Band of brothers or band of bastards?

I

Indofred

The secret war

Indeed, secret wartime files that were made public in this country only in April 2006 disclosed that GIs committed 26 murders, 31 manslaughters, 22 attempted murders and more than 400 sexual offences, including 126 rapes in England, during 1942-45.

All covered up at the time for the sake of propaganda, but remaining hidden when the propaganda was no longer needed.
One wonders how many rapes and murders US forces in more modern wars are hidden from the public

They were the greatest generation, I'm sure there were some bad seeds but that doesn't take away from what they accomplished.

"For the simple reality of both Marchant's film and Lilly's book is this: that young men - soldiers - who are given power over others, and have a structure surrounding them that closes ranks at the first sign of criticism, a structure which is, in turn, enclosed within a popular and political culture where members of the public want to invest in their father's or their brother's or their husband's decision to become a soldier and go to war with nobility and sacrifice are, in fact, the preconditions for abuse, torture and totalitarianism. As such, it is the duty of film-makers and historians and sociologists to expose that abuse - no matter how "noble" the individual soldier's sacrifice might seem."

The premise is utter bullshit. A teacher has power over their students does that make them commit rape murder? newp bullshit bullshit bullshit I tell you. In all walks of life men and women have power over others that does not predispose the act of rape and murder.

The secret war

Indeed, secret wartime files that were made public in this country only in April 2006 disclosed that GIs committed 26 murders, 31 manslaughters, 22 attempted murders and more than 400 sexual offences, including 126 rapes in England, during 1942-45.

All covered up at the time for the sake of propaganda, but remaining hidden when the propaganda was no longer needed.
One wonders how many rapes and murders US forces in more modern wars are hidden from the public
Mighty broad brush you are using there. The only true depiction that comes out when you are done is your abject hate for the US.

The secret war

how many rapes and murders fred from any forces from any country in foreign lands that are covered up?......

how many rapes and murders fred from any forces from any country in foreign lands that are covered up?......

Yes, that excuses American rapists and their American commanders who deliberately covered them up.

Yes, that excuses American rapists and their American commanders who deliberately covered them up.
Slow news night................to American GI's are dogs BS..............

Going all the way back to wwii in his boredom.......................

Why are the Muslims raping women and children in the ME right now??????????

You are talking to an extremist Muslim

his avatar says so

what do you expect?

turd and scum

that's what

Scum they are

You are talking to an extremist Muslim

his avatar says so

what do you expect?

turd and scum

that's what

Scum they are
I reckon the goats are nervous around the Op.

:eusa_whistle:

How young, naïve or childlike must one be to believe that American GI's didn't commit crimes, desert, go awol, fake illness and so on? Why did they have military police, military courts and all the rest, but how many didn't commit crimes, how many died or had legs amputated or faced death and hardships day after day?

The secret war

Yeah them dirty bastards helped liberate Europe and Asia how dare they stop Countries like Japan from murdering and raping millions of people.

fred you are a well known american hater on this site,so it sounds like you can excuse other armies except that mean old american one.....

The judicial corps in the greatest Country in the world prosecuted American G.I's for crimes in every war from Woodie Wilson's to FDR's to Harry Truman's and LBJ's conflict and they did a pretty good job of it. You almost gotta laugh that the brutal Nazis were desperate to surrender to Americans because they were so afraid of the even more brutal Russians and there isn't much evidence that the drunken Russians ever prosecuted their own for rape or murder. It seems that rape, incest and murder were (and are) a way of life to the poor people who still adhere to 6th century Islamic Sharia radicalism.

The secret war

I'm curious when did you serve? I served from 1996-2003 and I can tell you during my time they didn't cover up shit if accused and convicted under UCMJ that soldier spent a lot of time busting big rocks into little rocks. Ft Leavenworth is no joke.

Why did they have military police, military courts and all the rest,

No clue, but it wasn't to try American rapists because their crimes were covered up.
Again more bullshit, soldiers were tried and executed for rape.

Examples of such in the UK 1939 (Sorry, you were late for the start) 1942 - 1945.
You are missing the point altogether, soldiers were prosecuted fro the very crimes you claim they were not.

The secret war

Leadership works together with warriordom.

They both go hand in hand.

Gain Intel - watch and observe.

Then decimate the enemy.

Enemy = size of force, their activity and associates, locations and paths the enemy force takes , type of enemy , and equipment the enemy uses.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back