Barack Obama is the foreign policy realist.

Obamas lack of foreign policy experience is one of the issues I'm most concerned about when deciding who to vote for. Early in the primaries he made some comments that seemed a bit out of sync with a politician who had a firm grasp on how to deal with issues regarding Middle East countries.

That's why the running mate he picks is, at least to me, important. I think he's certainally capable of making the right decision if he has the right advisors surrounding him. The V.P. will be an important part of the puzzle. IMO.

I don't consider him to be a hawk on foreign policy yet. I think there is a bit of a learning curve in that aspect before he becomes what could be considerd a hawk.

With McCain I get the impression he's more of what we saw with Bush and the "shoot first, ask questions later" policy.

When American's are attacked our government better damn well shoot first and ask questions later !!!! And I ain't talknig about bombing asprin factories either.

When American's are attacked our government better damn well shoot first and ask questions later !!!! And I ain't talknig about bombing asprin factories either.

I guess I should have explained my point of view a bit better where McCain was concerned. What I meant was we need to assess the situations more thoroughly and put more emphasis on diplomacy before holding a gun to foreign government leaders heads to make them understand our point of view.

We have paid a huge price for over-agressive foreign policy. IMO.

Hogwash. The price we've paid comes about when we don't follow through and meet our objective.

I guess I should have explained my point of view a bit better where McCain was concerned. What I meant was we need to assess the situations more thoroughly and put more emphasis on diplomacy before holding a gun to foreign government leaders heads to make them understand our point of view.

We have paid a huge price for over-agressive foreign policy. IMO.

How many YEARS of diplomacy do you feel is appropriate when dealing with someone who doesn't give a damn what you say ? How many UN resolutions need to be ignored ? How many civilians need to be gassed ?

How many YEARS of diplomacy do you feel is appropriate when dealing with someone who doesn't give a damn what you say ? How many UN resolutions need to be ignored ? How many civilians need to be gassed ?

I take it you are referring to Iraq. If we were going to do something about the people who were gassed in 1988 it seems we used that as more an excuse than a reason to invade Iraq. We were more than happy to look the other way when that event took place.

We invaded Iraq for all the wrong reason as far as I'm concerned.

I take it you are referring to Iraq. If we were going to do something about the people who were gassed in 1988 it seems we used that as more an excuse than a reason to invade Iraq. We were more than happy to look the other way when that event took place.

We invaded Iraq for all the wrong reason as far as I'm concerned.

And we continue to ignore civilian massacre in Georgia ?

We will never know what would have happened had we NOT invaded Iraq now will we ? As far as I'm concerned we had plenty enough reason, even WITHOUT talking about WMDs and it's gonig down as a big plus in my history book.

We will never know what would have happened had we NOT invaded Iraq now will we ? As far as I'm concerned we had plenty enough reason, even WITHOUT talking about WMDs and it's gonig down as a big plus in my history book.

Well, using that logic why aren't we sending troops into Darfur? I think as a nation we need to step back from policing the world and concentrate our resouces in regions that are to me a real threat to our national security like Afganistan and the border region of Pakistan, as well as our southern border with Mexico. I don't feel we should be doing most of the saber rattling where Iran is concerned either. Unless they have a missle system that allows them to hit the continental U.S. I think there is still time to avoid an armed confronation on that front.

We don't really know exactly what took place in Georgia yet as to who to point the finger at, but it's a regional conflict that we shouldn't get involved in other than humanitarian aid at this point.

Well, using that logic why aren't we sending troops into Darfur? I think as a nation we need to step back from policing the world and concentrate our resouces in regions that are to me a real threat to our national security like Afganistan and the border region of Pakistan, as well as our southern border with Mexico. I don't feel we should be doing most of the saber rattling where Iran is concerned either. Unless they have a missle system that allows them to hit the continental U.S. I think there is still time to avoid an armed confronation on that front.

We don't really know exactly what took place in Georgia yet as to who to point the finger at, but it's a regional conflict that we shouldn't get involved in other than humanitarian aid at this point.

I have no idea why we aren't in Dafur but you can be sure it's for economic reasons.
With America going global we had better be up to the task of balancing out power struggles or we will be on our asses. We CAN'T just sit here on our lily pad anymore. If you know of anyone else who can look out for the West's interests, give them a ring.

its funy how the obama nation has all these great things to say about him, when nobody knows anything about him. change? thats all we know about this guy. its an embarrasment a man with zero experience and who is so far left has made it this far in the election, and it scares me as an american.

Keep lying....

There's no oil in Georgia.

It depends on what you mean by support. If you go to a church that teaches KKK principles from the pulpit, you're a racist. If you go to a church whose members belong to the KKK but you don't know it, then you're not.

depends on support? if the kkk were mentioned in any candidates associations they would be instantly disqualified. so is it socially ok for a black man to be racist?

No one can refute the fact that McCain's vision for America's foreign policy is naive.

I'm a Democrat & I'll vote for Obama because he is the Democratic candidate. However, his vision for foreign policy is just as naive as McCain's - just in different ways.

Unfortunately, it seems as though you don't understand black liberation theology.

i've read many passages from black liberation theology and it is just as racist as the kkk. if you really want i can dig up a couple verses for you. again i say it, its socially ok for a black man to be racist and you guys will be voting for one.

There's no oil in Georgia.

Really no oil....

Russian fighter jets targeted the the major Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline which carries oil to the West from Asia but missed, Georgia's Economic Development Minister Ekaterina Sharashidze said on Saturday.

"This clearly shows that Russia has not just targeted Georgian economic outlets but international economic outlets in Georgia," she said at a news briefing.

There have been no independent verifications of Russian jets targeting the BTC pipeline. (Reporting by Margarita Antidze, writing by James Kilner, editing by Jon Boyle)
Reuters AlertNet - Russian jets targeted major oil pipeline-Georgia

New Topics

Forum List

Back