Bank of america allegedly drops mcmillan gun company for ‘political’ reasons

Chicago politics strikes.

Obama buys bank. Bank bids Obama.

I laugh every time I see this kind of shit.

This is day-to-day here in Illinois. We're numb to it. How this Boy Wonder continues to amaze the masses doesn't surprise me.

Land mass has nothing to do with control. Control rests within voting blocs. Either centralized, or spread around the country in "pods".

Americans have fallen to an age-old scam to which we in Illinois have been savvy to for decades. Chicagonois has become USAnois. You stupid mother scratchers. Welcome to the party. LOL.

Chicago politics strikes.

Obama buys bank. Bank bids Obama.

I laugh every time I see this kind of shit.

This is day-to-day here in Illinois. We're numb to it. How this Boy Wonder continues to amaze the masses doesn't surprise me.

Land mass has nothing to do with control. Control rests within voting blocs. Either centralized, or spread around the country in "pods".

Americans have fallen to an age-old scam to which we in Illinois have been savvy to for decades. Chicagonois has become USAnois. You stupid mother scratchers. Welcome to the party. LOL.

They pretty much admitted to as much :eusa_eh:

This kind of stuff is scary. I hope its not a harbinger of things to come.

When did Obama "buy" Bank of America?

What does this have to do with "Chicago"?

Aren't you guys all about private businesses being able to make decisions like this?

Aren't you guys all about private businesses being able to make decisions like this?

Bank of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bank of America received $20 billion in the federal bailout from the U.S. government through the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) on January 16, 2009, along with a guarantee of $118 billion in potential losses at the company.[54] This was in addition to the $25 billion given to them in the Fall of 2008 through TARP. The additional payment was part of a deal with the U.S. government to preserve Bank of America's merger with the troubled investment firm Merrill Lynch.[55] Since then, members of the U.S. Congress have expressed considerable concern about how this money has been spent, especially since some of the recipients have been accused of misusing the bailout money.[56] Then CEO Ken Lewis was quoted as claiming "We are still lending, and we are lending far more because of the TARP program." Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, however, were skeptical and quoted many anecdotes about loan applicants (particularly small business owners) being denied loans and credit card holders facing stiffer terms on the debt in their card accounts.

Oh well. Private business is as private business does. Need a hanky?

Bank of America received $20 billion in the federal bailout from the U.S. government through the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) on January 16, 2009, along with a guarantee of $118 billion in potential losses at the company.[54] This was in addition to the $25 billion given to them in the Fall of 2008 through TARP. The additional payment was part of a deal with the U.S. government to preserve Bank of America's merger with the troubled investment firm Merrill Lynch.[55] Since then, members of the U.S. Congress have expressed considerable concern about how this money has been spent, especially since some of the recipients have been accused of misusing the bailout money.[56] Then CEO Ken Lewis was quoted as claiming "We are still lending, and we are lending far more because of the TARP program." Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, however, were skeptical and quoted many anecdotes about loan applicants (particularly small business owners) being denied loans and credit card holders facing stiffer terms on the debt in their card accounts.

So, because BofA received bailout money, you should be able to dictate to them who they can do business with? Seriously, do you need a hanky?

So, because BofA received bailout money, they're not allowed to make their own business decisions? I thought you guys were all about private business being able to operate without gov't interference.

Sure they are... and so are BoA customers who choose to take their business elsewhere.

I know I would if I were a customer.

Then again, I saw this crap coming years ago with Banco de Americo :funnyface:

Hanky???

So, because BofA received bailout money, they're not allowed to make their own business decisions? I thought you guys were all about private business being able to operate without gov't interference.

Sure they are... and so are BoA customers who choose to take their business elsewhere.

Hanky???

Word has already gone out to all sorts of gun clubs, of course the NRA and all hunting associations.

I heard a spokesperson for the company in several interviews. Very well spoken and he makes the case quite clear that in no uncertain terms this was a completely political decision by the Bank.

Oh, so you mean Bush bought them...

The bailouts didn't give the government any power over them. They're still a private company.

Hanky???

By all means, encourage all your friends to leave BoA. I'm completely in favor of people taking their money out of the big 4.

But it's pretty ridiculous to try and blame this on Obama.

Forum List

Back