Barack Reading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jreeves, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    But Dreams is pretty raw, and very revealing. Every political commentator should read it. I'll be posting on it for the next few days, but it showcases the source of Obama's appeal: Senator Obama walked the civil rights' activist and community organizer's walk. He knows the underclass. He tried, in a very real, very committed way, to improve their lot.

He believes.

Barack Obama is a man of the left --the hard left ,the uncompromising left. His passion is real, not feigned, and the intensity of his campaign volunteers is to be expected as a result.

But he is far, far from the mainstream of American politics, and as the electorate learns this, I expect they will become exceedingly cautious about handing the country's future to a man only three years into the D.C. swirl --exactly the same time he spent as an "organizer" on the South Side of Chicago. He didn't "know" Chicago after three years, and he doesn't know D.C. --or the world-- now.

Senator Barack is, in short, a rookie. The sort of rookie the fans love, then turn against, realizing he isn't up to the job. The sort of rookie that makes huge mistakes, which while merely disappointing on the football field, are deadly on the field of international conflict.

Senator Obama is Jimmy Carter, without the experience. Carter, without the United States Naval Academy education.

He's going to win Texas and Ohio on Tuesday, and lose to John McCain in November.

We are a people defined by common sense, after all. We don't turn the county's survival over to rookies.
    http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/60aff20a-06a1-497d-b60d-f0e663b31ecd

Do you want this "Rookie" leading our country?

2. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    You voted for Bush twice, and continue to cheerlead for him.

So your judgement on who is, or is not, a good leader can be laughed off and dismissed out of hand.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    You assume to much.....
    For one I didn't know Bush was on the ballot, Secondly, I didn't write the article.

4. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hugh Hewitt is a notorious NeoCon who voted for bush twice, and is probably one of the 29% who still think bush is doing a good job.

So both HIS and your judgement on who could be a good leader can be laughed off with extreme prejudice.

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,814
    Which of his policies in particular make you say this?

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

You mean as yours can be laughed off for the two imbeciles your side threw out there to run against Bush?

And look at the two offerings you currently have. They actually make McCain look good.

7. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
  8. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    A candiate that has three years experience and comes from corrupt political roots....its going to be fun in the general election...LOL

9. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    March 02, 2008
    Obama and his 2003 Vote:Lacking Intelligence
    Clarice Feldman

These days Obama cannot remind us enough that he voted against authorizing force in Iraq and Clinton authorized it. As Tom Maguire joked of Obama's response to Hillary's latest red- phone- ringing- in-the-White-House-at- 3 am.- advertisement:"Obama's response we have only heard about ten thousand times - if the phone rings at 3 AM we can be sure that he won't invade Iraq in 2003."

But earlier on --in an interview in November 2006--he was more candid about what separated his and Hillary's votes on this important issue--She knew more about the matter than he did:

[Question:] Where do you find yourself having the biggest differences with Hillary Clinton,
    politically?

[Obama:] You know, I think very highly of Hillary. The more I get to know her, the more I admire her. I think she's the most disciplined-one of the most disciplined people-I've ever met. She's one of the toughest. She's got an extraordinary intelligence. And she is, she's somebody who's in this stuff for the right reasons. She's passionate about moving the country forward on issues like health care and children. So it's not clear to me what differences we've had since I've been in the Senate. I think what people might point to is our different assessments of the war in Iraq, although I'm always careful to say that I was
    not in the Senate, so perhaps the reason I thought it was such a bad idea was that I didn't have the benefit of U.S. intelligence. And, for those who did, it might have led to a different set of choices. So that might be something that sort of is obvious. But, again, we were in different circumstances at that time: I was running for the U.S. Senate, she had to take a vote, and casting votes is always a difficult test. (Emphasis supplied.)
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/03/obama_and_his_2003_votelacking.html

10. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Discussing Obama bin Laden??

I think HIllary will win Ohio. For me, I cant make a choice whom I think it will be easier for McCain to win.

Oh my goodness, CARTER?? Gives me a stomach ache just thinking about that guy and what he did to our country. Hopefull enough voters remember that tragedy,,,,