Bank of America: a class act

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
"A Brookline man is taking on banking behemoth Bank of America, saying that the bank tried to dupe him into paying his late mother’s credit card bill.

“People are already going through so much when family members die, the last thing they need is to be taken advantage of in this way,” Paul Kelleher said about the Internet offensive he launched last week....

...According to Kelleher’s version, after he told the bank representative that his mother had died, the Bank of America worker said his mother had never missed a payment, and then asked, “How are you planning to take care of her balance?”

Kelleher said he wasn’t going to.

“She has no estate to speak of,” he said, “but you should feel free to just go through the standard probate procedure. I’m certainly not legally obligated to pay for her.”

“You mean you’re not going to help her out?” the representative responded.

Kelleher replied, “I wouldn’t be helping her out - she’s dead. I’d be helping you out.”

“Oh, that’s really not the way to look at it,” the bank representative reportedly told him.

“I know that if it were my mother, I’d pay it. That’s why we’re in the banking crisis we’re in: banks having to write off defaulted loans.”

“That’s when I lost it,” Kelleher told the Herald on Friday.

Man, bank in flap over dead mom’s debt - BostonHerald.com

He should have just responded with.."Hey asswipe, if yer bank took bailout money then I have already helped you out."

These buttwads think they are really above everyone else. You pay us back, we don't have to pay the US back.

Does not suprise me. They give those call people scripts to go by and those scripts are drummed in.

The WF collections people harrassed my parents for three years non stop as their attorneys were wiping us out in court. Heck we live three states away from them.

These are the very people some want to deregulate and allow them to have no laws to contain their behavior.

Thiefs can wear three piece suits and still be thiefs.

When you dont regulate these industries the Corporations who act decently get run out of business because this type of scum can out earn them.

These are the very people some want to deregulate and allow them to have no laws to contain their behavior.

When you dont regulate these industries the Corporations who act decently get run out of business because this type of scum can out earn them.

there's 87 other keys on the piano, delusional one, give 'em a try.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

It all leads back to regulations fella.

Deregulations gives us a mess EVERYTIME its done.

someday you may actually learn it.

I think i would have said " are you going to pay off the pimp that your whore of a mother owes when she passes away ? " That may be a bit over the top, but appropriate considering the circumstances ......

sorry, all i keep hearing when you post is " blah blah blah, it's Bush's fault " :eusa_whistle:

nothing you have to say interests me.

now go hate on some jews or something, mmmkay?

nothing you have to say interests me.

Forum List

Back