Banks Are Raping Underwater Americans

I have seen the drop in home sales. I have not seen anyone connect it to the gov'ts incentive program for homebuyers, which ended a month or two ago.
All that did was push demand into those few months, robbing it from later months. The result is as we have seen.
There is no recovery. Neubarth was right. Everything positive we've seen has been either misplaced govt incentives robbing demand (like cash for clunkers) or people acting ahead of the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. Or companies rebuilding minimal inventory.
We will drag on until this administration is through. Sooner rather than later I hope.

And then what asshole? What will the Republicans do (or, likely not do) if they win congress?

I have seen the drop in home sales. I have not seen anyone connect it to the gov'ts incentive program for homebuyers, which ended a month or two ago.
All that did was push demand into those few months, robbing it from later months. The result is as we have seen.
There is no recovery. Neubarth was right. Everything positive we've seen has been either misplaced govt incentives robbing demand (like cash for clunkers) or people acting ahead of the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. Or companies rebuilding minimal inventory.
We will drag on until this administration is through. Sooner rather than later I hope.

And then what asshole? What will the Republicans do (or, likely not do) if they win congress?

They'll stop the agenda of the Democrats cold.
That's really all that needs to happen. The uncertainty knowing which industry Obama is going to regulate or tax or take over next is killing any intitiative.
Jerk off.

You mean all the talk from rightwinger and chrissy boy about the strong real estate market recovery wasn't true? ..... :eek:

If Obama went crazy and ordered a nuclear attack on France Nutwinger would be defending his move and talking about how the right wing never liked the French anyway so what are they complaining about.

That's really all that needs to happen. The uncertainty knowing which industry Obama is going to regulate or tax or take over next is killing any intitiative.
Jerk off.

so the uncertainties of democrat regulation is the only thing wrong with the economy?

Do you ever return to the same universe that most sane people live in?

Jerk off.

You're as dumb as Boehner and McConnell - not an F'n idea in your head.

LMAO, "jerk off"; I always suspected your posts were the product of mental masturbation.

Last edited:

Jerk off.

so the uncertainties of democrat regulation is the only thing wrong with the economy?

Is there some medical condition like hallucinations but instead you read things that aren't there? Did I say that was the only thing wrong with the economy? Please point that out.
In fact, the biggest reason for the lingering recession is lack of business investment. That is so because businesses cannot reasonably gauge their costs with the adminsitration. This has been written about so often it is well known.
Of course if you get all your news out of Nutwinger's asshole then you might have missed it.

Look at GENERAL ECONOMIC indicators. Is unemployment getting worse? YES of course. Will the US all of a sudden become "hyper productive" with green technologies due to all the fantastic spending programs by the Democrats and the Republicans? NO, of course not. Our economy is going under a realignment the likes of which you have never seen before. If you thought the third world worked for slave wages, those wages are coming to our shores under a global "evening out" process instituted by our Government. .

in a word globalization. Iow the full global commodification of labor as well as the complete disempowerment of labor.

But really, if globalization didn't do labor in, automation and overpopulation would have 2-3 years later.

Somewhere in some ivy league locker is a study which optimizes the maximum quality of life for any given population based on the Earth's available resources.

My guess is that the optimum population to exploit the Earth's riches for a maximum quality of life is about 500 million humans.

we are approaching 14 times that optimum balance.

There are so many utterly stupid people posting on poli chat boards that it challenges even the most sane to ignore them as they so richly deserve to be ignored. perhaps even for their own good.

Just for prescriptive. An average lot here is 25x125. For a 2 bedroom 1 bath home that was built in the '20 and without ANY upgrades or remodels they are going for 1.3M. :eek:

And I just looked at a home in the area where I plan to retire. 2000+ sq. ft. home, 32'X32' shop, two well built 12'X12' storage sheds, on a lot 300' X 125'. Asking 122K, 100 would probably get it. And it is not the best bargain in the area. I guess it is just where you can make a living that counts.

You mean all the talk from rightwinger and chrissy boy about the strong real estate market recovery wasn't true? ..... :eek:

If Obama went crazy and ordered a nuclear attack on France Nutwinger would be defending his move and talking about how the right wing never liked the French anyway so what are they complaining about.

