Barack sure loves his false dilemma logical fallacies doesn't he?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
NationalJournal.com - Obama: It's Kids Versus Corporate Jets on Debt-Ceiling Talks - Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kids versus corporate jets.
If President Obama's news conference accomplished anything on Wednesday afternoon, it underscored, in striking tones, his strategy for winning the debt ceiling fight with Republicans: Make it a clash of classes.
Rich versus Poor.
Us versus Them.
Those who support children, food safety, medical research and, presumably, puppies and apple pie versus the rich fat cats who don't.
In Obama's world, Democrats are for kids and Republicans are for corporate jets. That is a sharp distinction that could help put the GOP on defensive, but it may not be enough to persuade Republicans to change their posture on the debt-ceiling talks

One has to wonder, how is anyone supposed to take this empty suit seriously?

"If we do not have revenues, that means there are a bunch of kids out there who do not have college scholarships," Obama said. "[It] might compromise the National Weather Services. It means we might not be funding critical medical research. It means food inspection might be compromised. I've said to Republican leaders, 'You go talk to your constituents and ask them, "Are you willing to compromise your kids' safety so some corporate-jet owner can get a tax break?" ' ''
NationalJournal.com - Obama: It's Kids Versus Corporate Jets on Debt-Ceiling Talks - Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh how times have changed. In 2009 Dems passed a tax break for "business planes"-

Just a few months after lawmakers scolded auto executives for flying to Washington in private jets, Congress approved a tax break in the stimulus package to help businesses buy their own planes.

The incentive -- first used to help plane makers recover from the 2001 terror attacks -- sharply reduces the up front tax bill for companies who buy assets like business planes.

Stimulus Includes Tax Break to Promote Private Jet Sales - FoxNews.com

The airline industry is the long arm of the government. In fact, they fuel warmongering all across the globe.

How many times have we bailed them out?

Democrat Nancy Pelosi had her own personal air force
Pelosi used the Air Force aircraft for a total of 43 trips, covering 90,155 miles, from January 1 through October 1, 2010. The Air Force documented in-flight expenses for 22 of these flights totaling $1,821.33. The Air Force did not provide expense information for the remaining 21 flights.

Former Speaker Pelosi received chocolate covered strawberries as a birthday surprise on a March 26, 2010 flight. According to one internal Air Force email sent on March 25, 2010: “The speaker’s office is requesting egg salad sandwiches on wheat toast with fruit (watermelon, etc) for desert [sic]. It’s the speaker’s B-Day tomorrow so we’re also asking for something like chocolate covered strawberries (dark chocolate preferred)…” The immediate response to the email from another member of the Air Force staff: “Copy all. We’ll plan something for the birthday and take care of the meal.”

According to previous documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, the former Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over one two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol.

Kids versus corporate jets.
If President Obama's news conference accomplished anything on Wednesday afternoon, it underscored, in striking tones, his strategy for winning the debt ceiling fight with Republicans: Make it a clash of classes.
Rich versus Poor.
Us versus Them.
Those who support children, food safety, medical research and, presumably, puppies and apple pie versus the rich fat cats who don't.
In Obama's world, Democrats are for kids and Republicans are for corporate jets. That is a sharp distinction that could help put the GOP on defensive, but it may not be enough to persuade Republicans to change their posture on the debt-ceiling talks

And oddly, Obama spends more time in what is probably the most lavish of all corporate jets, than any corporate CEO.

Anyhoo.. what the hell does Obama again know about creating jobs? Oh, that's right... NADA.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Anyone who can look at the wage disparities, the poverty in America, the corporate control of the congress, the sprawl and wasted environment, and the effect of two unnecessary wars on families and the nation, outsourcing, and still cling to the fantasy that big money does not control America today is simply a fool. No other word fits.

"Nearly 13 million American children live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level, which is $20,000 a year for a family of four. The number of children living in poverty increased by more than 11 percent between 2000 and 2005. There are 1.3 million more children living in poverty today than in 2000, despite indications of economic recovery and growth." NCCP | Who are America’s Poor Children?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Anyone who can look at the wage disparities, the poverty in America, the corporate control of the congress, the sprawl and wasted environment, and the effect of two unnecessary wars on families and the nation, outsourcing, and still cling to the fantasy that big money does not control America today is simply a fool. No other word fits.

"Nearly 13 million American children live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level, which is $20,000 a year for a family of four. The number of children living in poverty increased by more than 11 percent between 2000 and 2005. There are 1.3 million more children living in poverty today than in 2000, despite indications of economic recovery and growth." NCCP | Who are America’s Poor Children?

What do ya'll demoncrats plan to replace corporations with,, what comes after the "evil rich" whatchagonna due when dey come for you?

Three, Threeee Threeeeeee

When are you going to start laying the blame at the feet at the Democrats who helped facilitate all of that? Until you do, you are the fool.

What are you doing to fix it besides whining on this board?

Poverty by who's standards? I bet them poor people you're talking about have 50" tv's brand new cars with them fancy spinner wheels, cell phones, most are morbidly obese, smoke two packs a day and all on my dime! You don't know poverty until you visit a third world country. Stupid partisan hack!!

Poverty by who's standards? I bet them poor people you're talking about have 50" tv's brand new cars with them fancy spinner wheels, cell phones, most are morbidly obese, smoke two packs a day and all on my dime! You don't know poverty until you visit a third world country. Stupid partisan hack!!

And I'll bet the number of children living in poverty correlates closely with the influx of illegals. And that's supposed to be the fault of the American Taxpayer?

Push for raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations. That gives them incentive to invest in business, which could be increased wages for the poor.

Honestly, if you want the bottom 50% of income earners to pay more in income tax, the simple solution is to pay them more.

Push for raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations. That gives them incentive to invest in business, which could be increased wages for the poor.

Honestly, if you want the bottom 50% of income earners to pay more in income tax, the simple solution is to pay them more.

except for rich progressives like george soros and michael moore, right? Sheesh, I have never encountered a liberal that wasn't a hypocrite and a tool to the very "rich" they claim to hate.

except for rich progressives like george soros and michael moore, right? Sheesh, I have never encountered a liberal that wasn't a hypocrite and a tool to the very "rich" they claim to hate.

You know, I re-read my post twice and even quoted it here and I can't see where I wrote that. Can you point out where I wrote that those two should get exceptions?

You know, I re-read my post twice and even quoted it here and I can't see where I wrote that. Can you point out where I wrote that those two should get exceptions?

Can you point out where you said they should? Your username is chalk full if irony.

Forum List

Back