Bandwidth anyone ?

E

eric

Need Help !

I'm not a big Telcom guy, but one of my clients here in the US is looking to buy wholesale bandwith over in Pakistan. They bought up a small ISP and have outgrown their current bandwidth and are looking to purchase more ! We manage their Datacenters over here but are not in the telcom biz. If anyone can help let me know.

Thanks

Eric

Boy, I wouldn't know where to start over there... I would probably get ahold of AT&T or Sprint and ask their people if they can help. If they don't have service over in that region, they would know who the big boys over there are. MCI / Worldcom might be an option too.

Hey Jim or Joan, wouldn't Telcordia fit this picture, or no?

Originally posted by janeeng
Hey Jim or Joan, wouldn't Telcordia fit this picture, or no?

Telcordia is a big outfit, but I don't believe they are in the business of supplying bandwidth in 3rd world countries!

Did a little research and didn't find anything that stands out dramatically. Might want to look into this one though:

http://www.flagtelecom.com/

Well they sure as hell are sending a lot of our products over there! Pisses me off - our people are getting laid off in droves and must stay to train the Indians who will be taking the crap back over there! We are constantly sending over servers - but as my dear son would say - I am computer illiterate - and I don't have a clue as to where bandwidth comes from!

Originally posted by Joan
but as my dear son would say - I am computer illiterate

So there you have it, for all those that accuse me of picking on them and ignoring others, Dear 'ol Mom isn't even immune from my insults! LOL :D

Joan I could not agree with you more !

I make every effort to purchase products and services from US companys only and we do not outsource any work outside the USA.

In this case my client is a US based company and if they can make a buck supplying the needs of overseas companies I view this as good thing.

It allows them to hire more people here, bring more foreign money here, and reduce the trade deficit. Someone is going to make the money, why not let it be a US company.

LOL

Eric

haha! not only is Telcordia selling overseas, they are hiring them to take over the jobs of people over here, not to mention, after the workers received their pink slips, they are told, they have to train these indians or no package deal! no you tell me this is right? I am glad I dont work there anymore, I would have gotten fired for sure by now! hehe!!!! should have listened to Kenny and saved the proof of the crap going on there and I might have been into some money! :)

Forum List

Back