Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross​

By: Judi McLeod
November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

Video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8rU3nWzyg]Obama absolves Thanksgiving turkey with the Sign of the Cross - YouTube[/ame]

[excerpt]

Read more:

He's left handed. What hand would you expect him to it with? You're just invoking superstition, a sin in itself.

I am left handed and when I was forced to attend the brainwashing at our local Catholic church I crossed myself with my left hand an no one ever said anything to me.

Man am I glad I walked away from all the superstitious nonsense.

I am left handed and when I was forced to attend the brainwashing at our local Catholic church I crossed myself with my left hand an no one ever said anything to me.

Don't debase yourself by lying. Do you shake hands with your left hand? No, you do not. Do people in the military salute with their left hand if they happen to be left-handed? No, they do not.

Don't debase yourself by lying. Do you shake hands with your left hand? No, you do not. Do people in the military salute with their left hand if they happen to be left-handed? No, they do not.

I was never corrected for using my left hand in church.

I was smart enough to stop attending the cult when I was a kid.

If i remember correctly and I do as a lefty when I was a kid I would put out my left hand to shake but social convention and the fact that most people are right handed forced me to switch hands.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross​

By: Judi McLeod
November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

[excerpt]

Read more:

First of all the sign of the cross is not a "Christian" thing it is a Catholic thing. As far as I know Obama isn't Catholic so why he would be making the sign of the cross apparently is to play to the religious which should really piss off the left but apparently they don't care because they know he is pretending. Second of all that isn't what I see Obama doing. He is making a sign that a priest would as he passes on a blessing.

In my opinion this is nothing about nothing. There is plenty wrong with the Obama administration this is nothing. In my opinion.

Isn't making the sign of the cross a catholic thing? The President is not Catholic.

It's not exclusively Catholic. Lutherans and some other denominations do it. Traditionally it is done with the right hand, but insistence that there's something wrong with doing it lefty is just superstition.

He's left handed. What hand would you expect him to it with? You're just invoking superstition, a sin in itself.

so is his right hand broken..?
the man is nothing but a mockery

What about the fact that he's left-handed? Your prejudice is nothing but superstition, mixed with a fair portion of ODS.

then he shouldn't of done anything. and would ODS be anything BDS we saw for eight years?

Forum List

Back