Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tip Incites Class Warfare Between the 1% and the 99%

If I was the waitress he would have been wearing his leftovers out the door.

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill.

The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."

In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."

Banker

A) if true who gives a fuck.

B) how the fuck do you know the man was a "wealthy banker"

C) this smells of bullshit..

Oh and if it matters a black family left me a $5.00 tip years ago when I was a server on a $290.00 check, then they tried to get their meal for free on top of that because the steak wasn't cooked to their liking (like it was my fucking fault the illegal alien cooks fucked up).

Not to mention the MAJORITY of restaurants (at least around here) automatically charge a 15 (and sometimes) 20% gratuity...

Oh and maybe the waitress in this case was just a bitch. Ever think about that???

Maybe she was just being an asshole because she has a misguided vendetta against she believes is the "enemy?"

What's there not to comprehend about a douchebag insulting a waitress and fucking with her livelyhood?

What's there not to comprehend about expecting people to do their job and not rewarding incompetence or surly behavior? Oh, wait, that's what we do expect from liberals! Viz: The regime.

you know she was incompetent or surly? How?

Because he's a banker and we all know how honest and forthright they are.

As a waiter, working my way through school, I made 2.01 per hour plus tips. However the house required the waitstaff to pay up to 4% of their sales in Tip-pool to pay for the hostesses, bartenders and bus boys. I hear it's even higher now.

Without knowing more of the story it's hard to form an opinion here. Did the customer complain to the management about the level of service?

Okay I finally read it. Still not enough info but it sounds like the banker is just an asshole. Waited on plenty of them......Just take it in stride....no lugies (althought it was tempting).

Last edited:

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.

To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill.

In Washington state, a waitress received a tip of no money and advice scrawled on the receipt that told her she could "stand to lose a few pounds."

Banker

Oh and if it matters a black family left me a $5.00 tip years ago when I was a server on a $290.00 check, then they tried to get their meal for free on top of that because the steak wasn't cooked to their liking (like it was my fucking fault the illegal alien cooks fucked up).

Not to mention the MAJORITY of restaurants (at least around here) automatically charge a 15 (and sometimes) 20% gratuity...

Oh and maybe the waitress in this case was just a bitch. Ever think about that???

Maybe she was just being an asshole because she has a misguided vendetta against she believes is the "enemy?"

Why is the fact they were black important to the topic of improper tipping???

Your hood is showing.

Banker

Your hood is showing.

Why is the fact the bad tipper is allegedly a banker matter???

You see...

If we're going to use labels then I will use labels...

A... they don't know yet if it's real, but certainly could be.
B... Breanna is going to be one popular waitress for a while
C... Mr. 1% got the math wrong! :rofl:

Are you suggesting that Huffingglue would fabricate this kind of story to incite hatred? :eek::eek::eek:

Actually, no...lol.

I am suggesting that the blog the HuffPo story was based on could have faked it. That picture looks too perfect to be a cell phone picture.

We'll see if the restaurant comes up with anything on this I guess, since they appear to be researching the incident.

Your hood is showing.

You see...

It doesn't to me. However, since it was a reported detail of the story, it's relevant to the story. Mentioning a family that tipped you poorly is black, is simply race baiting.

Maybe next time he comes in he'll get a nice big loogie in his salad.

I rather suspect there won't be a next time for that restaurant from a customer who was that disgusted with the service, the food, or both.

But, yes, that would be a typical liberal approach to something they cannot comprehend. And, they won't take the valuable advice either.

What's there not to comprehend about a douchebag insulting a waitress and fucking with her livelyhood?

How do you know she didn't give him shitty service?

The server pays taxes on 8% of the sales receipt regardless of tip received. In this case, there is a reported income of 10 dollars (give or take), plus she'll tip out the staff on the sales. So she is in the hole after providing service.

A... they don't know yet if it's real, but certainly could be.
B... Breanna is going to be one popular waitress for a while
C... Mr. 1% got the math wrong! :rofl:

Are you suggesting that Huffingglue would fabricate this kind of story to incite hatred? :eek::eek::eek:

Fabricate??

I think they would just make the story up to piss their zombiebots off in a dishonest attempt to perpetuate more violence and activism...

From what I gather, the whole story hinges on the word of an anonymous blogger who claims to work for a boss in the financial industry. His blog was an anti-banker website. So for all we know, it was a blog run by a 99-percenter posing as a 1-percenter's underling. For all we know, it was the blogger who wrote all that crap on the receipt and then attributed it to his mythical banker "boss".

It doesn't to me. However, since it was a reported detail of the story, it's relevant to the story. Mentioning a family that tipped you poorly is black, is simply race baiting.

Actually, blacks are notoriously bad tippers. Anyone who has ever waited tables will tell you that.

From what I gather, the whole story hinges on the word of an anonymous blogger who claims to work for a boss in the financial industry. His blog was an anti-banker website. So for all we know, it was a blog run by a 99-percenter posing as a 1-percenter's underling. For all we know, it was the blogger who wrote all that crap on the receipt and then attributed it to his mythical banker "boss".

I was thinking "damn dude, your boss will know who you are." I wouldn't be surprised if this were a stunt. Sure did get people talking though didn't it?

Interesting that this happened in Orange County California. Anyone familiar with California is aware that it's a big Conservative stronghold.

The server pays taxes on 8% of the sales receipt regardless of tip received. In this case, there is a reported income of 10 dollars (give or take), plus she'll tip out the staff on the sales. So she is in the hole after providing service.
This is incorrect.

Tips & Taxes – The misconception about IRS tip reporting. « Tip20! – Waiter, Waitress, Bartender, Kitchen & Consumer
When figuring out taxes, there is a misconception that servers are required to report their tips as at least 8% of their sales revenue. 8% is simply a bottom line that the IRS uses when attempting to determine how much a server earned in tips over the year. The IRS does not expect to be paid 8% of a server’s sales as tax – that would be akin to taxing the customer for their bill.

Your hood is showing.

You see...

I think its relevant to my story considering black folks fucked me over on tips numerous times, while the majority of others tipped rather graciously..

So yeah, it's absolutely relevant and it's the truth and that is all that matters..

Besides how the FUCK is the notion the guy is a banker relevant in the story??? you see - because it's not....

Fact is - some people just don't tip well... Generally blacks don't tip well via my experience as a server...

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with me saying that either...

This is incorrect.

Tips & Taxes – The misconception about IRS tip reporting. « Tip20! – Waiter, Waitress, Bartender, Kitchen & Consumer
When figuring out taxes, there is a misconception that servers are required to report their tips as at least 8% of their sales revenue. 8% is simply a bottom line that the IRS uses when attempting to determine how much a server earned in tips over the year. The IRS does not expect to be paid 8% of a server’s sales as tax – that would be akin to taxing the customer for their bill.

this is what is said. just different wording, better said by the government.

so, yes, it cost her money to wait on them

Forum List

Back