Barack Obama's 1998 Political Awareness Test

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Abortion
(Back to top)Please indicate which principles you support (if any) regarding abortion.
a) Abortions should always be legally available.
b) Abortions should be legal only within the first trimester of pregnancy.
c) Abortions should be legal only when pregnancy resulted from incest, rape, or when the life of the woman is endangered.
d) Abortions should be legal only when the life of the woman is endangered.
e) Abortions should always be illegal.
f) Abortions should be limited by waiting periods and parental notification requirements.
g) Prohibit the late-term abortion procedure known as "partial-birth" abortion.
h) Support "buffer zones" by requiring demonstrators to stay at least 15 feet away from abortion clinic doorways and driveways.
X i) Other
Abortions should be legally available in accordance with Roe v. Wade.
Undecided j) Should Illinois government funding be provided to clinics and medical facilities that provide abortion services?

I thought this was very interesting into Obama's background.

Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. - Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)

Abortion
(Back to top)Please indicate which principles you support (if any) regarding abortion.
a) Abortions should always be legally available.
b) Abortions should be legal only within the first trimester of pregnancy.
c) Abortions should be legal only when pregnancy resulted from incest, rape, or when the life of the woman is endangered.
d) Abortions should be legal only when the life of the woman is endangered.
e) Abortions should always be illegal.
f) Abortions should be limited by waiting periods and parental notification requirements.
g) Prohibit the late-term abortion procedure known as "partial-birth" abortion.
h) Support "buffer zones" by requiring demonstrators to stay at least 15 feet away from abortion clinic doorways and driveways.
X i) Other
Abortions should be legally available in accordance with Roe v. Wade.
Undecided j) Should Illinois government funding be provided to clinics and medical facilities that provide abortion services?

I thought this was very interesting into Obama's background.

Project Vote Smart - Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. - Issue Positions (Political Courage Test)

Psst Navy, if you think is good stuff then you oughta to look at John McCain's record on Abortion 10 years ago. :cuckoo:

Obama is the best man for the job

Seems to be what the big debate is Orange, Hopefully whoever wins this thing, does a some good. I just thought this test he took was interesting fodder for both sides mine and yours to havea debate over.

Psst Navy, if you think is good stuff then you oughta to look at John McCain's record on Abortion 10 years ago. :cuckoo:

You would actually be very surprised Robert, I live in Arizona and know what his record is. Not all Republicans think exactly the same you know.

And not all republicans keep their position. As John McCain as shown.

And 60 other flipping flopping:

John McCain -- 61 Flip-Flops and Counting | Election 2008 | AlterNet

Oh now Robert we don't want to get into a flip-flop contest here do we? You and I both know thats another one of those things thats not exclusive to republicans.

Comprehensive Obama flip flop list: constantly updated

It's not an exclusive thing, the original test I posted on here shows Obama is consistant on some things from then and not consistant on others. I'm sure as a democrat you would read it differently, and if I showed it to my daughter she would print it and most likely build a shirne for it. LOL

Oh now Robert we don't want to get into a flip-flop contest here do we? You and I both know thats another one of those things thats not exclusive to republicans.

Comprehensive Obama flip flop list: constantly updated

It's not an exclusive thing, the original test I posted on here shows Obama is consistant on some things from then and not consistant on others. I'm sure as a democrat you would read it differently, and if I showed it to my daughter she would print it and most likely build a shirne for it. LOL

Never said it was exclusive to the Republicans, however by making these threads your acting it. We all know by now that John McCain has flip flopped on abortion several times.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/flipflops

This list is even bigger.

Oh and Post #1,000! :party: :woohoo: :lol:

Last edited:
Never said it was exclusive to the Republicans, however by making these threads your acting it. We all know by now that John McCain has flip flopped on abortion several times.

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/flipflops

This list is even bigger.

