Barack Obama - A Horse of a Different Color

already criticizing him and he hasnt taken office. Also, your comment about not enough blacks sure sounds like the good ol "crabs in a bucket" theory thats been killing black people for decades. How about you relax abit and let him get into office before you start passing judgement, Fox News can take care of that for you

Did you wait until Bush took office before you started criticizing him? .. I didn't. I saw the obvious and offered my opinion, no differently than I'm doing now.

I like and respect you and your thoughts, but I don't believe that waiting to state the obvious is in the best interests of this country. I don't believe that I should wait until I see dead people before I speak to the idiocy of his war plans.

Not sure what history you're looking at, but blacks demanding a place at the table is exactly what put Obama in office. If you think demanding that rightful place is "what has been killing black people for decades", then you've missed the lessons of our history my brother.

I don't watch Fox News, couldn't care less what they report .. but I do care about the direction of this country, and I do care about the lives that will be destroyed if Obama marches America off to further needless war.

If the DEMS had wanted something truly different, something truly liberal, they'd have nominated Dennis Kucinich who has consistently nailed the problems and call both parties on their bullshit, too.

(Anyone hear him talking about what a mess the "FIX" is on C-SPAN? He's sounded like I was his speech writer to be honest)

The DNC insiders went for Obama, because he is obviously a go along to get along player in the Clintonian tradition.

My primary hope for change from Obama is on the domestic front, not the international one.

Obama long ago told the American people that he was going to withdrawl from Iraq rationally and not immediately. He's been saying that all along contrary to what this boards conservative nitwits kept telling us.

Obama told the people that he was going to continue going after Osama Bin Ladin, too and actually sounded more hawkish that Bush ever has!

He swore he would continue to be Israel's ally, too, and that did not surprise me, either.

BUT, he did make a whole lotta noise about helping the middle class.

Now if he fails to do something about that problem, then his administration will fail and come 2012? He'll be looking for another job.

Can he turn around the FREE TRADE madness that is the root cause of most of these other economic problems we have?

I rather doubt it.

the people who really control this nation (and this nation's Congress) are making out like bandits while they're bankupting this nation by sucking the cash offshore.

But he can try to do soemmthing about that, and if he fails to even try, then we who are really paying attention are going to see that those were nothing but empty promises.

Of course the middle class who might not really understand how or why this nation is collapsing economically. They may not know why their lives aren't improving, but they'll know for sure they're not.

I still don't regret voting for Obama.

But if anyone thought that he was an outsider?

Well... come on now...think about it.

Do any of you think that the vetting process to keep radicals out of power starts at the presidential level?

Let's be real here, shall we?

If the DEMS had wanted something truly different, something truly liberal, they'd have nominated Dennis Kucinich who has consistently nailed the problems and call both parties on their bullshit, too.

(Anyone hear him talking about what a mess the "FIX" is on C-SPAN? He's sounded like I was his speech writer to be honest)

The DNC insiders went for Obama, because he is obviously a go along to get along player in the Clintonian tradition.

My primary hope for change from Obama is on the domestic front, not the international one.

Obama long ago told the American people that he was going to withdrawl from Iraq rationally and not immediately. He's been saying that all along contrary to what this boards conservative nitwits kept telling us.

Obama told the people that he was going to continue going after Osama Bin Ladin, too and actually sounded more hawkish that Bush ever has!

He swore he would continue to be Israel's ally, too, and that did not surprise me, either.

BUT, he did make a whole lotta noise about helping the middle class.

Now if he fails to do something about that problem, then his administration will fail and come 2012? He'll be looking for another job.

Can he turn around the FREE TRADE madness that is the root cause of most of these other economic problems we have?

I rather doubt it.

the people who really control this nation (and this nation's Congress) are making out like bandits while they're bankupting this nation by sucking the cash offshore.

But he can try to do soemmthing about that, and if he fails to even try, then we who are really paying attention are going to see that those were nothing but empty promises.

Of course the middle class who might not really understand how or why this nation is collapsing economically. They may not know why their lives aren't improving, but they'll know for sure they're not.

I still don't regret voting for Obama.

But if anyone thought that he was an outsider?

Well... come on now...think about it.

Do any of you think that the vetting process to keep radicals out of power starts at the presidential level?

Let's be real here, shall we?

