Band Aids, Borders, Burritos & Bejing

Donā€™t let me send your super brilliant thread up in flames with too much logic...get in there and convince us to see it like a half American would Mac1958
You're still going. I told you, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

You have responded just as I anticipated, like a standard-issue myopic hardcore partisan ideologue, and I appreciate that.

If you think you're dealing in logic, great.

Iā€™m trying to stay open minded....I just canā€™t for the life of me understand how you arrive at ā€œmake tens of millions legalā€ before ā€œmodify our laws and deport tens of millionsā€. How does one wrap their head around that? Break the logic down for us...youā€™re a smart dude, that shouldnā€™t be too difficult.
Not my job to hold your hand through this. You appear to be the only person who is this confused.

Sorry.

No need for a handholding; Iā€™m asking you to sell me on your ideas. Letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s exactly why you started the thread, you were hoping to sell people on your brilliance. Donā€™t get frustrated now, put a little more effort in.
Itā€™s odd that you often beg to have these genuine, ā€˜lay it all out thereā€™, candid type of discussions which you yourself somehow seem to always turn totally useless and disingenuous. Are you always the type to become defensive and bitter when others donā€™t share you opinions?
Wrong again. As I've pointed out numerous times here, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

As I've also pointed out numerous times here, my primary reasons for being here are to (a) observe the tactics and behaviors of political fundamentalists, and (b) occasionally belch out my opinion here and there. So, this place is like a nice one-stop shop for my little amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological studies, a mental Petri dish in which I can poke, observe, poke, observe, poke, observe.

Every once in a while I'll stumble into an interesting conversation, but I've long since given up trying to communicate online with political fundamentalists. It's much, much easier and significantly more interesting in real life.

There. I appreciate your interest, and I hope I've clarified things for you.

Well shit, why didnā€™t you just say that up front? You didnā€™t tell us you were orchestrating some super smart guy studies shit.
Now it all makes sense...the thread started out disingenuous as you were just throwing some crazy shit out there to collect some data for your smart guy studies and analytics. Cool, I know lots of Bean Counters who think their self proclaimed high iQ qualifies them to win the Nobel Piece Prize.

Are you saying you donā€™t know how to address the scenario or that you know that if you do your bullshit goes up in flames? Sack up.

ā€œConsider this parallel; you show up to your vacation home to find squatters have broke in and have been living in your house, you call the authorities only to find the squatters have rights and you have to follow a lengthy process to evict them from your own home. Is your first thought ā€œlet them stay Iā€™ll just forfeit my home to themā€? OR, are you gonna fight it out and take a stand against lawmakers for such a bullshit law which allows good people to get fucked over by trespassers?ā€
I don't know why this scenario is so important to you.

In that situation, I would do everything I could within the law to get rid of them.

I assume you're making a point here of some kind.

If you canā€™t connect the dots I can assure you you are not qualified to have this conversation at all and we are both wasting our time.
Excellent, thanks.

Hereā€™s the truth....you, like many in this nation have ties to illegal aliens, therefore you are extremely considerate of their ā€˜feelingsā€™...you essentially are them and you will remain bias because of this. You refuse to put America and Americans ahead of their feelings...for this, your opinion canā€™t be considered by good, real Americans...sorry bud.

Every. Single. One of your posts is emotional, snowflake. Do you not understand irony?

As an American, I can honestly say I give no shits about the feelings of a good portion of citizens in this country. I know that might hurt your delicate fee fees, but it is what it is.

Are you drunk bud...WTF does that even mean? Whatā€™s your point?
Iā€™m an emotional poster and youā€™re a complete badass because you donā€™t care about fellow Americans.
Cool, so now what?

I don't know why this scenario is so important to you.

In that situation, I would do everything I could within the law to get rid of them.

I assume you're making a point here of some kind.

If you canā€™t connect the dots I can assure you you are not qualified to have this conversation at all and we are both wasting our time.
Excellent, thanks.

Hereā€™s the truth....you, like many in this nation have ties to illegal aliens, therefore you are extremely considerate of their ā€˜feelingsā€™...you essentially are them and you will remain bias because of this. You refuse to put America and Americans ahead of their feelings...for this, your opinion canā€™t be considered by good, real Americans...sorry bud.

Every. Single. One of your posts is emotional, snowflake. Do you not understand irony?

As an American, I can honestly say I give no shits about the feelings of a good portion of citizens in this country. I know that might hurt your delicate fee fees, but it is what it is.

Iā€™m an emotional poster and youā€™re a complete badass because you donā€™t care about fellow Americans.
Cool, so now what?

You are bitching at Mac about being emotional when you have no cause to do so because you are one of the most emotional snowflakes on this board. It's not hard to understand.

