CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

I open this discussion with if you think President Obama is not the greatest president of modern times you have to name the president and what he accomplished that is better than Obama

How would you define "greatest president"? I think this is a hard task.

For worst president it's easier. Bush W will go down as one of the worst post WW2 presidents.

I open this discussion with if you think President Obama is not the greatest president of modern times you have to name the president and what he accomplished that is better than Obama

How would you define "greatest president"? I think this is a hard task.

For worst president it's easier. Bush W will go down as one of the worst post WW2 presidents.

Not even close...obama beat him by miles.....

You can't judge a presidency until years after it's over.

Further, no two presidencies are operating under the same conditions, so there can be no consistent standard by which to judge them.

As a result, most "Best/Worst President Ever" conversations are little more than transparent, predictable, partisan mud-flinging.

Just pointing out the obvious here.

I do not get to pick the plan and coverage I want. I get to pick from what "big brother" says is "good for me". Gee, where have we seen this before?
Only if "big brother" is the insurance companies.
And who, pray tell, is telling the insurance companies what they must and cannot do? Market forces? I think not, It's the ACA, AKA the government, AKA big brother.

I suppose so, considering the competition in this, he was certainly better than Bill Clinton, not to mention the others.

But he failed on a lot of things, mainly by not doing anything or enough, ignored national security except at the last minute, and left Peltier in jail.

And his average approval rating...is less than Nixon and bill clinton.....one resigned to keep from being impeached, the other actually was impeached.....

Obama Had A Lower Average Approval Rating Than NIXON

President Barack Obama had a lower average approval rating than a president who resigned and another who was impeached, according to Gallup.

Gallup published Jan. 20 that Obama’s average approval rating was 47.9 percent. When compared to post-World War II presidents, Obama ranks ninth out of 12, according to CNS News.

Both Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton ranked higher than Obama. Nixon famously resigned after the Watergate scandal. Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives for perjury, but later acquitted by the Senate.

John F. Kennedy takes the top spot at 70.1 percent. He’s followed by Dwight Eisenhower, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Lyndon Johnson, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Richard Nixon.

More evidence of Former President Obama's "greatness".
Obama leaves Democratic party a skeleton of its former self - BBC News
From the article:
"Democrats have lost Congress. They've been decimated in state legislatures. Their hoped-for liberal majority on the Supreme Court was blocked by intransigent Senate Republicans. And now the presidency is gone, as well."
"They need to devise a strategy to win back Congress, complicated by the fact they have to defend 10 Senate seats in states that Donald Trump won in the 2018 mid-term congressional elections."
"At the moment, the Democratic Party is a skeleton of its former self. Until they put some meat on its bones, memories of the 2008 hope that Obama ushered in - that they were a party of destiny - will seem to liberals like a cruel joke."
Some leadership. Wow, just wow. If we could only have more of that!!!!:udaman:

Forum List

Back