I agree with much of what you say, but we differ in what we think most important. There are no quick fixes for what ails us domestically and there is no political will on either side of the aisle to take on where capitialism fails in the areas you spoke of. Americans have little recognition of those who "really run this nation", thus little recognition of what a real fix would even look like. America is in for a well-deserved bumpy ride economically and Obama could possibly soothe some pain .. maybe, but a "fix" ain't happening anytime soon.

From my perspective, Obama could make his greatest impact internationally, which, in my opinion, impacts us domestically. The American economy is dependent on the rest of the world and dependent on how we are percieved by the world. He has tremendous opportunity to make that impact with an anxious world that greets him with open arms .. but it is here that I think will be his greatest failing.

During the primaries Obama said he wanted to bring US troops home from Iraq by the end of 2008 and he nuanced the impression that he looked more to soft power than military power. He also said he wanted to end the "mindset that took us to Iraq." His position morphed dependent on what crowd he was speaking to and what time of the political season it was. Point is some of us were paying attention .. and when he started to nuance his way towards war, some of us got off the boat.

Last edited:
Not that it makes blacks hate whites any less, but...

Rahm Emanuel and Lawrence Summers aren't white.

They're JEWS.

J-E-W-S Jews. Hebrews. The tribe. The Inner Party. The chosen people. The new master race.

You get the picture.

Not whites.

In fact, they HATE whites.

Just for the record.

Your records been broken for sometime, amigo.

It keep on playing the same sorry lyrics over and over again.

Not that it makes blacks hate whites any less, but...

Rahm Emanuel and Lawrence Summers aren't white.

They're JEWS.

J-E-W-S Jews. Hebrews. The tribe. The Inner Party. The chosen people. The new master race.

You get the picture.

Not whites.

In fact, they HATE whites.

Just for the record.

What an incredibly stupid post .. simply incredible.

There is no race called "Jews" .. it's a religion.

Going out on a limb here but I'm betting Jewish people don't hate white people .. and I'm betting that Jewish people consider themselves white.

What an incredibly stupid post .. simply incredible.

There is no race called "Jews" .. it's a religion.

Going out on a limb here but I'm betting Jewish people don't hate white people .. and I'm betting that Jewish people consider themselves white.

this puzzles me,, Hitler wasn't out to exterminate a religion, he was out to exterminate a race and make his ayrian race the master race

this puzzles me,, Hitler wasn't out to exterminate a religion, he was out to exterminate a race and make his ayrian race the master race

Soooo, Hitler is the standard, eh?

Inspite of what Hitler may or may not have thought, there is no race called Jews .. it's a religion. Anyone can be jewish if they adopt the religion. Just ask Sammy Davis Jr.

Last edited:
[

Not sure what history you're looking at, but blacks demanding a place at the table is exactly what put Obama in office. If you think demanding that rightful place is "what has been killing black people for decades", then you've missed the lessons of our history my brother.

I think the difference in our thinking is that "getting a seat at the table" and putting blacks in the top 4-5 positions of his cabinet, I don't believe, are the same thing. There is no doubt that the Civil Right's activists of the 60's is the ONLY reason Obama is here today, but he has about 500 other top positions that he can put blacks in and be very influential in this and future administrations. Though fact of the matter is(and Obama knows this) he can't spend a great deal of time trying to use this an office for blacks because they are only 10% of the electorate, but he can provide numerous opportunities in many other areas. Also, we don't know this, but I'd bet on the fact that Obama offered Powell Sec of Defense and Powell turned him down.

As I said before, give the man a second cause remember, he is walking into the worst possible position for an incoming President in history. He's almost got to be perfect

Obama is obviously economically ignorant. Let's hope you're right and he gets the right people to guide him in the right direction. For Bill Clinton, it was the Conservative-controlled Congress. Obama doesn't have that luxury right now.

I love how you give the Conservative controlled Congress the credit in the 90's and then very little of the blame in the 2000's. Your hypocrisy is hilarious and very transparent, just like the majority of the Cons on here(ie Sarg, Willow, Skull, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Yes, the Chief of Staff was a gerat pick.

Nothign says change and balanced like the most partisan person in the country. Someone who would do ANYTHING to advance his party and his own career.

Emmanuel is going to dig Obama's grave to advance his own career

Yes, the Chief of Staff was a gerat pick.

Nothign says change and balanced like the most partisan person in the country. Someone who would do ANYTHING to advance his party and his own career.