Rabid, old boy, Bush was plainly nuts when he ordered an attack on Iraq on the basis of lies he and Cheney helped fabricate. And you defend the dumb bastard. You are what you accuse other people of being.

Rabid, old boy, Bush was plainly nuts when he ordered an attack on Iraq on the basis of lies he and Cheney helped fabricate. And you defend the dumb bastard. You are what you accuse other people of being.

Still clinging to tired worn out cliches, Dumbrocks?
What about the Democrats in Congress who voted for his policy? Were they also nuts?

I'll be damned, if you can't trust Bawney Fwanks, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters, who can you trust ?.....

You left out Phil Gramm, the architect of it all.
You had to. Gramm is a Republican and including him is against your ideology.

We are in a buyer's market. My next door neighbors are real estate agents. About lost their ass the last few years but sold 16 homes in 2010.
I have bought 5 residential lots over the last few years at a good price. A better investment long term than the stock market.
Sit and wait and get rich just like I did when they said the sky was falling after the S&L crisis.
The Long Horn Steak House and Olive Garden is a 45 minute wait on Friday and Saturday night here every weekend.
And they claim no one has any $.

Will somebody tell the asswipe in the video it's not the banks problem if some fool paid 300 grand for a house worth 100 grand.. WTF?

Unfortunately, I have to admit.... I am one of those damn fools that fell for the "Adjusted Mortgage rate" scheme the banks had. At first I was only paying $525 a month for a beautiful house, all of a sudden the bank that held my mortgage fell and sold my property to another which raised my payment to $700 a month. Well that bank fell and sold my mortgage to another bank which raised my mortgage payment to $850 a month. Hit hard times and went through a divorce, needless to say my loan was sold to yet ANOTHER bank and ended up being $950 a month. dealing with child support and other things I couldn't afford the payments and it took the bank no time to forclose on my ass... Times are not only tough but they are also killing me slowly.

Nate, that kind of thing happens all the time. Not good....and what exactly did he do wrong willowtree.

I love that commercial on the radio that starts "Mortgages should be illegal."

It goes on to say that if you buy a 200,000 dollar house over 30 years you will pay 400,000 for it, and sites that as the main reason they should be illegal.

WTF are the talking about. A mortgage is nothing but people investing money from which you get a loan. How do you expect anyone to get a mortage if the people giving them can not make any money on them.

Investing 200,000 dollars to see a 400,000 return over 30 FUCKING years is not a ridicules profit. You could make that much buying US savings bonds.

So what does the commercial want? Banks to loan people money for 30 Years and not double their money?

Please nobody would give loans if you could not at least double your money over 30 fucking years.

It goes on to say that if you buy a 200,000 dollar house over 30 years you will pay 400,000 for it, and sites that as the main reason they should be illegal.

WTF are the talking about. A mortgage is nothing but people investing money from which you get a loan. How do you expect anyone to get a mortage if the people giving them can not make any money on them.

Investing 200,000 dollars to see a 400,000 return over 30 FUCKING years is not a ridicules profit. You could make that much buying US savings bonds.

So what does the commercial want? Banks to loan people money for 30 Years and not double their money?

Please nobody would give loans if you could not at least double your money over 30 fucking years.

Exactly. Investing 200K at 4% return takes 18 years to double.

Exactly. Investing 200K at 4% return takes 18 years to double.

It is like people have heard tax the rich so much. They now expect the Rich to just give them things. Here, here is a loan for 200k you can give me 205k back 30 years from now. Sound good.

WTF people Man the FUCK UP

My husband and I built our house. It was a pay as ya go deal. Get a paycheck buy some bricks. Took us two years to build it but it was paid for when we moved in. It's not elaborate just a standard three bedroom 2 bath brick home.

those people living high on the hog thinking foreclosure is the way to go will get to spend for 18 months or so. Then they are fucked, no house or car loan for about 7 years. There is no bailout for the little schmuck.
Much like Gadawg, I may try and benefit from someones loss. I'm looking at a house in NAPA for $220,000 on a postage stamp. It sold new in 2005 for $500,000.

Forum List

Back