Barack Obama's Teleprompter dies; trusted speech aid was barely 2 years old

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Barack Obama's Teleprompter dies; trusted speech aid was barely 2

Breaking News, literally: After helping both candidate and chief executive deliver weighty words countless times on the campaign trail, on the road to, from and within the White House, the beloved Teleprompter of Democrat President Barack Obama died tonight.

The fragile overused speech aid was little more than two years old. No immediate cause of death and no autopsy were announced.

"Oh, goodness!" Obama exclaimed. "Sorry about that, guys." The heartless audience of mayors, urban policy wonks and administration crowd-packers laughed out loud at the sudden death.

As if it was a mere machine, the 47-year-old president displayed no sign of concern or compassion whatsoever for his departed friend. He simply continued his speech with the surviving Teleprompter on the other side.

The Teleprompter's remains were removed later by janitorial personnel for private burial. An official period of mourning was not announced. Not even a moment of silence. That's the Chicago way.

The deceased Teleprompter is survived by numerous siblings and offspring, all also named Teleprompter.

Barack Obama's Teleprompter dies; trusted speech aid was barely 2 | Los Angeles Times

it was really funny, actually.

i'd think the wingnuts who think he can't talk without it should have been very impressed with how cool he was.

but that would probably require giving credit where credit is due.

i'd think the wingnuts who think he can't talk without it should have been very impressed with how cool he was.

If he's such a great orator, why does he even need the crutch?

It's so you can see his pretty face, since even the greatest orators in the world use 3x5s instead.

well, it helps you focus. i'd use it too, same as i always wrote out my opening statements and summations. otherwise, you get done and say, "darn, I meant to mention.....".

The only president I know of who could seamlessly talk extemporaneously in major speeches was Bill Clinton, who actually ad libbed 20 minutes of a State of the Union Address at one point.

It's so you can see his pretty face, since even the greatest orators in the world use 3x5s instead.

that must be it... *shrug*

It's so you can see his pretty face, ...

Pretty??? It just occurred to me that his face was the reason it broke in the first place.

well, it helps you focus. i'd use it too, same as i always wrote out my opening statements and summations. otherwise, you get done and say, "darn, I meant to mention.....".

The only president I know of who could seamlessly talk extemporaneously in major speeches was Bill Clinton, who actually ad libbed 20 minutes of a State of the Union Address at one point.
So, we can safely toss away the "great orator" label for The Obama.

Bill Clinton had (and perhaps still has) an incredible memory. I was always amazed at how he could remember every detail of a given meeting from years ago, including everyone's names.

And credit was duly given:

"As if it was a mere machine, the 47-year-old president displayed no sign of concern or compassion whatsoever for his departed friend. He simply continued his speech with the surviving Teleprompter on the other side."

Bill Clinton had (and perhaps still has) an incredible memory. I was always amazed at how he could remember every detail of a given meeting from years ago, including everyone's names.

I thought he had no clear recollection of that woman? :eusa_eh:

Don't be fooled ... you know he lied to keep his "marriage" in tact ... like so many other men.

Forum List

Back