Barack Obama sees worst poll rating drop in 50 years

How silly this thread truly is, as the far right delusional wing continues to get traction against the tides of history. You guys are out. You are not getting back again. The moderate conservatives feel absolutely betrayed by you, and many at our place of business have said, "We will never allow ourselves to be betrayed by the whackos again".

Looks like the tide is out. Silly, as in biggest drop in approval in the last fifty years, has no significance? No. Silly as in if the numbers had gone up, that would have had no impact? No. Silly as in we have to read commentary little yours? Bingo! We have a winner!

There's no relevance to the same time frame in one presidency vs. another. That's an idiotic comparison. Bush's number is +16 for the time frame in question, only because of 9/11.

was bush president for fifty years?

The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July has been the steepest of any president at the same stage of his first term for more than 50 years.

What's the point? Wouldn't Bush's 40 pt approval ratings jump in about a month in 2001 be the biggest in history? But what does it prove? That Bush was the best president ever? That Bush was history's best president ever for the month of September? That Bush was the best president ever in the month of September of a first term?

Other than one more meaningless dig at Obama to give the Obama-haters a new jerkoff fantasy for a couple days...

...what is the POINT???

:rofl:

the point is watching the partisan hacks jump all over their own dicks.

i'll grant you it's not much of a point, but we all have to sacrifice during these bleak times.

you may return to your jumping, should you so desire.

Where is the lie?

george bush's approval ratings didn't drop 61 percentage points from july to october 2001.

dope.

Big fucking deal.

So you can choose an arbitrary period of time and say Obama's approval dropped 10% ?
Got news for you boys.....Obama still has a 54% approval rating which is more than sufficient to beat any republican candidate out there.

The reason I posted Bush's approval numbers is that the approval of the republican party fell at the same rate. Can you imagine how bad you have to fuck up to have your approval rating drop 60% ???

George Bush had unparalleled support at this time in his presidency. Think of what he could have accomplished to help this country with an 88% approval rating and worldwide support for America.

Instead, everything he touched turned to shit.........the wars, Katrina, the economy
Want to talk about approval?
What happens when the republicans say..
We have earned the right to lead this country again

Did you set your alarm for 2008? You know Bush isn't POTUS anymore, right? Did you miss the sunrise on the Age of the Obamanation?

Your Golden Boy is tanking because he's fucking up worse than Bush. And that's impressive!

How comical this thread is.

Has it occured to any of you Obamatrons that 'Bush' is NOT the gold standard to beat, and it doesn't matter what he did or his numbers were?

The concept was to elect someone MUCH BETTER, but the lot of you think saying 'Bush' is some magic bullet that saves Barry from his rotten presidency.

Time to face it boys & girls, Barry blows chunks, screaming Bush makes you as laugahable to most of us as it was when the 22% that loved Chimp kept defending him to the end.

Its time to face facts, Barry lied TO YOU.

He lied to all of us, and a lot of people have noticed, just as they notice things have not gotten better and that barry made things worse.

You can stand up and demand better, or keep bringing up chimp and be laughed at, your choice.

Haha, the weactionionary wighto whackos are trying to run away from their despicable heritage. However, they will always be reminded what they were and why they will never be in power again.

was bush president for fifty years?

What's the point? Wouldn't Bush's 40 pt approval ratings jump in about a month in 2001 be the biggest in history? But what does it prove? That Bush was the best president ever? That Bush was history's best president ever for the month of September? That Bush was the best president ever in the month of September of a first term?

Other than one more meaningless dig at Obama to give the Obama-haters a new jerkoff fantasy for a couple days...

...what is the POINT???

i'll grant you it's not much of a point, but we all have to sacrifice during these bleak times.

Well, since a partisan hack started this thread you acknowledge as pointless, maybe you should go jump on him.

...what is the POINT???

Well, since a partisan hack started this thread you acknowledge as pointless, maybe you should go jump on him.

maybe i should, but you're providing a bigger bang for the buck, amusementwise.

thanks!

How comical this thread is.

Has it occured to any of you Obamatrons that 'Bush' is NOT the gold standard to beat, and it doesn't matter what he did or his numbers were?

The concept was to elect someone MUCH BETTER, but the lot of you think saying 'Bush' is some magic bullet that saves Barry from his rotten presidency.

Time to face it boys & girls, Barry blows chunks, screaming Bush makes you as laugahable to most of us as it was when the 22% that loved Chimp kept defending him to the end.

Its time to face facts, Barry lied TO YOU.

He lied to all of us, and a lot of people have noticed, just as they notice things have not gotten better and that barry made things worse.

You can stand up and demand better, or keep bringing up chimp and be laughed at, your choice.

Since you started the thread, it appears that you think some comparison is relevant. Now you're mocking yourself; it's always a treat when threads end up that way, i.e., the OP arguing with himself.

