Bank's in trouble

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
A simple heads up. Keep an eye on Washington Mutual Bank. Received an email this morning from someone in the "banking business".

/snip from email
....... it could take two weeks or more to be able to get access to any of your money. And, that's assuming that with all of these banks falling that the FDIC won't run out of money!
/end snip

Could only be rumor's - but something to watch for sure.

Last edited:
A simple heads up. Keep an eye on Washington Mutual Bank. Received an email this morning from someone in the "banking business".

/snip from email
....... it could take two weeks or more to be able to get access to any of your money. And, that's assuming that with all of these banks falling that the FDIC won't run out of money!
/end snip

It's no secret that WaMu is going down. I am surprised they have lasted this long. I think they now have precious little time left. US Federal Regulators are desperate to find a bank that will consider buying them. Thus far nobody has signaled interest, even after TPG (yesterday) dropped a provision from the most recent investment in WaMu that provides downside protection to its investment. The value of TPGs equity stake has fallen considerably since that investment was made.

I think that in the end we are probably looking at no independent broker dealers surviving. There are two left in Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. I think that you will see these two merge with large banking interests.

Brian

Last edited:

/snip from email
/end snip

Well, they got designated junk by S&P. They hold my mortgage, and one of my brother's worked for them for awhile before they started overreaching themselves. I predict my mortgage will belong to someone else before the year is out.

It's no secret that WaMu is going down. I am surprised they have lasted this long. I think they now have precious little time left. US Federal Regulators are desperate to find a bank that will consider buying them. Thus far nobody has signaled interest, even after TPG (yesterday) dropped a provision from the most recent investment in WaMu that provides downside protection to its investment. The value of TPGs equity stake has fallen considerably since that investment was made.

I think that in the end we are probably looking at no independent broker dealers surviving. There are two left in Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. I think that you will see these two merge with large banking interests.

Brian

True. The simple heads up was directed to several banks that are in trouble. I just happened to zero in on WaMu today, because they along with AIG have been in the news the last couple of days.

It's sad to see what is happening. And the real sad part is that whoever gets elected is going to get it dumped right in their lap, and will go down in history being remembered because of it.

Forum List

Back