Barbara Boxer: Please Call Me 'Senator'

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator'

good grief! talk about petty!

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) didn't like a Brigadier General calling her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday.

"Do me a favor," she said, "could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you."

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator' - Shenanigans - POLITICO.com

My question is how much work did she actually do to earn the title of Senator?

Also, it is not at all uncommon for military personnel to refer to civilians as ma'am or sir. If it were me, I would have answer the request with a crooked grin, a heel click, and a hearty "Yes Ma'am!"

How's that?

Sorry. I despise people like Boxer, and it is mostly from my run-in with her. If you want to lead ME, get your ass out front and lead or get out of my way. But don't sit on the porch with no intention of getting off your ass and telling me how to do shit and what's best for me.

lol ...

It's just an observation. Cecille tends to jump into threads and respond to like a dozen or more posts one after another.

Oh. I only do that when I get a chance to actually respond. You will note, I was participating on page 1. I wasn't aware that was a ceclie thing.

Is she hot?:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I noticed.

I got no idea if she's hot or not ... either way she's not my type. I'm not into fundies.

Any body here who is military can correct me if I'm wrong.. But that's what the military do.. Yes, Sir and No Ma'am.. I think she was just wielding her power.. Always correct in private and praise in public.. that's just good PR.

Yes, Ma'am...

That is precisely what it was... just a leftists demanding she be recognized as 'all powerful'... it's going to get MUCH WORSE before it gets better, and I can't see at this point, how it can possibly end well...

These leftists are fascist in every sense of the word...

You know.......the General had to do quite a bit to earn his title as "General". Get good evaluations, meet all the requirements for each rank, make sure his officer record stayed squared away.........

All Boxer had to do to earn the title of Senator was have a bunch of money and spend it on getting people to vote for her.

I hope she gets voted out of office next election.

In the US, the term flag officer generally is applied to all general officers (rank O-7 and above) in the US Army, US Air Force, and US Marine Corps (as well as in the US Navy) as general officers are also authorized to fly their own command flags.[4] However, as a matter of law, Title 10 of the United States Code makes a distinction between general officers and flag officers.[3] Non-naval officers usually fly their flags from their headquarters, vessels, or vehicles, typically though only for the most senior officer present.[5][6] In the United States, all flag and general officers must be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate; each subsequent promotion requires renomination and reapproval. In the US Navy, Rear Admirals (Lower Half), Rear Admirals (Upper Half), Vice Admirals, and Admirals are also known by the number of stars on their shoulder boards (one, two, three and four, respectively).
Flag officer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senator Boxer Ma'am aside, it seems she had very little difficulty when the promotion of this officer to "general officer" required Senatorial approval. Again, as in my previous post, Ms. Boxer Ma'am used this forum as she often does to grandstand and nothing more. In this case, she used General Officer and again shows her complete lack of respect for those that serve this nation or those she deems beneath her. Perpahs Ms. Boxer was not aware that the General was by reffering to her as Ma'am was indeed being most respectful to her and her office. It's my contenton however that Ms. Boxer Ma'am would need to understand the concept of respect before she demands it from others.

lol ...

It's just an observation. Cecille tends to jump into threads and respond to like a dozen or more posts one after another.

Oh. I only do that when I get a chance to actually respond. You will note, I was participating on page 1. I wasn't aware that was a ceclie thing.

Is she hot?:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I noticed.

I got no idea if she's hot or not ... either way she's not my type. I'm not into fundies.

Where does my question lead one to believe I would be interested in discussing politics?:eusa_whistle:

Gunny's batchin' it once more. Deep, meaningful conversations are not on my list of priorities.:lol:

Nope.........I was an East Coast Sailor. Spent much of my drinking days at the Oceanview Cafe (while it still was there) in Norfolk. Just across the parking lot from the AFYMCA. Now? It's a bunch of condos.

Also spent quite a bit of time at the Enlisted Club on both the Naval Base, as well as the Air Base side.

Tell ya the truth..........the airdales had a better club than the sailors on the ships. Over at the Enlisted Club on NAB? You could get food, pool, VR games, loud rock and roll, as well as around 60 different kinds of beer.

And............sometimes there was some strange looking to be nailed.

Good times!

Nope.........I was an East Coast Sailor. Spent much of my drinking days at the Oceanview Cafe (while it still was there) in Norfolk. Just across the parking lot from the AFYMCA. Now? It's a bunch of condos.

Also spent quite a bit of time at the Enlisted Club on both the Naval Base, as well as the Air Base side.

Tell ya the truth..........the airdales had a better club than the sailors on the ships. Over at the Enlisted Club on NAB? You could get food, pool, VR games, loud rock and roll, as well as around 60 different kinds of beer.

And............sometimes there was some strange looking to be nailed.

Good times!

Been there. Used to live off Terminal Blvd. Deployment ho's are deployment ho's. The 32nd Street e-club in SD is no different than the Oceanview Cafe was.

NICE!!!!!!!!!! We've chewed up some of the same territory!

Ever know a biker that stood around 6 ft 6 named Gary Rubbert? Most people called him "Duck". He (and I) were there from '82 until '86.

I was known as "Smurf".

You know.......the General had to do quite a bit to earn his title as "General". Get good evaluations, meet all the requirements for each rank, make sure his officer record stayed squared away.........

All Boxer had to do to earn the title of Senator was have a bunch of money and spend it on getting people to vote for her.

if it was ANY other state ABS....this would be possible....Cal. forget it..

if it was ANY other state ABS....this would be possible....Cal. forget it..

Sad, but undoubtably true. :(

Sailor’s Creed

I am a United States Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country’s Navy combat team with honor, courage, and commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Chain of Command
Sir/Ma'am, the (first) person in this officer's chain of command is:"

Officer Training Command, Home of Navy OCS - Memorization

As I have posted here a few times, Ms. Boxer and from this point forward I will drop the Ma'am as it is a sign of respect and I am no longer an active duty officer in the US Navy I don't feel the need to accord her any respect as she gives little to those that come before her. I find it pathetic that a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee knows nothing of US Military protocol. However, I don't find this surprising at all, given her non-support of the US Marines in Berkely, and her lack of support for the USS Iowa as a memorial in San Francisco. People wonder why the DoD has issues with purchasing Tankers for the Air Force when members of the Senate Armed Services Committee don't even know they are being accorded respect when spoken too or proper military protocol.

Several Republicans in Congress are moving forward with an effort to strip Berkeley institutions of federal funds in retaliation for last week's City Council vote telling the U.S. Marines their recruiting station is not welcome in the city. Meanwhile, Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates issued an apology toda...

And a spokesman for Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., said she would "vigorously fight any effort to cut funding to these programs
Berkeley's anti-Marines declaration prompts bills to strip federal funds--Mercury News

So then is anyone surprised that this so called Senator that has little knowledge of the job she holds would have any respect for the soliders, sailors, airmen, or marines that require her representation?

Forum List

Back