Here we go!

1. Legalize everyone who is here today and put them at the end of the line for regular citizenship, with a sinister hidden agenda of making the countries they use to want to escape a much more attractive place to live, see below
  2. Deport those who break the law.
  3. Strictly enforce all hiring laws with American employers, with heavy fines
  4. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  5. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  6. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
  7. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.
  8. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.

Net migration to the U.S. is negative, and has been for a while. That's all there is to say about the immigration hysteria, as fueled by the Trumpy.

As to your plan, the path toward something even somewhat humane is to naturalize those already here.

Other than that:

1. Stop dumping cheap, subsidized food stuff in Central and South America, messing up people's livelihoods.

2. Stop the war on drugs, driving drug manufacturing and trade into illegality, for the billions of U.S. drug users' money is what fuels the cartels and most of the violence in Central America.

3. Stop propping up right-wing mass-murderous autocrats, support military coups (like the one in Honduras), and stop funding, training, arming death squads and otherwise undermining Central and South American countries that would dare to adopt even slightly leftist-tinged policies.

4. Adopt policies that prioritize people living down there over the interests of U.S. "investors", usually predatory crime syndicates allied with the mass-murderous right-wing U.S.-sponsored autocrats.

How's that for a start? That all could be done by the U.S., with no cooperation by other governments. Oh, and, please, please, just take off and burn, finally, that international do-gooder hat. It's looking ridiculous.

Excellent, thanks.

Cool, so now what?

You are bitching at Mac about being emotional when you have no cause to do so because you are one of the most emotional snowflakes on this board. It's not hard to understand.

Haha...I made a pact with myself, Iā€™m the fuck wetbacks guy.
Every single one of my posts includes a heavy ā€œfuck wetbacks, respect law and sovereigntyā€ tone to it. Not sure how anyone sane could consider that ā€œemotionalā€....Good, REAL Americans call it patriotic.
Mac supports the thief I support the cops....simple shit for third graders.

Why would people rather live in a shit hole than America?
Perhaps you missed the point.

The whole point is to bring the jobs, economies and infrastructure that would make staying there with their families a much more attractive idea.
Thatā€™s a task their public leaders need to perform. It is not to be done at the cost of the American taxpayer unless they wish to deed their property to us! Next item?

The whole point is to bring the jobs, economies and infrastructure that would make staying there with their families a much more attractive idea.
Thatā€™s a task their public leaders need to perform. It is not to be done at the cost of the American taxpayer unless they wish to deed their property to us! Next item?
Wow, you give up easily.

This may sound crazy, but there was a time in this nation's history when we didn't run from difficult tasks.

Wow, you give up easily.

This may sound crazy, but there was a time in this nation's history when we didn't run from difficult tasks.

There was a time when American taxpayers took pride in being kind and gracious with Mexico...That ship sailed long ago bud. Trump never could have been elected if that werenā€™t the case.
Good people can only be taken advantage of for so long; good Americans have finally realized that we have been paying Mexico to fuck us over....being gracious with Mexico hasnā€™t helped Americans in any way.
Real Americans are fed up with Mexico bud, they wonā€™t support / embrace your ā€œwe owe Mexicoā€ sentiment. Sorry.

Last edited:
Only 50% of Americans pay income tax and the left wants us to support Latin America? Fucking jokers!

No simple solutions, like keep them all out, or let them all in. wont work.
talking about other possible solutions seems reasonable ?

Wow, you give up easily.

There was a time when American taxpayers took pride in being kind and gracious with Mexico...That ship sailed long ago bud. Trump never could have been elected if that werenā€™t the case.
Good people can only be taken advantage of for so long; good Americans have finally realized that we have been paying Mexico to fuck us over....being gracious with Mexico hasnā€™t helped Americans in any way.
Real Americans are fed up with Mexico bud, they wonā€™t support / embrace your ā€œwe owe Mexicoā€ sentiment. Sorry.
We'd being this for us more than them.

You don't have to understand.

1. Legalize everyone who is here today and put them at the end of the line for regular citizenship, with a sinister hidden agenda of making the countries they use to want to escape a much more attractive place to live, see below
Why would you want to do that? If Maria Reyes has been living in Phoenix as an illegal for 11 years working in a nail salon, never bothered anyone, raised a family, has kids going to school and has never broken the law other wiseā€¦isnā€™t that the type of person we would want to have here if youā€™re going to allow immigration at all? Why put her ā€œbehindā€ someone who has applied legally who may not be so benign or productive?

