Barak Obama on Religion and politics

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/353515028" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=416343938&playerId=353515028&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://services.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

do i have to waste 40 minutes of my life for this??

why don't you summarize for those of us that don't have that kind of time to waste or find this in print and only post the salient points you want to highlight?

no thanks.

I didn't sign up for political leash duty this month.

Wait? When ever a Republican talks at a church we hear screams of bloddy murder from the Democrats, why is it Obama can spend 40 minutes and no one cares?

Wait? When ever a Republican talks at a church we hear screams of bloddy murder from the Democrats, why is it Obama can spend 40 minutes and no one cares?

I'll just go out on a limb here, and say it probably has something to do with the fact that the Republican Party has been using the church to win elections for a couple decades now.

Obama is a black man. Nobody is going to criticize him for what he says, does, eats, licks, shits, looks at, sings to, holds, hits or sucks up his nose.

While I am not certain, I am pretty sure that he was addressing a convocation or convention of Jim Wallis' "Call to Renewal", and not at a "church service" per se.

I would guess that you did not take the time to watch all forty minutes of Obama's address to that organization.... I did.

If you had, you might have gained a new appreciation and understanding of the man that may very well be your next president....but we both know that gaining such insight is really nothing you care very much about... preferring instead to post sniping little comments like this one.

I recommend you read "God's Politics" by Rev. Wallis.... and I recommend you watch Obama's speech. I am certain both would do you a world of good and you'd be glad you had after you had.

While I am not certain, I am pretty sure that he was addressing a convocation or convention of Jim Wallis' "Call to Renewal", and not at a "church service" per se.

I would guess that you did not take the time to watch all forty minutes of Obama's address to that organization.... I did.

If you had, you might have gained a new appreciation and understanding of the man that may very well be your next president....but we both know that gaining such insight is really nothing you care very much about... preferring instead to post sniping little comments like this one.

I recommend you read "God's Politics" by Rev. Wallis.... and I recommend you watch Obama's speech. I am certain both would do you a world of good and you'd be glad you had after you had.

So can I spend the next 4 years , if Obama wins, telling everyone he "stole" the election? Can I claim what ever he says is a lie cause I don't like it? Can I call him ignorant like you all call Bush? Can I claim any Budget he proposes is the worst thing that ever happened to this country?

Ohh wait, I wouldn't do that cause I am not a brain damaged liberal that has lost my mind cause "my guy" didn't win.

Ohh and who ever is President next year we get to blame for any economic problems we have right?

So can I spend the next 4 years , if Obama wins, telling everyone he "stole" the election? Can I claim what ever he says is a lie cause I don't like it? Can I call him ignorant like you all call Bush? Can I claim any Budget he proposes is the worst thing that ever happened to this country?

Ohh wait, I wouldn't do that cause I am not a brain damaged liberal that has lost my mind cause "my guy" didn't win.

Ohh and who ever is President next year we get to blame for any economic problems we have right?

you can, and no doubt will, do anything you want.

The fact is: Unlike Bush, Barack Obama IS extremely intelligent, curious, engaged, and eloquent.

And you should know full well the rules of political accountability for the economy - your side wrote them:

if good happens during a democratic president, it is either due to the republicans in congress or the business cycle... and when something good happens during a republican administration, it is presidential leadership that needs to be credited. Conversely, when something bad happens during the republican's tenure, it is merely the business cycle running its course, and during a democrat's time....lousy tax and spend failed democratic social engineering programs. At least that what the GOP has been selling for fifty years!

but I take it, you are admitting that you really have no interest in listening to Obama's speech about government and religion OR in reading Jim Wallis' book?

you can, and no doubt will, do anything you want.

The fact is: Unlike Bush, Barack Obama IS extremely intelligent, curious, engaged, and eloquent.

And you should know full well the rules of political accountability for the economy - your side wrote them:

if good happens during a democratic president, it is either due to the republicans in congress or the business cycle... and when something good happens during a republican administration, it is presidential leadership that needs to be credited. Conversely, when something bad happens during the republican's tenure, it is merely the business cycle running its course, and during a democrat's time....lousy tax and spend failed democratic social engineering programs. At least that what the GOP has been selling for fifty years!

but I take it, you are admitting that you really have no interest in listening to Obama's speech about government and religion OR in reading Jim Wallis' book?

You take that correctly. And you will find I am quite consistant , THE CONGRESS , not the President effects most things, And you will find that the Democrats presided over 40 years the destruction of the American family, its core values and its work ethic. They created illegal entitlements and hooked whole classes of people on dependence of the US Government. And they will continue in that vein.

Thank you for posting this. It was great!:clap2:

Im sure you know that I'm no fan of the dogma... but Obama is a christian that I can support. I'm guessing that those posting their knee-jerk reactions didn't watch the video or listen to his words. It's unfortunate when politics causes pharisee-like behaviour but not altogether surprising from people who use their dogma as an accessory no greater than a lapel pin.

You take that correctly. And you will find I am quite consistant , THE CONGRESS , not the President effects most things, And you will find that the Democrats presided over 40 years the destruction of the American family, its core values and its work ethic. They created illegal entitlements and hooked whole classes of people on dependence of the US Government. And they will continue in that vein.

Hey dude. THIS thread is about Barak and his message on religion and politics. Why don't you take your broken record the fuck outa here since you are obviously still bitter that the moroni connection failed to take flight this year. Maybe if you'd listen to Obama you'd hear a guy who wants to include your dogma junkie heritage instead of treating your persuasion like the cultish pariah that REPUBLICANS and CONSERVATIVES enjoy tossing cult jokes at.

Im sure you know that I'm no fan of the dogma... but Obama is a christian that I can support. I'm guessing that those posting their knee-jerk reactions didn't watch the video or listen to his words. It's unfortunate when politics causes pharisee-like behaviour but not altogether surprising from people who use their dogma as an accessory no greater than a lapel pin.

I listened to every word, and found it illuminating and inspiring. thanks again.

While OT I was just reading how after Reagan reduced taxes he had second thoughts because of the mounting deficits and was part of the largest tax increase in American history. Curious the myths some live with as Ronnie is considered the King of tax reductions, guess he needs another crown too. But the mess Reagan made Bush Sr suffered through, and the mess Bush Jr has made is affecting everyone and yes, the next president will be blamed.

So can I spend the next 4 years , if Obama wins, telling everyone he "stole" the election?
if he doesn't win by a landslide, I am sure you can, and will
Can I claim what ever he says is a lie cause I don't like it?
if you want to. I never do that. there are many things that Bush says that I don't like and I have only accused him of lying about one thing in over seven years
Can I call him ignorant like you all call Bush?
if you want to. Of course you can. I don't think, however, that there will be websites with "Obamaisms" which show how repeatedly moronic Obama is, but time will tell
Can I claim any Budget he proposes is the worst thing that ever happened to this country?
absolutely Claim anything you want

I am not brain damaged, RGS. I am a pretty smart and educated guy who loves his country and is passionate about his politics.

If those problems are a result of his administration's actions and their impact on the economy and financial markets, yes.

Originally Posted by RetiredGySgt

If it is a Democrat, of course you will blame her.:razz:

If it is McCain , then you will blame Bill Cllinton.:eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back