Baptist Pastors Prayed for Obama Death on Presidents Day

I think the preacher was just kidding. What do you think?

Video:
Baptist Pastors to Pray for Barack Obama's Death on Presidents Day.

Praying for Obama's Death - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

Baptist Pastors Prayed for Obama Death on Presidents Day

Preacher: 'Ask God to make his children fatherless'

While a handful of Americans might have taken a few minutes to reflect favorably on George Washington and Abe Lincoln on Presidents Day, some evangelical leaders devoted their time to praying for Barack Obama's death. The "Imprecatory Prayer" is a favorite of Arizona’s Baptist preacher Steven L. Anderson and Orange County's Wiley Drake, who told supporters in an email over the weekend that the supplication is "now your DUTY."

If "you have an evil leader above you, you pray that Satan will stand by his side and you ask God to make his children fatherless and his wife a widow and that his time in office be short," Drake told Daily Beast columnist John Avlon. Anderson has said he hopes Obama dies of brain cancer "today." To those offended by the sentiments, Wiley responds: "I’m praying the word of God. I didn’t write it. Don’t get mad at me.”

I think he committed a crime. Against both God and country.

Typical liberal anti-free speech, anti-freedom of religion bullshit.

For one thing, "The Daily Beast"?

Second of all, he is just preaching the word of God.

So how is that a "crime" against God, and how is it a "crime" against country? Precisely.

I am happy to pray that his time in office is short. As for the rest of it, that kind of goes against my Christian principles.

I note your lack of outrage!

I can only assume that had liberals prayed for the death of bush your outraged would have been.....outrageous!

instead of a mere "yawn...that kind of goes against my principles"
I have no doubt you would have waxed eloquently on how THIS IS PROOF of HOW EVIL ALL LIBERALS ARE!

The comments were made by a unknown preacher. Liberals expressed their hate-filled wishes for Bush on MSM.
Here is but one example of how sick and demented liberals are towards anyone who does hold their believes.

Showtime's 'the L word' to Feature 'Unauthorized Abortion of W' Sculpture | NewsBusters.org

Many on the left hated Bush... you have to reach all the way to Showtime to find an example of where that hatred went over the line. All we have to do is look at the closest Tea Party.

Crossing the line is way more mainstream on the right than it ever was on the left.

Forum List

Back