Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tip Incites Class Warfare Between the 1% and the 99%

That looks like a VERY goo photograph of the receipt. Not something the average cell phone would produce.

Are you some kind of technology ignorant moron? Cell Phones can indeed produce that kind of photographic quality. Maybe YOURS can't... but most smart phones can.

God damn man. Whether the picture is photo-shopped or not, the quality is easily reproducible with today's camera technology installed in phones.

Last edited:
That looks like a VERY goo photograph of the receipt. Not something the average cell phone would produce.

Are you some kind of technology ignorant moron? Cell Phones can indeed produce that kind of photographic quality. Maybe YOURS can't... but most smart phones can.

God damn man. Whether the picture is photo-shopped or not, the quality is easily reproducible with today's camera technology installed in phones.

not that good it isn't Sorry to burst your bubble.

not that good it isn't Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yes it fucking is dude. What, you think they photo-shopped the quality of the fucking image? Give me a fucking break.

Also... why don't you search the internet for cell phone quality pictures that are taken with serious photographic intent and you can see the absolute stunning quality of photos that digital camera technology can achieve right now.

Even if that photo is a stock image taken with a non digital camera, digital cameras can easily produce that quality of an image. I have a digital camera, I'm aware of the quality. And my camera is pretty old too, with smart phones of today having better camera capabilities.

Last edited:
People online who had a chance to see the blog post before it went offline and those who have been made aware of it on social media outlets are outraged

Suspicious that it has been "conveniently" removed innit?

I posted a pic of the receipt from the HuffPo piece. It looks TOO perfect to be someones cell phone camera.

You need a phone with a better camera.

If I was the waitress he would have been wearing his leftovers out the door.

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill.
The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."
In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."
Banker

I knew someone would jump on this. Do you feel as stupid as people have been telling you you are?

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill.
The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."
In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."
Banker

Not much of a banker, is he? The bill was $133.54. As anyone should know, the banker should have 'rounded up' to $1.34.

Banker

He tells HER to get a "real" job? I'll would like to see him do her job for 2 weeks and see what he calls a "real" job.

Banker

He tells HER to get a "real" job? I'll would like to see him do her job for 2 weeks and see what he calls a "real" job.

Nevermind....dang it...fooled again.

LOL. Cute.

If this had been real, I would say dude might wake up in the ER one day in the future with waitress standing over him with a needle. Or she may be reading his EKG. Or, being from Nashville, he might be surprised to find her the newest hit in country music and only wish for her money in his bank. God, I loved Nashville! So much upward mobility.

I know a girl whose father died and left her a nice little wad. She was about to go into the bank when the tornado roared through Nashville. She tried to get them to let her in to take shelter, but they had the door locked and wouldn't let her in. She went through the tornado hanging onto the shrubs. The next day, her mother went to the bank and withdrew all the girl's money and moved it to another bank. Yes, some bankers suck. And she let that one know just how badly.

Last edited:

Banker

Not much of a banker, is he? The bill was $133.54. As anyone should know, the banker should have 'rounded up' to $1.34.

Not really up on the news, are you?

Forum List

Back