Banners On Crack?

Grandma

Geezer Chick
Dec 30, 2011
Under The Sky
This is happening to me everywhere, but it's worst in my messagebox: the banner ads at the top flash like strobelights, bouncing through all the available ads in .3-second intervals.

Creepy.

My messagebox is nowhere near full, btw.

This is happening to me everywhere, but it's worst in my messagebox: the banner ads at the top flash like strobelights, bouncing through all the available ads in .3-second intervals.

Creepy.

My messagebox is nowhere near full, btw.

I Colorado they go to special little stores now and pay for bags of stuff that does the same kinda thing

Or so I've heard

It's kind of cool to watch if you're listening to the Beatles' "A Day In The Life" or some techno trance music. Just saying.

Not good for epileptics, though.

Adblock Plus is your friend. :)

But yeah, it sounds like something is messed up on your end.

AdBlock is really the way to go here. I never get any ads at all. You might want to check for malware with malwarebytes-it's free and works. Many browsers have a pop up blocker also.

I have never gotten pop ups here but I use Foxfire and Adblock so I don't get them anywhere.

I also downloaded the Heartbleed add on from Foxfire.

He shouldn't be commenting on your end. ;)

I so rarely get comments on my end anymore...

I'm using AVG and Spybot, and I have the pop-up blocker turned on. But these are the regular banner ads at the top of the page, right under the Notices thing.

Last edited:
I switched from IE to Firefox today and the strobing stopped, at least for now. It seems that IE is having compatibility issues with Adobe Flash. I hope they get it fixed, I like using IE more than Firefox.

I found an interesting trick today that might help here....

One poster (Randall Flagg) has taken on a particularly annoying gif for his avatar -- looks like Mike Tyson with his teeth yammering at a blurring speed. I right-clicked on that image, selected "Block element" under Ad Block, and the offending avatar disappeared. Everything else stayed normal, and presumably if Randall assumes a different avatar I'll see that one. Pretty handy :thup: I'd bet it'll work on that epilepsy banner too.

Ready to go use it on Mudwhistles sig line and that stupid chewing thing...

I switched from IE to Firefox today and the strobing stopped, at least for now. It seems that IE is having compatibility issues with Adobe Flash. I hope they get it fixed, I like using IE more than Firefox.

The first thing I did when I got a new computer a couple of years ago was to use IE to download Firefox.

Forum List

Back