Another Cons who's hypocrisy is hilarious. The sad thing is you and I live near each other

No wonder my property value went down

LoL, nice try dumbass but we don't live that close cause if we did, I'd move immediately. I actually live in the Parkland/Coral Springs area where Obama dominated. You must live in the rich Boca area where we all love to make fun of since its so easy

Actually no you idiot, nice assumption though, you are off by about 60 miles.

North Miami Beach/Aventura

Also, Parkland and Coral Springs has some pretty nice areas in there as well you tard, wouldn't be so quick to throw judgement on people who live in Boca

Idiot

[

I think the difference in our thinking is that "getting a seat at the table" and putting blacks in the top 4-5 positions of his cabinet, I don't believe, are the same thing. There is no doubt that the Civil Right's activists of the 60's is the ONLY reason Obama is here today, but he has about 500 other top positions that he can put blacks in and be very influential in this and future administrations. Though fact of the matter is(and Obama knows this) he can't spend a great deal of time trying to use this an office for blacks because they are only 10% of the electorate, but he can provide numerous opportunities in many other areas. Also, we don't know this, but I'd bet on the fact that Obama offered Powell Sec of Defense and Powell turned him down.

As I said before, give the man a second cause remember, he is walking into the worst possible position for an incoming President in history. He's almost got to be perfect

No one expects Obama to put blacks in the top 4-5 positions in his cabinet, I certainly don't .. but who would argue if he put 4-5 Israeli hardliners in his cabinet? .. Would you? .. Yet, they make up a much smaller percentage of the electorate than blacks? Seriously, I'd like to hear your answer to that.

Should black voters expect or demand less from Obama than they would a white president? If Hillary had won, would it not have been proper for blacks to expect visible black appointments from her, not just somewhere among 500?

To the inevitable questions of "qualifications" .. start with John Conyers, who is as seasoned and experienced a politician as virtually anybody on the Hill and few have his credentials. He is the 2nd longest serving Member of the House and 5th longest serving among the entire Congress. He's been re-elected 20 times and never had any serious opposition. He is respected on both sides of the aisle, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and has served on several important committees and sub-committees.

Surely if Obama can find room for conservatives in his administration he can find rooms for liberals.

Colin Powell .. actually I was thinking of a black person who actually knows something about the black agenda and community.

Actually no you idiot, nice assumption though, you are off by about 60 miles.

North Miami Beach/Aventura

Also, Parkland and Coral Springs has some pretty nice areas in there as well you tard, wouldn't be so quick to throw judgement on people who live in Boca

Idiot

Wow, how badly did you misread my last response and I'm the idiot:lol:

You must of went to FSU

No one expects Obama to put blacks in the top 4-5 positions in his cabinet, I certainly don't .. but who would argue if he put 4-5 Israeli hardliners in his cabinet? .. Would you? .. Yet, they make up a much smaller percentage of the electorate than blacks? Seriously, I'd like to hear your answer to that.

Boy, thats a tough question and has all kinds of flip sides to each answer, but I'd have to say you're right. I probably wouldn't argue but then I'm not arguing for blacks, but this is politics and the sad thing is that the big amount of money that was given to the Jews as reparations after WW2 here, along with their phenominal work ethic, has put them in a much more influential position than blacks. But you're right

Should black voters expect or demand less from Obama than they would a white president? If Hillary had won, would it not have been proper for blacks to expect visible black appointments from her, not just somewhere among 500?

No they shouldn't demand less, but again I point out that this current situation has changed the game a bit. Also, Jesse Jackson's ignorant comments about Obama haven't helped either

To the inevitable questions of "qualifications" .. start with John Conyers, who is as seasoned and experienced a politician as virtually anybody on the Hill and few have his credentials. He is the 2nd longest serving Member of the House and 5th longest serving among the entire Congress. He's been re-elected 20 times and never had any serious opposition. He is respected on both sides of the aisle, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and has served on several important committees and sub-committees.

I know a great deal about him, and he's fantastic and qualified, but he's still not very known as a Congressmen and that plays a role in this also

Surely if Obama can find room for conservatives in his administration he can find rooms for liberals.

He's looking at Conservatives that help create a new look of Washington, but I don't expect he'll do much of anything that they recommend

Colin Powell .. actually I was thinking of a black person who actually knows something about the black agenda and community.

:clap2::clap2: So true, So true. I bet he'd make a spot for John Lewis until Lewis said what was true though not popular so now he can't.

One thing that he's done though that kinda pissed me off was that he didn't support any of the 3 black candidates to replace him in Illinois. He was the only Black Senator and hopefully the Governor will not listen to him

Forum List

Back