Oh and Post #1,000! :party: :woohoo: :lol:

I made the thread Robert to invite a conversation into Barack Obama's postions and how they have changed or now since his announcing for President. Now you want to steer it to a flip-flop contest, which was not the original intent of the thread. It was to invoke a discussion into his background on positions. For example, I think then he made it failry clear that he has no problem raising taxes. You want me to start a flip-flop thread too Robert? j/k

I made the thread Robert to invite a conversation into Barack Obama's postions and how they have changed or now since his announcing for President. Now you want to steer it to a flip-flop contest, which was not the original intent of the thread. It was to invoke a discussion into his background on positions. For example, I think then he made it failry clear that he has no problem raising taxes. You want me to start a flip-flop thread too Robert? j/k

The main point of the conversation being how Obama has "flip flopped" in your eyes. It wasn't a contest to steer with since it was one to begin with. :lol:

I don't know why you republicans think that John McCain isn't going to raise your taxes though. You want another Bush 41: Read my lips, no new taxes sort of thing? Because that didn't work out so well. :eusa_whistle:

The main point of the conversation being how Obama has "flip flopped" in your eyes. It wasn't a contest to steer with since it was one to begin with. :lol:

I don't know why you republicans think that John McCain isn't going to raise your taxes though. You want another Bush 41: Read my lips, no new taxes sort of thing? Because that didn't work out so well. :eusa_whistle:

Let me ask you a basic question Robert, do you think that taxing profits on oil companies will raise the cost of fuel? If yes, then do you think that will make the price of food and other goods go up? If so, is that something you think is okay, all in the name of providing health insurance to all? I am seriously trying to understand where democrats are comming from this year. You know and I know you can't have it both ways. So if your willing to have a bad economy in order to provide Healthcare for all and more programs for the poor then just say so. Thats fine with me, I just am trying to understand the nature of this.

Let me ask you a basic question Robert, do you think that taxing profits on oil companies will raise the cost of fuel? If yes, then do you think that will make the price of food and other goods go up? If so, is that something you think is okay, all in the name of providing health insurance to all? I am seriously trying to understand where democrats are comming from this year. You know and I know you can't have it both ways. So if your willing to have a bad economy in order to provide Healthcare for all and more programs for the poor then just say so. Thats fine with me, I just am trying to understand the nature of this.

Taxing profits on oil companies will of course want them to raise their prices. But I don't think you realize that no matter what they are going to raise prices once this election is over. If the Republicans get in, the middle class is screwed because oil is going up to $5.00.

However, that's something the Democrats I believe have backed off on in recent weeks.

A bad economy because of a Republican that a Democrat has to come in and fix yet AGAIN. I know that with Obama's health plan that I'll be taxed more. Right now, they're trying to figure out where the money would from otherwise.

Personally, I rather see our troops come home and our tax money go to something that would help Americans like Health Care for all.

Here's some stats for you:

1. •The military budget of the United States in 2008 is the largest in the world at $623 billion per year. China has the second largest in the world.
  2. •Ten times. China's military budget is $65 billion. The US military budget is nearly 10 times larger than the second leading military spender.
  3. • The US military budget of $623 billion is larger than the budgets of all the countries in the rest of the world put together. The total global military budget of the rest of the world is $500 billion. Russia's military budget is $50 billion, South Koreas is $21 billion, and Irons is $4.3 billion

I have a bunch more stats if you like. Just recently did a bunch of research on Military spending. :)

Taxing profits on oil companies will of course want them to raise their prices. But I don't think you realize that no matter what they are going to raise prices once this election is over. If the Republicans get in, the middle class is screwed because oil is going up to $5.00.

However, that's something the Democrats I believe have backed off on in recent weeks.

A bad economy because of a Republican that a Democrat has to come in and fix yet AGAIN. I know that with Obama's health plan that I'll be taxed more. Right now, they're trying to figure out where the money would from otherwise.

Personally, I rather see our troops come home and our tax money go to something that would help Americans like Health Care for all.

Here's some stats for you:

1. •The military budget of the United States in 2008 is the largest in the world at $623 billion per year. China has the second largest in the world.
  2. •Ten times. China's military budget is $65 billion. The US military budget is nearly 10 times larger than the second leading military spender.
  3. • The US military budget of $623 billion is larger than the budgets of all the countries in the rest of the world put together. The total global military budget of the rest of the world is $500 billion. Russia's military budget is $50 billion, South Koreas is $21 billion, and Irons is $4.3 billion

I have a bunch more stats if you like. Just recently did a bunch of research on Military spending. :)

Here is the flaw though Robert, and you think I don't know about Military spending? The assumption is that somehow money spent on deployments i.e Iraq once an Obama administration ends things there, is now shifted to pay for social programs is somehow counted as some sort of savings? see what I mean you still spending the same amount of money, it's just going into a different place. Now with that in mind, and the promised re-deployment of forces to Afghanistan and the backtracking on the timeline in Iraq. really, the only way to pay for his domestic agenda , is to raise taxes or cut Military spending deeply which he won't say before an election he will do because he knows that will instantly lose him the election.

Forum List

Back