1. Deport those who break the law.
Obviously.

1. Strictly enforce all hiring laws with American employers, with heavy fines
Not sure about this. I think it will just lead to more discrimination. As we always hear from the right, every document can be faked (birth certificates, DL,s SSN cardsā€¦.) if youā€™re an employer, why would you hire someone who is brown skinned and risk heavy fines because their papers may be faked?

1. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  2. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  3. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
No opinion.
  1. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.
Or what? What if they donā€™t take the chance?

1. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.
Create a new, Americas-based manufacturing, distribution and consumption behemoth that would re-direct our dollars from China to the Americas.

There. That's a start. If you see something wrong, instead of tossing the whole thing out, let's tweak and improve it. The biggest problem is pretty obviously #7. Let's talk about that.

We used to do that here in America. Collaborate. Innovate.

Good luck with that.

I traveled to Vicksburg NMP a while back. When you go onto the hallowed ground, you notice several things; the graves for sureā€¦.the Cairo that was sunk by the rebsā€¦.and the monuments everywhere. Nowā€¦Ohio has multiple monuments for every unit they had there so there were dozens of monuments commemorating Ohioā€™s service there. Illinois had a huge walk-in structure. Pennsylvania had a wonderful monument as did Iowa. Kentuckyā€™s was magnificent. New Hampshire? It was sitting on the side of the road. The tour guide we had said that NH did fund a monument but didnā€™t have a dedication ceremony. I envisioned a couple of guys pushing it off the back of a truck and taking off. Do you think there would be any chance of getting the states to build these monuments today? I doubt you could even get a hearing much less a bill passed to authorize the funding. Convincing Americans to build roads and factories in other states is hard enough; trying to get them to build them in other hemispheres is likely not going to work.

Why would you want to do that? If Maria Reyes has been living in Phoenix as an illegal for 11 years working in a nail salon, never bothered anyone, raised a family, has kids going to school and has never broken the law other wiseā€¦isnā€™t that the type of person we would want to have here if youā€™re going to allow immigration at all? Why put her ā€œbehindā€ someone who has applied legally who may not be so benign or productive?

Obviously.

Not sure about this. I think it will just lead to more discrimination. As we always hear from the right, every document can be faked (birth certificates, DL,s SSN cardsā€¦.) if youā€™re an employer, why would you hire someone who is brown skinned and risk heavy fines because their papers may be faked?

1. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  2. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  3. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
No opinion.
  1. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.

1. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.
Create a new, Americas-based manufacturing, distribution and consumption behemoth that would re-direct our dollars from China to the Americas.

There. That's a start. If you see something wrong, instead of tossing the whole thing out, let's tweak and improve it. The biggest problem is pretty obviously #7. Let's talk about that.

Good luck with that.

I traveled to Vicksburg NMP a while back. When you go onto the hallowed ground, you notice several things; the graves for sureā€¦.the Cairo that was sunk by the rebsā€¦.and the monuments everywhere. Nowā€¦Ohio has multiple monuments for every unit they had there so there were dozens of monuments commemorating Ohioā€™s service there. Illinois had a huge walk-in structure. Pennsylvania had a wonderful monument as did Iowa. Kentuckyā€™s was magnificent. New Hampshire? It was sitting on the side of the road. The tour guide we had said that NH did fund a monument but didnā€™t have a dedication ceremony. I envisioned a couple of guys pushing it off the back of a truck and taking off. Do you think there would be any chance of getting the states to build these monuments today? I doubt you could even get a hearing much less a bill passed to authorize the funding. Convincing Americans to build roads and factories in other states is hard enough; trying to get them to build them in other hemispheres is likely not going to work.
Illegal is illegal... They need to go to the back of the line and start over

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

So if youā€™re going to fill a job, the first application you come across is the person you hire?

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

So if youā€™re going to fill a job, the first application you come across is the person you hire?
Illegal aliens need to go to the back of the line and wait at least 12/15 years to gain citizenshipā€¦

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

Illegal aliens need to go to the back of the line and wait at least 12/15 years to gain citizenshipā€¦

Sounds like a ā€œrealā€ incentive for them to come out of the shadowsā€¦first you get deported then you wait a generation to be able to come back. Not smart.

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

Sounds like a ā€œrealā€ incentive for them to come out of the shadowsā€¦first you get deported then you wait a generation to be able to come back. Not smart.
They broke the law, there has to be consequences and examples made.

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

ok.

Obviously.

No opinion.

Good luck with that.

candycorn and Mac1958 believe that if one can elude authorities long enough they should be rewarded.
They believe that bank robbers should be entitled to the loot they steal so long as they arenā€™t caught by law enforcement within 5 years of the robbery.

You canā€™t try to wrap your normal mind around this crazy shit. These wackos live in that strange backward thinking world of LibTardia.

Forum List

Back