASHINGTON -- A campaign for legalization of same-sex marriage in New York has won the backing of Barbara Bush, one of former President George W. Bush's daughters, who appears in a new video offering her support.
"I'm Barbara Bush and I’m a New Yorker for marriage equality. New York is about fairness and equality and everyone should have the right to marry the person that they love. Join us," Bush, 29, says in the video.
Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender group that produced the video, says Bush's advocacy shows "equality knows no party label."

Read more: FoxNews.com - Barbara Bush Endorses Gay Marriage in New York

Barbara Bush is a RINO

Drive her from the party

RW continues to prove that he a complete and utter moron.

The Cheneys also support gay marriage.

and so what?
you all treated the Bush children with hate the same you did her dad when he President, now all of a sudden she is someone you ADMIRE because she endorses one of your pet causes.

and so what?
you all treated the Bush children with hate the same you did her dad when he President, now all of a sudden she is someone you ADMIRE because she endorses one of your pet causes.

My thoughts exactly! Since when have any of you lefties gave a shit what any of the Bush's thought? What all of a sudden she is a genius :wtf:
Leave it Stephanie to dismiss the peace and dignity of her neighbors as a "pet cause".

See my response above.

and so what?

I keep hearing about this so called person called "you all".
Where has his ass gone?
Since when is supporting the Constitution a "pet cause"?
Conservatives support LESS AND LIMITED GOVERNMENT.
Please join us. Us conservatives do not discriminate.

and so what?

What are you talking about? I don't remember any hate towards his daughters. Prove it.

RW continues to prove that he a complete and utter moron.

The Cheneys also support gay marriage.

I thought they and Bush the younger supported civil unions, but even so . . . far more enlightened than many people in America.

the states should stop issuing marriage licenses and stop "vesting powers" in religious leaders

the states should stop issuing marriage licenses and stop "vesting powers" in religious leaders

Yes. The states should license civil unions, and let the churches make marriage private without the force of law except within church or temple or mosque canon.

I personally believe gay marriage is weird, strange, odd and unusual.
But if 2 people fall in love what can be bad about allowing them to marry?
And keeping the government OUT OF IT is what a conservative believes in.
I have never heard any argument from those opposing gay marriage that is supported by any facts other than "marriage is between a man and a woman".
There are no bad consequences of gay marriage. If there were we would have heard them.

Forum List

Back