Barack Obama a liberal fascist?

braveneworld

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was just on the internet and I saw an article on Barack Obama being a liberal fascist.

I found it quite striking - the notion of a liberal fascist seemed quite oxymoronic, but I'm not a great fan of Obama and this kind of makes sense.

What do you think?

It's on the New York Daily Sun (.com) if you're interested.

Well no it doesn't.

Fascist is oligarchical governance.

Obama has put several Republicans in his own cabinet.

The best a Republican President musters is one..and generally in an inconsequential role.

Well no it doesn't.

Fascist is oligarchical governance.

Obama has put several Republicans in his own cabinet.

The best a Republican President musters is one..and generally in an inconsequential role.

I don't know. I see many similarities here.

Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism. Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that seeks the mass mobilization of the national community through discipline, indoctrination, and physical training. Fascism utilizes a vanguard party to initiate a revolution to organize the nation upon fascist principles. Fascism views direct action including political violence and war, as a means to achieve national rejuvenation, spirit and vitality.

Fascism recognizes the occurrence of class conflict, and advocates a resolution to end the division of classes within a nation and secure national solidarity. However fascism publicly favours proletarian culture while it rejects bourgeois culture, due to its association of proletarian culture with economic production and claims that proletarians as producers must have a dominant role in the nation. It claims that cultural nationalization of society is necessary to emancipate the nation's proletariat, and promotes the assimilation of all classes into a proletarian national culture and claims that cultural nationalization of society emancipates the nation's proletariat, and promotes the assimilation of all classes into a proletarian nation.

Fascism advocates a state-controlled and regulated mixed economy; the principal economic goal of fascism is to achieve autarky to secure national self-sufficiency and independence, through protectionist and interventionist economic policies. It promotes regulated private enterprise and private property contingent whenever beneficial to the nation and state enterprise and state property whenever necessary to protect its interests.

Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi everyone,

I was just on the internet and I saw an article on Barack Obama being a liberal fascist.

I found it quite striking - the notion of a liberal fascist seemed quite oxymoronic, but I'm not a great fan of Obama and this kind of makes sense.

What do you think?

'Liberal' is a modern euphemism for progressive totalitarian.

They are all just slight variations of a theme.

hi everyone,

i was just on the internet and i saw an article on barack obama being a liberal fascist.

I found it quite striking - the notion of a liberal fascist seemed quite oxymoronic, but i'm not a great fan of obama and this kind of makes sense.

What do you think?

It's on the new york daily sun (.com) if you're interested.

'liberal' is a modern euphemism for progressive totalitarian.

They are all just slight variations of a theme.

Troll!

Hi everyone,

What do you think?

Liberal Fascist is a contradiction. (if you understand political science terms and concepts)

You're an idiot.

Economically, yes. He's quite fascist, but I see his takeover of GM, his practically making the CEO of GE a Cabinet position and over regulation of everything else, a means to his ultimate end, namely "transforming America as we know it.
Take Health Care, for instance. ACA has regulated private insurance and health care providers into scapegoats. He knows that he can make them out to be the villains when costs continue to rise, likely exponentially once obamacare is fully implemented.
He'll say something like, "We tried, but the insurance companies are only out to hurt the chirun and we have no choice but to nationalize health care."

Modern Liberalism is the new home of totalitarianism. The USA still has an armed populace who oppose this, so they have to tread slowly -- and carefully

Economically, yes. He's quite fascist, but I see his takeover of GM, his practically making the CEO of GE a Cabinet position and over regulation of everything else, a means to his ultimate end, namely "transforming America as we know it.

No one took over GM.

You need to get better informed and better educated, then check back with us.

Thanks.

I don't know. I see many similarities here.

Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism. Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that seeks the mass mobilization of the national community through discipline, indoctrination, and physical training. Fascism utilizes a vanguard party to initiate a revolution to organize the nation upon fascist principles. Fascism views direct action including political violence and war, as a means to achieve national rejuvenation, spirit and vitality.
Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can't imagine even Jillian accomplishing this.

Modern Liberalism is the new home of totalitarianism.

Two concepts located at opposite positions on a political spectrum.

Thanks again for proving you're an idiot.

Dismissed.
He said MODERN liberalism (which is virulently collectivist authoritarian in nature), not classical liberalism.

For someone who claims to know his poly-sci terms, you sure don't know jack schitt.

For the first time in our nations history, the government is forcing every citizen to purchase something on the day they are born...and continue to purchase it annually until the day they die. (for better or worse, but that is not the debate in this thread)

For the first time in our nations history, the government is forcing all companies of a certain industry to sell a service, even if they do not want to. (for better or worse, but that is not the debate in this thread)

Call it what you want.

But a lot has changed as it pertains to our government and its involvement in our personal and business lives since Obama took office.

Hi everyone,

What do you think?

What we think of today as liberalism grew from the progressive movement. The same is true of fascism. Before WWII, fascism was thought of as an offshoot of the progressive movement and had many left wing followers. The really ugly tactics we associate with fascism after WWII, such as genocide and bigotry, were really more about the Nazi influence in Mussolini's Italy. So, while we think of fascism today as pretty much any bad, overreaching government, the original movement is cut from the same bolt as liberalism. One need look no further than our own Woodrow Wilson for overwhelming evidence of a progressive with what we'd call liberal and fascist elements. It is therefore not a stretch at all, nor is it an oxymoron, to refer to liberal fascism. They were both born from the progressive movement.

Is President Obama a 'liberal fascist'? Don't know, don't really care. He's clearly an advocate of increased central planning through a larger, more powerful federal government. Call him whatever you like, it's heading in the wrong direction, IMO.

fascism-politics-congress-obama-president-fascist-marxist-ta-demotivational-poster-1239517132.jpg

No. It's just another take on Goldbergs book, Liberal Fascism, which has been totally debunked as junk.

"Goldberg's reasoning has progressed from unconvincing to incoherent. Modern liberalism, he argues, is linked to Nazism because both contain a cult of the organic (Hitler was a vegetarian) and both embrace sexual freedom (Himmler ordered his men "to father as many children as possible without marrying" in order to achieve the Aryan ideal). Eventually, Goldberg backs himself into asserting, in effect, that any government that does more than prevent abortions and provide for the common defense is inherently fascist. Granted, he gives a wide berth to the common defense. In a token criticism of President George W. Bush, Goldberg cites as evidence of fascist influence not the de facto suspension of habeas corpus and refusal to follow the Geneva Conventions, which go unmentioned, but rather Bush's extension of Medicare to cover prescription drugs.

So, what's more fascist, liberalism or conservatism? It's a moronic question. The United States is not, nor has ever been, anything close to a fascist country.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books/2008/01/am_i_a_fascist.single.html

Last edited:
No. It's just another take on Goldbergs book, Liberal Fascism, which has been totally debunk as junk.

Right...because some liberal blogger says so.

Of course, the Washington Times called the book "a major contribution to understanding the history of political ideas and attitudes over the last two centuries..."

But hey, I'm sure YOU know best...:doubt:

Forum List

Back