Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Religion...

Nov 29, 2010
So Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, and Religion...

What do you think they truly believe? Barack isn't remotely Moslem in any way. I have good Moslem friends, so it wouldn't be a problem to me if he were, but he's not.

Obama wasn't raised with religion and became Christian later in life. I think he became religious, in part, to fit in.

Romney I think does everything for expediency. He attempts to be a chameleon. He was born a Mormon and talks a good game, but I have friends that are Mormon. Romney doesn't come across a true believer either.

My sense is that both are agnostic. I only ask because there's a sort of religious test in America. It's absurd to me, but I don't think a person could be elected if they admitted they were agnostic. A Catholic had a hard enough time winning.

Just curious what you folks think. It shouldn't be important, but since it is, figured I'd bring up the question.

Your 'thoughts' and a dime are worth exactly 10 cents. Who gives a shit what religion Obama is? Or Romney? It's not my business whether they believe in God or not. It is between them and their God.

Oh, and it has jack shit to do with 'politics' either.

Unfortunately, it can decide elections. I couldn't care less either. But, then I don't care if Bill Clinton was getting a blowjob in the White House. I certainly don't care that Kennedy was Catholic or that Romney is Mormon. Voters in this country base their decisions on strange things whether you and I like it or not.

For instance, there's endless chatter about how Barack is secretly a Moslem, which is ludicrous or that Romney being Mormon will prevent him from getting the GOP nomination. I'm for separation of church and state with no gray area, but not everyone thinks like me. and not everyone thinks like you.

My concern is with how perception effects results. That's all.

Unfortunately, it can decide elections. I couldn't care less either. But, then I don't care if Bill Clinton was getting a blowjob in the White House. I certainly don't care that Kennedy was Catholic or that Romney is Mormon. Voters in this country base their decisions on strange things whether you and I like it or not.

For instance, there's endless chatter about how Barack is secretly a Moslem, which is ludicrous or that Romney being Mormon will prevent him from getting the GOP nomination. I'm for separation of church and state with no gray area, but not everyone thinks like me. and not everyone thinks like you.

The only people who 'think' like you are other idiots. In the US, we have freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

The only people who 'think' like you are other idiots. In the US, we have freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

You're a fool if you think no one cares. I personally couldn't care less. Christian Conservatives want like-minded people as their leaders. It's almost a litmus test. I don't think the GOP has ever had a candidate for President that wasn't a WASP Male. Not one.

Who has claimed Romney belongs to a religion that Romney says he does not?

No one that I'm aware of. I just know other Mormons and he doesn't seem like a believer to me. Again, I don't care. In fact, personally, I'd probably like him more.

He was pro-choice before he decided to run for President and he believes in evolution. Strikes one and two if you want to be the GOP nominee...

Who has claimed Romney belongs to a religion that Romney says he does not?

No one that I'm aware of. I just know other Mormons and he doesn't seem like a believer to me. Again, I don't care. In fact, personally, I'd probably like him more.

He was pro-choice before he decided to run for President and he believes in evolution. Strikes one and two if you want to be the GOP nominee...

Not a believer? Back that up. Do you follow him around all day?

Obama did not go to church in Washington until the poll came out about questions regarding what his faith really was.

He acted like a Christian before he was elected President and only left Rev Wright's church under duress.

What's your point?

What do you think they truly believe? Barack isn't remotely Moslem in any way. I have good Moslem friends, so it wouldn't be a problem to me if he were, but he's not.

Obama wasn't raised with religion and became Christian later in life. I think he became religious, in part, to fit in.

Romney I think does everything for expediency. He attempts to be a chameleon. He was born a Mormon and talks a good game, but I have friends that are Mormon. Romney doesn't come across a true believer either.

My sense is that both are agnostic. I only ask because there's a sort of religious test in America. It's absurd to me, but I don't think a person could be elected if they admitted they were agnostic. A Catholic had a hard enough time winning.

Just curious what you folks think. It shouldn't be important, but since it is, figured I'd bring up the question.

jack.gif

I don't think either one is especially religious. Both used their religions for political reasons given a choice of going to Church or watching the game

Both would watch the game

You're a fool if you think no one cares. I personally couldn't care less. Christian Conservatives want like-minded people as their leaders. It's almost a litmus test. I don't think the GOP has ever had a candidate for President that wasn't a WASP Male. Not one.

Which, of course, is why Romney was beating McCain in support from Christian conservatives during the primary back in 08

Wow....I agree with you.

Forum List

Back