Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross

If mocking the sign of the cross were an issue here at all (which is ludicrous to normal people)

wouldn't it be the use of it - with EITHER hand - in the farcical pardoning of turkey??

You people are too stupid to even get faux outrage right...jeezus mary and joseph!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah. this is one of those threads that just make me say "oh for fuck's sake!!!" :eusa_doh:

If mocking the sign of the cross were an issue here at all (which is ludicrous to normal people)

wouldn't it be the use of it - with EITHER hand - in the farcical pardoning of turkey??

You people are too stupid to even get faux outrage right...jeezus mary and joseph!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah. this is one of those threads that just make me say "oh for fuck's sake!!!" :eusa_doh:

But irresistible to comment on anyway. :eusa_shifty:

Isn't making the sign of the cross a catholic thing? The President is not Catholic.

It's not exclusively Catholic. Lutherans and some other denominations do it. Traditionally it is done with the right hand, but insistence that there's something wrong with doing it lefty is just superstition.

Lutherans are Catholics that think themselves better then Catholics, they share alot of the same customs.

Is the left not infuriated that he makes any kind of religious sign?

Of course not. Obama can do no wrong.

yes i would.

all religions that include myths are not good for mankind

Except yours -- right?

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Hail Barry, full of grace.
Our vote is with thee.
Blessed art thou among progressives,
and blessed is the fruit of thy pen,
Regulation.
Holy Barry, Brother of Yourself,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our audit.
Amen.

Last edited:
I am left handed and when I was forced to attend the brainwashing at our local Catholic church I crossed myself with my left hand an no one ever said anything to me.

Man am I glad I walked away from all the superstitious nonsense.

Then the good Nuns that supposedly taught you erred, but I doubt that very much.

Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross​

By: Judi McLeod
November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

Video:
Obama absolves Thanksgiving turkey with the Sign of the Cross - YouTube

[excerpt]

Read more:

Clearly the OP, as with others on the right, have learned nothing from their election loss and are determined to continue making the same mistakes.
I wasn't aware that losing an election means you can only say good things about the winner.

When did you idiots make up that stupid rule?

I am left handed and when I was forced to attend the brainwashing at our local Catholic church I crossed myself with my left hand an no one ever said anything to me.

Then the good Nuns that supposedly taught you erred, but I doubt that very much.

They don't teach that anymore, just like they no longer force left handed children to use their right hand.

How does a nun bless a turkey?

We never covered that

"the sign of the cross'' is not even what Obama was doing....

the sign of the cross is when you touch your forehead, then the center of your chest, then your left shoulder, then your right shoulder....

Obviously the op has NO IDEA what the "sign of the cross" is.... so sad to see such ignorance on this board.

Lol! :lmao: I just watched the video, that makes this whole thread even sillier!

There is no 'rule' about which hand to use. There is a custom.

The only rule involved here is that if there is anything idiotic to be said about something President Obama does,

the rightwing propaganda machine will find it, and say it.

He spent time in a Catholic school; I think probably he used his left hand deliberately in order not to make a mockery of the cross, thus offending his Catholic constituents.

obama can make an error by giving the sign of the Cross with his left hand because he doesn't much care one way or other whether he's being insulting to Christians.

So, least intelligent poster on USMB, what would that make the Christians who have abandoned the gesture altogether??

Devils?

He spent time in a Catholic school; I think probably he used his left hand deliberately in order not to make a mockery of the cross, thus offending his Catholic constituents.

His Catholic constiuents? You mean the majority of the Catholic vote that Obama WON???

Weren't you one of the pathetic fools who insisted he would lose the Catholic vote?

lol, welcome to normal American, mutant.

His Catholic constiuents? You mean the majority of the Catholic vote that Obama WON???

Yup. Last numbers I saw on the Catholic vote were Obama 52, Romney 45.

And something tells me that waving his freakin' finger at a freakin' turkey wouldn't have changed those numbers.

There is no 'rule' about which hand to use. There is a custom.

The only rule involved here is that if there is anything idiotic to be said about something President Obama does,

the rightwing propaganda machine will find it, and say it.

There is a rule that you can use your left hand when blessing a turkey

It is in the Bible

And something tells me that waving his freakin' finger at a freakin' turkey wouldn't have changed those numbers.

Thank you two for proving yet again how dismally retarded you are.

Yes, my point is that he used the wrong hand in order to AVOID offending Catholics, because to make the sign of the cross over a turkey would be considered sacreligious. In other words, he did the proper thing...

Though really the most proper thing would have not been to make the sign at all.

Thank you two for proving yet again how dismally retarded you are.

Yes, my point is that he used the wrong hand in order to AVOID offending Catholics, because to make the sign of the cross over a turkey would be considered sacreligious. In other words, he did the proper thing...

Though really the most proper thing would have not been to make the sign at all.

Well dang, even a dismally retarded goofball like me can be right now and then!

Thanks for the confirmation! Woot!

:rock:

Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross​

By: Judi McLeod
November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

Video:
Obama absolves Thanksgiving turkey with the Sign of the Cross - YouTube

[excerpt]

Read more:

The far right wing in America is becoming more and more desperate in their efforts to discredit the elected POTUS. Notice how the idiot fringe on the far right post crap such as this thread daily; I guess they actually believe the other 98% of Americans - the non-idiot fringe - care not which hand the president used in the turkey commutation.

It still doesn't approach the idiocy of the propaganda you guys swallow and regurgitate all over the place. At least he really did make the cross over a turkey. Half the shit you guys say about the Republican party doesn't even have a basis in reality, let alone fact...

Forum List

Back