Barack Obama record of accomplishments! Congress

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
During the current congress Barack Obama as missed 290 votes or 45% of the vote total (congressional record). Oh yes, why? well he has spent his time running for president the last two years. Barack Obama was elected to the US Senate in 2004 and took office in Jan 2005 and announced his run for office in Feb. 2007. So not much time to gather that massive amount of experience that is so touted by those wonderfully produced videos. Has voted with his own party 96.9% of the time on ALL bills (congressional record, washington post) So much for that "I have a record of reaching across party lines" thing. Chaired the Foreign Relations commttie for Europe in the Senate 8 months (congressional record). That must be where be amassed his wealth of foreign policy knowledge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/fin_dis/2007/o000167.pdf

Little financial disclosure statement for you to take a peek at in case your interested in the advance the common man got for his book.

I short, if you really take a look at this man's credentials, he has none that someone like Steven Spielberg , and his many buddies cannot put together and make all the uninformed masses go nuts over.

Here is a man in 2002 Chicago anti-war rally likes to proclaim he was not for going into Iraq. Well A. We were not in Iraq in 2002 other than supporting No fly zones under UN mandate and B. You were not a US Senator and DID not vote to authorize the way anyway, however, most of your party gives you credit for it anyway. It goes to show you what a little packaging can do.

Democrats, wake up and study your candidate, and stop watching the movie of your candidate, the real guy is so hallow you can see through him. Is this really the guy you want to mend the country when he doesnt even have a history in his background of even doing that??

During the current congress Barack Obama as missed 290 votes or 45% of the vote total (congressional record). Oh yes, why? well he has spent his time running for president the last two years. Barack Obama was elected to the US Senate in 2004 and took office in Jan 2005 and announced his run for office in Feb. 2007. So not much time to gather that massive amount of experience that is so touted by those wonderfully produced videos. Has voted with his own party 96.9% of the time on ALL bills (congressional record, washington post) So much for that "I have a record of reaching across party lines" thing. Chaired the Foreign Relations commttie for Europe in the Senate 8 months (congressional record). That must be where be amassed his wealth of foreign policy knowledge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/fin_dis/2007/o000167.pdf

Little financial disclosure statement for you to take a peek at in case your interested in the advance the common man got for his book.

I short, if you really take a look at this man's credentials, he has none that someone like Steven Spielberg , and his many buddies cannot put together and make all the uninformed masses go nuts over.

Here is a man in 2002 Chicago anti-war rally likes to proclaim he was not for going into Iraq. Well A. We were not in Iraq in 2002 other than supporting No fly zones under UN mandate and B. You were not a US Senator and DID not vote to authorize the way anyway, however, most of your party gives you credit for it anyway. It goes to show you what a little packaging can do.

Democrats, wake up and study your candidate, and stop watching the movie of your candidate, the real guy is so hallow you can see through him. Is this really the guy you want to mend the country when he doesnt even have a history in his background of even doing that??

False.

He's doing better than McCain ....

John McCain has missed 407 votes (63.8%) during the current Congress.

John McCain | Congress votes database | washingtonpost.com

Senator Obama didn't vote against going to war with Iraq?

I thought that's what he was beating Senator Clinton over the head with to win the primary.

That he voted against the war and she voted for it.

I thought that's what he was beating Senator Clinton over the head with to win the primary.

He wasn't around to vote against it, but he sure spoke out against it. It's one of the reasons I dislike him greatly. When the top advisors tell you Iraq is an imminent threat and you do nothing, you're not protecting this country. Yes, those advisors misinformed, but Obama did not know that. If he did, it would have been nice if he told us.

Correction John McCain missed 733 (18%) of 4099 votes since Feb 4, 1993. (congressional record) So I think that makes him just a wee bit more responsible than Obama. and wrong again on the voting percentage,John McCain record is 88.3 percent of the time voting republican and 71.4% since 1993 (congressional record). So wrong on both counts there, perhaps when you say who reaches across party lines more, would that be dare I say it John McCain? McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Fiengold, the list goes on and on and on. So when you say he votes with Bush 90% of the time do yourself a favor and stay off the produced, packaged, Web Sites that feed you crap and make you end up voting for someone with no qualifications

This?

Tell me, on one hand, people bitch about all the times McCain missed votes in the senate. But, on the other hand, he votes for Bush 90% of the time. Maybe he uses his ability to not show up for Senate like Obama used his "Present" votes in the state senate. Who knows, but you can't have it both ways. Either he's with Bush, or he doesn't vote enough. Make a decision.

