Band Aids, Borders, Burritos & Bejing

Why would people rather live in a shit hole than America?

That's why we need the border. And the military. The people want America, but don't want the values that produce the said America. Bunch of opportunists that shouldn't be given a second thought.
Why? The best answer would be as they don't like Republicans. Nobody is for open borders. And only Democrats are for real solutions, not stupid useless un American walls or harassment laws. Pass the 2010 democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card that would end this GOP scam. Like other countries with this problem. Poor America.

That's why we need the border. And the military. The people want America, but don't want the values that produce the said America. Bunch of opportunists that shouldn't be given a second thought.
Why? The best answer would be as they don't like Republicans. Nobody is for open borders. And only Democrats are for real solutions, not stupid useless un American walls or harassment laws. Pass the 2010 democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card that would end this GOP scam. Like other countries with this problem. Poor America.

People live in shitholes because they don't like Republicans? Yep, that makes sense, enjoy your shithole. Meanwhile the Democrat "real" solution is open borders...dumbass.

People live in shitholes because they don't like Republicans? Yep, that makes sense, enjoy your shithole. Meanwhile the Democrat "real" solution is open borders...dumbass.
yes it's a conspiracy nobody has ever heard of, brainwashed functional moron. An ID card and enforcement is the only way to end this. Other countries have ID cards that cannot be faked. Let's make it a voter ID card to oh, but they should be no problem for poor and elderly people to get, like your vote suppression scam.

Almost all the illegals are not illegals under the Trump Administration. They are refugees from real s******* countries that are the result of the GOP War on Drugs. They're coming here to seek asylum which America has always provided to the Worthy. Until now. you cause the problems your scumbag GOP like Iraq and all the countries around it and a world depression for crying out loud. And then take absolutely no responsibility. You are a disgrace and now you disrespect our institutions because emails spun out of all fairness and balance, brain-washed functional moron.

Yeah let's nation build all over the whole planet ....sounds like a plan
Who are you talking to? Of course with modern transportation and communication and information, manual labor is going to the cheapest place. Smart countries invest in training and education for the workforce. Dumb GOP ones don't and we have a million $7 an hour jobs. Great job greedy idiot GOP and dupes like you..

Well, if you're enjoying sending hundreds of billions of dollars to China every year, congrats.

Or we could leave the money on this continent.

I know. Getting that done would be too hard. Let's just give up.
Do lay out your "policies" that innovate enough to measureably lift people out of poverty in third world countries. Most of their problems are of a law and order, lack of which impedes creating wealth except for the alrdy wealthy, see Mexico.

Well, if you're enjoying sending hundreds of billions of dollars to China every year, congrats.

Or we could leave the money on this continent.

I know. Getting that done would be too hard. Let's just give up.
Do lay out your "policies" that innovate enough to measureably lift people out of poverty in third world countries. Most of their problems are of a law and order, lack of which impedes creating wealth except for the alrdy wealthy, see Mexico.
Yes, it's time to declare real war on the cartels.

Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels.
It would be pretty hypocritical of the number one consumer of drugs (i.e. Us) to lecture the producers of those drugs.

Last edited:
Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels.
It would be pretty hypocritical of the number one consumer of drugs to lecture about the producers of those drugs.
Agreed. We're buying the drugs. We're creating the problem. It's time to end that.

We Americans do love our band aids. If we don't what someone says, we shut 'em down. We don't like abortions, so we try to make 'em illegal. If we want to deal with illegal immigration, we build a wall. If we're afraid of a ragtag group of South Americans headed our way, we send the freakin' military.

Seems to me we've become pretty lazy. Instead of dealing with the underlying issues of major problems, we just slap a band aid on them and walk away, feeling all good about ourselves. Bing! Instant gratification! Yay!

So, as your new King, here is the Five Year Plan: We're going to calm down this immigration shit, we're going to reduce the reasons people are so fucking desperate to escape their shit hole countries in the FIRST fucking place (what an amazing idea!), and we're going to massively reduce our dependence on, and trade deficit with, China, all in the same plan. Here we go!
  1. Legalize everyone who is here today and put them at the end of the line for regular citizenship, with a sinister hidden agenda of making the countries they use to want to escape a much more attractive place to live, see below
  2. Deport those who break the law.
  3. Strictly enforce all hiring laws with American employers, with heavy fines
  4. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  5. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  6. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
  7. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.
  8. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.
Create a new, Americas-based manufacturing, distribution and consumption behemoth that would re-direct our dollars from China to the Americas.

There. That's a start. If you see something wrong, instead of tossing the whole thing out, let's tweak and improve it. The biggest problem is pretty obviously #7. Let's talk about that.

We used to do that here in America. Collaborate. Innovate.

I’m gonna really try hard to keep my cool in this discussion.
Mac, before moving forward please help me understand how you logically rationalize the reward for criminality thing.
I could almost see where you’re coming from if we had been exhausting all effort in preventing illegal immigration but we both know we have done absolutely nothing for decades. Why would you jump straight from taking no action at all to “reward the criminals” to solve the problem? Why wouldn’t you suggest getting aggressive with modifying laws to allow for identifying illegals and streamlining the legal / deportation process? Why not try that first?

Consider this parallel; you show up to your vacation home to find squatters have broke in and have been living in your house, you call the authorities only to find the squatters have rights and you have to follow a lengthy process to evict them from your own home. Is your first thought “let them stay I’ll just forfeit my home to them”? OR, are you gonna fight it out and take a stand against lawmakers for such a bullshit law which allows good people to get fucked over by trespassers?
The people fleeing oppression are not the criminals. The people running the places they are leaving are the real criminals.

It would be pretty hypocritical of the number one consumer of drugs to lecture about the producers of those drugs.
Agreed. We're buying the drugs. We're creating the problem. It's time to end that.
How?

Trying to cut off the supply has never worked. It's far too profitable a venture to ever snuff out.

How?

Trying to cut off the supply has never worked. It's far too profitable a venture to ever snuff out.
We don't have a choice. We have to go to REAL war with the cartels. The carrot for the countries is that we'll bring jobs, security, commerce, opportunity and safety for their families.

It would be tough as hell. It would take huge effort from everyone. It might not work.

I don't care about that. We used to be able to do that.

How?

We don't have a choice. We have to go to REAL war with the cartels. The carrot for the countries is that we'll bring jobs, security, commerce, opportunity and safety for their families.

It would be tough as hell. It would take huge effort from everyone. It might not work.

I think the only solution is to address the illegal consumption problem. Producers are only fulfilling a demand. We have never in history succeeded in stopping the producers of illegal substances. Not even alcohol, and we did have a REAL war against bootleggers. It failed catastrophically.

How?

I think the only solution is to address the consumption problem. Producers are only fulfilling a demand. We have never in history succeeded in stopping the producers of illegal substances. Not even alcohol, and we did have a REAL war against bootleggers. It failed catastrophically.
Well, I'd be open to doing both.

There ya go.

How?

I think the only solution is to address the consumption problem. Producers are only fulfilling a demand. We have never in history succeeded in stopping the producers of illegal substances. Not even alcohol, and we did have a REAL war against bootleggers. It failed catastrophically.
Well, I'd be open to doing both.

There ya go.
We should probably give serious consideration to how we solved the bootlegger problem.

We legalized alcohol.

Forum List

Back