Bands from the 70's Still Touring

I paid a hundred bucks last spring to see THe Dead,Allman Brothers, and The Doobie brothers at the Gorge last spring and it was well worth the money. I think I paid 60 or 70 to see Tom Petty the year before.

Was Michael McDonald touring with the Doobie Brothers? Love his voice.

yeah! I guess he did, my friend said he sang with the doobie brothers and The Dead.
I couldn't remember that is how much fun I had. :lol:

Kansas is touring and comes out with a new DVD today with a symphony. "There's no place like home"

This is difficult for me because I cannot stand to see my heros suck. I saw Clapton and he's a shell of his former self. He tried to sing with Robert Cray and for 2 second the sound man forgot to crank up Claptons vocals and it was so obvious how much he had lost. And for all the guitar solos he had maybe 4 bars the whole night that were worth the ticket price.

I don't think Robert Plant will tour with Zep again; he set too high a standard and is haunted by his magically sexy old stage presence. I'd see Zep if they got Adam Lampert from American Idol to sing with them.

Deep Purple without Ritchie Blackmore is like tobacco-less cigarettes, there's just no point

Now, I saw Paul McCartney and they guy can still SING and play! He's worth every cent!

Oh, I'll pass on the Annual Kiss Farewell Tour also, they never got me. I saw Ted Nugent and Kiss but walked out after Ted's set.

Indianapolis always has a Rib Fest Labor Day Weekend, there are always a TON of the has-beens playing there for a $5 cover charge, not bad if you can stand the smell of B.O. and pulled pork in the hot sun.

I think the last retro band I saw was the Smithereens.

The Stones are still the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the world.

See them before it's too late.

Forum List

Back