Has McCain given any indication that this the case?

Obama voted "present" about 3% of the time in the Illinois senate to "sidestep" the issue ...

Are you telling me you think McCain purposely didn't vote almost 65% of the time to "sidestep" issues?

This?

Has McCain given any indication that this the case?

Obama voted "present" about 3% of the time in the Illinois senate to "sidestep" the issue ...

Are you telling me you think McCain purposely didn't vote almost 65% of the time to "sidestep" issues?

No, McCain's missed a lot of votes this past year for the same reason Obama has.

Correction John McCain missed 733 (18%) of 4099 votes since Feb 4, 1993. (congressional record) So I think that makes him just a wee bit more responsible than Obama. and wrong again on the voting percentage,John McCain record is 88.3 percent of the time voting republican and 71.4% since 1993 (congressional record). So wrong on both counts there, perhaps when you say who reaches across party lines more, would that be dare I say it John McCain? McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Fiengold, the list goes on and on and on. So when you say he votes with Bush 90% of the time do yourself a favor and stay off the produced, packaged, Web Sites that feed you crap and make you end up voting for someone with no qualifications

Funny that you have to include everything from 1993 on to fudge things ... how about from 2001 on ... when Bush was in office ...

In the time since Obama has been in the senate John McCain has missed many more votes than has Obama ...

Last edited:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I just laugh every time someone bitches about McCain's voting with Bush "90% of the time" and then in the same breath "missing 60% of the votes." One contradicts the other.

So I guess the slogan can be:

John McCain, he votes with Bush or not at all!

Perhaps I was not clear enough well so be it, as it wont change your mind anyway. but here we go again. John McCain voted with the Republican Party in THIS SESSION 88.3% of the time. thats a little less than your man Obama. Further from 2001 to present John McCain has voted Republican 81.1% of the time to help you out some (congressional record). Hardly an ardent Bush supporter, however, if you read the Daily-Kos, watch MSNBC, or any number of the misinformation outlets that are out there I can see where you might get your talking point from. As for missing votes during the election cycle, thats NOT the point im making here. I will give you the raw numbers to satisfy your need to know which i'm sure wont disuade you one bit. John McCain has missed 407 votes in the current congress , so as you can see the majority of his votes missed in his long career are in this congress while running for congress. The point though is this.

Barack Obama was elected in 2004 and took office in 2005 and announced his run in 2007 . So his Senatoral experience was two years before he began to run for office which I fault neither candidate for missing votes while running, but I do say this. to claim the US Senate as one of your strengths and run on that record with such a narrow record you would almost have to take his overall missed votes into his career as a Senator because he has not been there long enough to amass any record at all. His record also flys in the face of his statement of reaching across party lines, and working with Republicans when in fact John McCains record is much more accomplished in that area than his.

He didn't vote against it. he had published his position papers and that had the statements about where he was on the war.

Clinton was in the Senate and had to make a decision that was filled with misinformation and outright untruth about WMD's. Those who voted to send troops had no idea what was really going on in Iraq.

By the time all the evidence came out we were already committed to the fiasco. It was to late.

He didn't vote against it. he had published his position papers and that had the statements about where he was on the war.

Clinton was in the Senate and had to make a decision that was filled with misinformation and outright untruth about WMD's. Those who voted to send troops had no idea what was really going on in Iraq.

By the time all the evidence came out we were already committed to the fiasco. It was to late.

Now who was responsible for the facts not being right about Iraq?

Now who was responsible for the facts not being right about Iraq?

Bush and Cheney were.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,416921,00.html

LONDON — Britain's Information Commissioner ruled Thursday that the government must publish memos and e-mails related to a 2002 intelligence dossier on Iraq's supposed weapons of mass destruction.

Richard Thomas said written comments made by officials on early drafts of the Joint Intelligence Committee document should be disclosed.

Campaigners allege that the dossier's central claim — that Iraq could deploy weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes — was inserted into a final draft on the advice of press advisers seeking to bolster the content of the document, rather than by intelligence staff.

They hope the e-mails and memos ordered released under freedom of information laws will reveal the extent to which the dossier was redrafted.

The 45-minute allegation was crucial to ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair's push to back the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, but was later discredited.

Blair presented a final draft of the dossier, called "Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction," to parliament on Sept. 24, 2002.

Government weapons scientist David Kelly killed himself in 2003 after he was exposed as the source of a British Broadcasting Corp. report that accused Blair's Downing Street office of "sexing up" intelligence to make a stronger case for war.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back