Bank of America: a class act

It all leads back to regulations fella.

Deregulations gives us a mess EVERYTIME its done.

someday you may actually learn it.

nothing you have to say interests me.

feel pretty strongly about that huh ? :lol:

It would be believable if he just ignored all the posts I make.

When the facts get to thick he has to throw invective my way.

Some hate having their eyes open because the light hurts so they swing away at the person who opend the curtains.

nothing you have to say interests me.

feel pretty strongly about that huh ? :lol:

It would be believable if he just ignored all the posts I make.

When the facts get to thick he has to throw invective my way.

Some hate having their eyes open because the light hurts so they swing away at the person who opend the curtains.

Yeah, that's what it is .....:rolleyes:

Well then Drive by why dont you present to us the gains the US has recieved by any bout of deregulation?

Well then Drive by why dont you present to us the gains the US has recieved by any bout of deregulation?

Where did i say that i was all for deregulation ? What deregulation are you talking about anyway? If there was true "deregulation" the banks would not have been forced to give home loans to people who had no business receiving a home loan......:cuckoo:

What actually is the law behind debts and the next of kin? When your mother dies are you legally obligated to pay it? I honestly dont' know. If he must legally, I can understand him getting upset over the rep's approach since he's a dick either way, but otherwise there isn't much the man can do. Otherwise, by all means he should consider a case against BoA.

Last edited:
my bank of america story:

i had my loan on the house with them.....i never missed a payment normally making more than needed....i always checked my housing loan on line...so i make a payment.....i wait two days....look on line...no payment accrued....i report it to the bank....the associate assures me it will be taken care of....still not accrued...another payment rolls around...i make it...i call the bank again...they assure me its correcting and i just need to wait for the computer to update at midnight....that my payments have been put into "suspense"
i ask what the hell that is...no real defination...just told to wait for computers to catch up...at this point...my account is showing me 45 days behind in payments...another 20 days pass...now i am upset...i am calling the bank...always the same story..the money is in suspense and it will be accrued showing up at midnight....so now i go in and make a partial payment....i am beginning to worry about my payments....at this point....i am about 70 days out....of the first payment not accrued....i totally freak and tell a family member who is very well heeled what is going on...the concern being the 90 days late and what it would do to my credit rating etc...family member says...go find out the pay off and pay it...simple interest loan...should be able to get payoff by asking....nope....had to wait till midnight for the 2 and half payments to accrue...now bear in mind i have been told by boa reps that they dont take partical payements...but i have receipts etc....finally 3 days after i ask for the pay off...they are still telling me to wait for the update at midnight...this is when i went total freaking nuts and began calling the corporate headquartes in charlotte..hell i am only 2 hours from there...and this was getting wicked..reps have suggested i just pay the amount without the 2.5 payments being accrued...i told them i didnt have stupid written on my head....i was not waiting for a refund from them...finally i talk to someone in corporate who gets someone else to call me back...who assures me he will take care of this...i am sitting in the car on a hill to get cell phone receiption and tell him..that is what everyone has told me...no one has told me..they are gonna just fuck off on this but everyone has..why should i believe your ass? well apparently high ass bankers dont get told this often...within an hour..i had the payoff....within 3 days i had all the paper work from the bank with a letter stating that i was never behind in my payments and it was all errors made on the part of bank of america. now i had the time and energy to devote to fighting them..plus i had the knowing....i really wonder about the poor person who doesnt have the advantages that i had and how the bank just fucks them over.

Sister got a call from a credit card (citibank) Her interest was at 6 percent, she never missed a payment, and has had this card for over 20 years. She got her statement and it showed her interest rate went up to 19 percent interest! She called them and she got the lady on the phone to admit that the reason why wasn't because of her credit but the banks are trying to recover from bad loans and they know the good customers will pay and can pay. So they are targeting them. My sister pitched a fit with many times getting new numbers to talk to different people blah blah blah. The end of it, she closed the account and got the bank to agree to lower her interest rate 14%. She is trying to pay off the balance as soon as she can. She said at least the one gal admitted to exactly what she thought was going on.