Well deserved drop. How bout that whole "Changing the Tone of Washington" stuff? This administration is becoming increasingly arrogant & partisan. "We Control the Media?" Yikes!

Well deserved drop. How bout that whole "Changing the Tone of Washington" stuff? This administration is becoming increasingly arrogant & partisan. "We Control the Media?" Yikes!

More looniness as CalyposLouise LibocalypseNow flies around and barks at the moon.

Since you started the thread, it appears that you think some comparison is relevant. Now you're mocking yourself; it's always a treat when threads end up that way, i.e., the OP arguing with himself.
You really are stupid.

The Times picked the headline, i didn't change it at all.

Barry is dropping like a stone in popularity, mayhap this will occur to you there is a reason for it.

But in your case, i doubt it.

So glad the Right continues to care more about Obama's poll numbers than the condition of this country. If only the real issues got this much attention outside of partisan attacks and soundbytes.

Well, if we are not allowed to compare Barack Obama to George Bush......how about Ron Reagan?
A Blue View: Will Obama Be Like Reagan In His Poll Numbers Too?

Despite a long, hard-fought election campaign, the public rallies to a new chief executive who has come to office riding a tide of national discontent and strong disapproval of his predecessor. His approval ratings remain high even as he proposes a dramatic new approach to the role of government that has many doubters. Surveys find that Americans think the president’s plan to rescue the nation’s troubled economy will work, yet many are fearful of key provisions. Indeed, the polls find the president more personally popular than his programs. Further, a wide partisan gap exists in attitudes toward the nation’s new leader.

The new president described above is, of course, Barack Obama — but, to a startling degree, it is also Ronald Reagan. A close look at Gallup’s polling of reactions to Reagan’s first few months in office provides striking parallels with what Pew Research Center polls now find about opinions of Mr. Obama. And a consideration of the Reagan experience may well give some clues as to what lies ahead for the 44th president.

The public’s bottom lines on Presidents Reagan and Obama early in their presidencies have so far been quite comparable: 60 percent and 59 percent of the public approved of the new presidents in mid-March, respectively. (Going into April, the lines diverge as a sympathetic public response to the March 31 attempt on Reagan’s life boosted his numbers, at least for short period.)

The parallels in the two presidents’ ratings go beyond overall results. Both were extremely popular among members of their own party, but each set off alarm bells among the opposition. Some 87 percent of Republicans approved of Reagan, while 88 percent of Democrats approve of Barack Obama. But both presidents evoked less positive opinion from the opposition than had their predecessor. Only 41 percent of Democrats approved of Reagan whereas 56 percent of Republicans had approved of Jimmy Carter in March 1977. President Obama scores only a 27 percent rating among Republicans, significantly lower than George W. Bush’s 36 percent approval score among Democrats in March 2001.

No small part of the polarized reaction to both new presidents is that each made proposals that went to the core precepts about government held by the two political parties. Reagan’s expressed desire to shrink government was as much an anathema to Democrats as Mr. Obama’s proposals to increase the size and influence of government are to Republicans. In May 1981, half of Democrats believed that Reagan’s budget cuts were too large, compared with just 15 percent of Republicans. These reactions are very similar to those evoked by any number of Obama administration proposals. For example, in March 81 percent of Democrats favored the stimulus package, while 67 percent of Republicans opposed it. And while an overwhelming majority of Republicans — 70 percent — said that Mr. Obama had proposed too much spending to address the economic situation, just 17 percent of Democrats agreed.

I hope Obama's not like Ronald Reagan. I rather not have another piss poor President in office for 8 years after the job Bush did.

So glad the Right continues to care more about Obama's poll numbers than the condition of this country. If only the real issues got this much attention outside of partisan attacks and soundbytes.

Conservatives are able to address more than one thing at a time.

Unlkike your hero...Obama.....he can only do one thing at a time

Conservatives are able to address more than one thing at a time.

Unlkike your hero...Obama.....he can only do one thing at a time

That's right hack, paint with that wide brush of yours. Obama's not my hero. My problem with him is he's acting too much like Bush and has been. If I wanted to see a Republican in office who seems to be confused and supports Democrat positions at times, I would of supported McCain. I supported the supposedly Liberal candidate but he has been anything but.

So where is the GOP's grand new ideas? What are they bringing to the table? Just saying no to every plan of the Dems is not bringing anything to the table by the way.

All I hear out of the right on HC Reform is Tort Reform and Tax Credits. Tax Credits won't do shit because the HC companies will just jack up their rates. Tort Reform just helps big business and is not the holy grail. So what's the plan?

It is the condition of this country, the President's progress and a overwhelming majority in Congress that is effecting his poll numbers.

Forum List

Back