Bank of America freezes account of gun maker!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I trust everyone knows what really happened. Obozo told BOA no more bailouts if you deal with the gun industry.

Bank of America Freezes Gun Manufacturer's Account, Company Owner Claims | CNS News

January 7, 2013

Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’”(emphasis added)

Sirochman also wrote that he told the bank manager that “they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs” and that “[American Spirit is a] firearms manufacturer with all the proper licensing.”

He also noted that he has been doing business with Bank of America for over 10 years, but will now be looking for a new bank.

I agree. This is not stuff to be sold on the internet.
Unless there is something in the TOS saying that BoA reserves this right, they are in the wrong.

I trust everyone knows what really happened. Obozo told BOA no more bailouts if you deal with the gun industry.

Bank of America Freezes Gun Manufacturer's Account, Company Owner Claims | CNS News

January 7, 2013

Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’”(emphasis added)

Sirochman also wrote that he told the bank manager that “they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs” and that “[American Spirit is a] firearms manufacturer with all the proper licensing.”

He also noted that he has been doing business with Bank of America for over 10 years, but will now be looking for a new bank.

We should start outing companies that deal with gun manufacturers that make mass murder specific weapons.

If you make hunting rifles and simple self-defense handguns for law enforcement, then you're fine. But if you make weapons that appeal to preppers and mass murderers, then we need to run you out of business.

*facepalm*

BoA doesn't have a case if they can't prove that the company was selling firearms to people who would fail a background check. Something as simple as a felon stealing a credit card and an ID to purchase a weapon will blow this case out of the water.

I don't see a problem with selling the parts individually - hell, I plan on buying a Nikon rifle scope for my Remington after I get my tax return, just because I didn't even known Nikon sold scopes - but as for complete guns? Eh... maybe? It sure as hell is convenient, to be sure. Maybe if they parted out the gun and sent it to you disassembled.

Call me crazy, but I feel like the first step in responsible gun use is knowing the ins and outs of your gun.

BOA has done this before. Check this out.

This was just last spring.

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”

“That is correct” he says…

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

Bank of America tells gun manufacturer it no longer wants their business? « Hot Air

Bank of America was the recipient of well over 100 billion dollars in federal money. They are also one of just two vendors processing payments for Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign, employing a system that disables safeguards against illegal foreign donations. Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina, is the site of the Democratic Nation Convention in September.

This is at least the third time Bank of America has implemented a discriminatory policy against gun manufacturers. In early 2001, a scandal erupted over the bank’s attempt to discriminate against another Arizona-based company. The resulting public outrage forced a reversal of the policy.

In 2010, Bank of America attempted a similar action, and was again forced to “clarify” their position…

But wait. There's more. Talk about an incestuous relationship.

Bank of America is to sweetheart loans and Democratic Party payoffs as Paula Deen is to sugar and bacon grease:

– The massively troubled bank raked in a middle-of-the-night, taxpayer-funded $45 billion banking bailout in 2008 and an estimated $931 billion in secret federal emergency loans.

– In 2008, BofA’s political action committee gave its biggest contributions to Barack Obama totaling $421,000.

AND

During the 2010 midterm elections, former DNC chairman and ex-Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine secured a $15 million revolving line of credit at BofA and then finagled another $17 million loan from the taxpayer-bailed-out bank.
According to Federal Election Commission records, BofA accepted as collateral the DNC’s donor mailing list. Yep, its donor mailing list for $32 million in loans

Bank of America tells gun manufacturer it no longer wants their business? « Hot Air

Internet sales of firearms have to be shipped to a gun dealer for delivery, as do receivers which are the only part required to be serial numbered. Bank of America should be the one put out of business. I moved all my business to a local credit union, get much better service.

Opening themselves up (BofA) for a multibillion dollar lawsuit.

Hope they go bankrupt. Most corrupt banking institution in existence.

Opening themselves up (BofA) for a multibillion dollar lawsuit.

Hope they go bankrupt. Most corrupt banking institution in existence.

If they do, they should try to hold on until they get a Republican president so they can get another no-strings-attached bailout!

Yeah it happened last year and that guy never showed proof it did either. Not saying the guy isn't an idiot for banking there.

Mebbe the increase in sales triggered the bank's suspicion of illegal activity which the gov't. requires that they temporarily suspend the account?...
:confused:
White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings
January 5,`13 - The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violence than simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions.
A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses. White House aides have also been in regular contact with advisers to New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I), an outspoken gun-control advocate who could emerge as a powerful surrogate for the Obama administration’s agenda.

The Biden group, formed last month after the massacre at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school that killed 20 children and six adults, plans to submit a package of recommendations to President Obama this month. Once Obama’s proposals are set, he plans to lead a public-relations offensive to generate popular support. “They are very clearly committed to looking at this issue comprehensively,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, who has been involved in the discussions. The proposals under consideration, he added, are “a deeper exploration than just the assault-weapons ban.”

The gun-control push is just one part of an ambitious political agenda that Obama has pledged to pursue after his decisive reelection victory in November, including comprehensive immigration reform, climate-change legislation and long-term deficit reduction. Obama also faces a reshuffling of his Cabinet, and a looming debate over the nation’s debt ceiling that will compete for his time and attention in the coming months.

Seeking expansive mandate

I don't see why anyone should invoke Obama in this. Bank of America is without a doubt the absolute lowest of banking institutions in terms of professionalism and customer service. They do all kinds of batshit crazy things to their customers all the time, because for the most part, their client base is composed of idiots who simply continue to take it up the ass each and every time. I advise anyone who banks with them to get out, and do it fast.

Forum List

Back