Banning Child Labor Led to Child Prostitution

See, this is the kind of thing you say that loses even people who are inclined to agree with you...

apartheid wasn't about "slavery", it was about human dignity and a majority people having a say in their own destiny.

Talking about "slavery" and "hitler" just diminishes the horrible reality of both of those things and misapplies the terms.

Apartheid was bad enough on its own. One doesn't need to water down terms with their own powerful meanings in order to illustrate that.

Retired Sgt calls me names and says just as inflammatory statements or worse and you don't see a problem with that?

Retired Sgt calls me names and says just as inflammatory statements or worse and you don't see a problem with that?

Didn't have anything to do with you and he insulting each other. I have particular issue with people who misuse terms like "slavery", "apartheid", "genocide", "holocaust", "hitler" and "nazi". Those things have their own horrors. Overusing the terms diminishes the reality of the actual situations.

Didn't have anything to do with you and he insulting each other. I have particular issue with people who misuse terms like "slavery", "apartheid", "genocide", "holocaust", "hitler" and "nazi". Those things have their own horrors. Overusing the terms diminishes the reality of the actual situations.

Oh I see, I misused those terms. Retired was hailing that era as America showing compassion by hiring managers and that was not what we were doing.

And all those words are important and carry weight. Nazi is a great word because when I say Nazi or Naziesque, it connotes specific imagery and emotions in everyone. We know that Nazi's were totalitarian, brutal, fascist, and evil.

To state that I or anyone else misuses them is tantamount to saying that we can never use them aside from quoting historical fact.

But history repeats itself and as the conservatives like to say...Freedom isn't free. It's not. It is constantly eroded by warmongers and leaders who seek to marginalize or eliminate it all together.

And they do this through legislation and economics. And two powerful tools they use are dis-information and propaganda. So if we want to keep America free we must point out when people start re-writing history as Retired Sgt is doing and has done on several posts throughout this board.

I will use these words to paint that picture and protect America. The political pendulum will not always swing back. One of these days the pendulum will be gone and we will be living in a closed society.

So you'll misuse words to make a point?

In other words, you misrepresent things so you can make them seem like things they are not.

In case you hadn't noticed, words have particular meanings. Using them incorrectly to create imagery that you believe the reader will respond to viscerally is really dishonest.

But ok... whatever. But I'll say again... only hitler was hiter; there was one holocaust; only slavery is slavery; only apartheid was apartheid; only lynchings were lynchings; and only genocide is genocide.

Anything else is just silliness and an effort to diminish the importance of those issues in order to aggrandize your own, which is pretty disgusting, IMO. It's nothing more than propaganda and makes you no better than the people on the other extreme.

So you'll misuse words to make a point?

In other words, you misrepresent things so you can make them seem like things they are not.

In case you hadn't noticed, words have particular meanings. Using them incorrectly to create imagery that you believe the reader will respond to viscerally is really dishonest.

But ok... whatever. But I'll say again... only hitler was hiter; there was one holocaust; only slavery is slavery; only apartheid was apartheid; only lynchings were lynchings; and only genocide is genocide.

Anything else is just silliness and an effort to diminish the importance of those issues in order to aggrandize your own, which is pretty disgusting, IMO. It's nothing more than propaganda and makes you no better than the people on the other extreme.
And you will twist words as well and that is okay?

You don't want people to use those words because YOU feel it is uncalled for, but guess what...it is still a free country.

Until Blackwater is patrolling the streets for dissenters/enemy's of the state, I will use those words as I see fit. :eusa_hand:

And you will twist words as well and that is okay?

You don't want people to use those words because YOU feel it is uncalled for, but guess what...it is still a free country.

Until Blackwater is patrolling the streets for dissenters/enemy's of the state, I will use those words as I see fit. :eusa_hand:

Nope... I don't want people to MISUSE those words because I think it's important that we actually remember the real horrors they represent.

But feel free to misuse words. And I'll feel free to disregard your posts as nothing more than hyperbole.

So tell me, you figured out where pakistan is yet?

Tao, I've known Jillian way longer than you. She is way over the top in defending Democrats, at the same time she has been very careful in injecting her opinion regarding Palestinian/Jewish troubles. While there is no doubt where her heart lies, she has been more harsh on Israel than have I, a Christian.

You on the other hand have only posted the rhetoric of the left, be it EU or America.

Tao, I've known Jillian way longer than you. She is way over the top in defending Democrats, at the same time she has been very careful in injecting her opinion regarding Palestinian/Jewish troubles. While there is no doubt where her heart lies, she has been more harsh on Israel than have I, a Christian.

You on the other hand have only posted the rhetoric of the left, be it EU or America.

Oh I see, and that automatically makes it wrong?

rgs is a demonstrated and admitted sap on the productivity of other working Americans, Pauly. I ain't that new.

Everything that RGS doesn't agree with is a Liberal idea. What are you, new?

The subject was concerning working children being forced into prostitution. Obviously many here would rather ignore the subject and go about their incessant political sniping much like rgs and others are doing. Maybe it's their own whoring for whatever masters they might envision for themselves that cause them to behave in such a way. I dunno. Whatever, it is my purpose to put these whores and otherwise warmongers in their Reichful places.

rgs is a demonstrated and admitted sap on the productivity of other working Americans, Pauly. I ain't that new.

The subject was concerning working children being forced into prostitution. Obviously many here would rather ignore the subject and go about their incessant political sniping much like rgs and others are doing. Maybe it's their own whoring for whatever masters they might envision for themselves that cause them to behave in such a way. I dunno. Whatever, it is my purpose to put these whores and otherwise warmongers in their Reichful places.

Ohh look nut job can string a couple sentences together. They do not actually say anything but hey it is an improvement over the one liners his pea brain usually spits out.

Ohh look nut job can string a couple sentences together. They do not actually say anything but hey it is an improvement over the one liners his pea brain usually spits out.

And that last statement proves that you have no logical leg to stand on. Argument over, your side lost.

Your admissions astound me, rgs.

You make no effort whatsoever to address my statement but only announce that you have just noticed I can relate a sentence or two. How telling of you.

Your admissions astound me, rgs.

You make no effort whatsoever to address my statement but only announce that you have just noticed I can relate a sentence or two. How telling of you.

RGS is a joke. Why bother with him?

Forum List

Back