Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown

Barack Obama's offhand approach to Gordon Brown's Washington visit last week came about because the president was facing exhaustion over America's economic crisis and is unable to focus on foreign affairs, the Sunday Telegraph has been told.

President Barack Obama and British Prime Minister Gordon Brown walk down the Colonnade of the White House in Washington, Photo: AP
Sources close to the White House say Mr Obama and his staff have been "overwhelmed" by the economic meltdown and have voiced concerns that the new president is not getting enough rest.

British officials, meanwhile, admit that the White House and US State Department staff were utterly bemused by complaints that the Prime Minister should have been granted full-blown press conference and a formal dinner, as has been customary. They concede that Obama aides seemed unfamiliar with the expectations that surround a major visit by a British prime minister.

But Washington figures with access to Mr Obama's inner circle explained the slight by saying that those high up in the administration have had little time to deal with international matters, let alone the diplomatic niceties of the special relationship.

Allies of Mr Obama say his weary appearance in the Oval Office with Mr Brown illustrates the strain he is now under, and the president's surprise at the sheer volume of business that crosses his desk.

Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown - Telegraph

I've sent my violin to the cleaners! poor pookie! :eusa_eh:

Do you expect Obama to meet with this terrorist without preconditions?

:lol:

This is not a good time to have "useful idiots" running this country. I'm not so sure we will even have a country in four years.

I wish that there were more who understood your reference to Lenin's "useful idiots," but such is the state of the study of history.

I think that the term is prescient, not that President Obama is an idiot, certainly not, but he does seem to be a true believer who will stop at nothing to change America "in his image."

he's not useful either! :lol:

I imagine he is tired. He's out giving the masse's speeches everyday & has not had time to rest, nor sit in the oval office, roll up his sleeves & go to work. He is still in campaign mode.

Willow tree has such hatred for Obama he's going to spend every minute of his life finding anything he can to try and discredit anything Obama does. Well, that is, when he's not busy playing with his cats

This may actually be bigger than petty tit-for-tat. Can you address the question as to why the President of the United States, in the light of 200 years of alliance that has maintained freedom thoughout the free world, is ready to throw away so much of our history.

I enjoy this board, but it irks me that as soon as it comes to foreign policy, or our place in the world, Democrats yawn and cast aspersions.

Please consider this: we are ready to change our allegience from the UK to Germany, which is in a position to be the controlling force in EU. Germany has a growing segment of its population that is no longer enamoured with democracy for its government.

Putin is about to regain the lost parts of the former Soviet Union.

Afghanistan is about to become unwinable.

If we cannot do anything about these events, can we at least try to understand them?

What kills me is before the election they insisted that it was a #1 priority to get back in the good graces of "The World".

This is just more evidence to add to the pile. Democrats lie about what their motives are. Their motives aren't to be more likable around the world, their motives aren't to help the poor or balance the budget or pay attention to domestic issues.

They say that so they can attain office and power. Their ultimate goal is to establish a class that is answerable to no one, and populate it with themelves and their buddies. Because they honestly believe they are smarter and better than the majority, and the majority should be forced to live under them.

End of story. That's what the democratic party wants. And they'll do anything to get it.

Too tired? Geez, Barry, we told you you weren't ready for this job, but we thought you'd last longer than this.

Seems more than tired, or an ovesight.

Overseas, candidate Obama chose Berlin for his speech, as President he immediately sends the bust of Churchill back to UK, snubs Brown, and when he does see him, the gift is some DVD's.

Is this the "change" we were promised?
Not to mention this:
Sarah Brown (the Prime Minister's wife) showered little Sasha and Malia Obama with gifts, including a half-dozen carefully selected children's books by British authors not yet available in the States, and outfits from British boutique Topshop, which just recently opened up its first American location in New York City.

First Lady Michelle Obama, however, apparently sent a helper down to the White House gift shop and picked up, for the Browns' sons Fraser and John, two models of the presidential helicopter, Marine One. Each model, it seems, retails for $15 in the aforementioned gift shop.
but 100 buck steaks is ok.

Willow tree has such hatred for Obama he's going to spend every minute of his life finding anything he can to try and discredit anything Obama does. Well, that is, when he's not busy playing with his cats

This may actually be bigger than petty tit-for-tat. Can you address the question as to why the President of the United States, in the light of 200 years of alliance that has maintained freedom thoughout the free world, is ready to throw away so much of our history.

I enjoy this board, but it irks me that as soon as it comes to foreign policy, or our place in the world, Democrats yawn and cast aspersions.

Please consider this: we are ready to change our allegience from the UK to Germany, which is in a position to be the controlling force in EU. Germany has a growing segment of its population that is no longer enamoured with democracy for its government.

Putin is about to regain the lost parts of the former Soviet Union.

Afghanistan is about to become unwinable.

If we cannot do anything about these events, can we at least try to understand them?

What kills me is before the election they insisted that it was a #1 priority to get back in the good graces of "The World".

This is just more evidence to add to the pile. Democrats lie about what their motives are. Their motives aren't to be more likable around the world, their motives aren't to help the poor or balance the budget or pay attention to domestic issues.

They say that so they can attain office and power. Their ultimate goal is to establish a class that is answerable to no one, and populate it with themelves and their buddies. Because they honestly believe they are smarter and better than the majority, and the majority should be forced to live under them.

End of story. That's what the democratic party wants. And they'll do anything to get it.

yes, but there will always be us subversies under here hoping they fail,, :lol:

Barack Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown

"Proper welcome"?

Is that a blow job or something?

Just when I think we might have seen the absolute lowest-class of responses, along comes an ag-school grad.

well, democwats know about blow jobs don't they? they elected one twice didn't they! yessireeeebob democwats know about blow jobs! :lol:

Seems more than tired, or an ovesight.

Overseas, candidate Obama chose Berlin for his speech, as President he immediately sends the bust of Churchill back to UK, snubs Brown, and when he does see him, the gift is some DVD's.

Is this the "change" we were promised?

What's wrong with Berlin? You do realize that it's not controlled by nazis anymore correct?

Stop acting like the Churchill bust and Obama not jumping like a lapdog to Brown are big things. Honestly, it's dishonest and pathetic on your part.

Are you back? Didn't I tell you to go back to being the hall monitor?

Ok, let's make up. I got you some new bath toys: a toaster and a radio.

You forgot to tell him to make sure he plugs them in and makes certain to immerse them in the water.

PoliticalChic,

The British invented SLAVERY and John McCain collaborated with the NVA. FACT !!!

You are 100% correct; this world never saw slavery before the Brits came along. No other people had ever been enslaved throughout the history of this planet until the Brits came along. :cuckoo:

What's wrong with Berlin? You do realize that it's not controlled by nazis anymore correct?

Stop acting like the Churchill bust and Obama not jumping like a lapdog to Brown are big things. Honestly, it's dishonest and pathetic on your part.

Are you back? Didn't I tell you to go back to being the hall monitor?

Ok, let's make up. I got you some new bath toys: a toaster and a radio.

You forgot to tell him to make sure he plugs them in and makes certain to immerse them in the water.

You have to give him the credit to figure out some things!?!?~

Forum List

Back