Where did i say that i was all for deregulation ? What deregulation are you talking about anyway? If there was true "deregulation" the banks would not have been forced to give home loans to people who had no business receiving a home loan......:cuckoo:

Now you do realize NO ONE forced them to make any loans right?

They made them because they could sell them and make money.

When the buyers stopped buying them because they caught onto the fact that they loaded up the securities packages with bad loan debt they stopped buying them and poof the game was over.

This was caused by Gramm leach bliely act of 1999 which allowed them to Own sectors or the industry that they had not been able to own since Glass steagal was in place. Glass Steagal was implimented after the 1929 crash which was caused by this type of mingleing of the securities ownership.

Sub prome was not a problem until GLB act 1999. After it passed the stage was set and Bush and team just watched it happen instead of implementing new regulations to protect us all.

What actually is the law behind debts and the next of kin? When your mother dies are you legally obligated to pay it? I honestly dont' know. If he must legally, I can understand him getting upset over the rep's approach since he's a dick either way, but otherwise there isn't much the man can do. Otherwise, by all means he should consider a case against BoA.

No one is responsible for the debts of the dead.

unless your name is on a debt of the deceased you are correct.

Now you do realize NO ONE forced them to make any loans right?

Rrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttttt........:eusa_hand:

Show me the evidence the banks were forced to lend out as many sub prime loans as they did by anyone?

Real Time Economics : Fed's Kroszner: Don't Blame CRA

Federal Reserve governor Randall Kroszner, a conservative economist on leave from a teaching post at the University of Chicago Booth Graduate School of Business, says the Community Reinvestment Act isn’t to blame for the subprime mess, despite some accusations to the contrary.

Kroszner “First, only a small portion of subprime mortgage originations are related to the CRA. Second, CRA- related loans appear to perform comparably to other types of subprime loans. Taken together… we believe that the available evidence runs counter to the contention that the CRA contributed in any substantive way to the current mortgage crisis,” he said in a speech today in Washington.

Last edited:

wrong again. their estate is responsible. if the estate doesn't cover it, then the creditor is outta luck

Of course the estate pays for it , it was the deads money.

Do you really think that is what the guy was asking?

sheesse

I think Whoopi Goldberg put it best on the View last week when she was talking about Madoff.

She said that he should be placed in a pen in the center of Central Park, and every investor that he ripped off, should be allowed in there for 15 minutes to "speak" with him.

Me? I think the same thing should be done to all these CEO's. Just put 'em in a pen, let people in one at a time with a baseball bat. 10 minutes (because, after all, you DO have a baseball bat) at a time.

Oh yeah......they should have to spend 8 hours per day there, just like a job. Heck, there could even be a "beat your kid to work day" (when I'm pissed, I even go after your family).

That is what I think should happen to all those rip off artists and scamming motherfuckers.

Too bad Dragons didn't really exist..........they could have a new game to play......Dragon Ball......take the CEO's of all these banks, cut off and cauterize their arms and legs and let dragons play football with 'em.

Then.......when the 4th quarter of the game started, it would be like playing "smear the queer" when you were younger......you know.......whoever had the ball was the one that got creamed?

Yeah.....I know......I'm disturbed. But.....I wouldn't be that way if it wasn't for the stupidity of the last administration.

the short answer is ..... no you are not responsible ...... however, if you took control of their finances and were running their financial life and took on debts on their behalf ... then the answer is yes you are ..... been through this three times in last couple of years .....

we always tell them the same thing .... sorry i am not legally responsible ....

he truth their are already laws and regulations on the books to prevent this .... but no law against trying to guilt a family into covering a relatives debt ....

can't legislate stupidity ......

wrong again. their estate is responsible. if the estate doesn't cover it, then the creditor is outta luck

Was going to say, if you can inherit someone's estate and their assets I'd assume you'd have to inherit their liabilities as well.

Forum List

Back