Banana pancakes

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I made some gourmet banana pancakes for the boy this am...

1 extremely overripe banana
1 egg probably overripe as well
pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour
Grated chocolate/powdered sugar

Mix up the first 5 ingredients. Add grated choc to mix if you want, or chocolate chips.

Cook in buttered skilled, low medium because the sugar in the banana means it wants to burn.

Serve with regular sugar and grated chocolate between the layers, powdered sugar and grated choc on the top.

That recipe makes two good sized pancakes. If you want more, it's one banana to one egg. I wouldn't put in much more soda.

pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour

Mix up the first 5 ingredients. Add grated choc to mix if you want, or chocolate chips.

Cook in buttered skilled, low medium because the sugar in the banana means it wants to burn.

Serve with regular sugar and grated chocolate between the layers, powdered sugar and grated choc on the top.

That recipe makes two good sized pancakes. If you want more, it's one banana to one egg. I wouldn't put in much more soda.
Sounds good, except I'd rather have my banana sliced onto the batter. And hold the chocolate.

pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour

Sounds good, except I'd rather have my banana sliced onto the batter. And hold the chocolate.

And hold the chocolate.

Melt in your hands, not in your mouth?

pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour

And hold the chocolate.

If I want chocolate, give it to me straight. I don't like chocolate added to stuff that is perfectly lovely without it. It has a strong flavor that overwhelms what it is added to.

What makes them gourmet the hat?
No, just the fact that I'm a gourmet makes them gourmet.
Plus they're delicious.

The regular sugar between the layers was kind of an accident. There was very fine regular sugar in the bottom of the powdered sugar bag..I think maybe it settled from the rest of the bag..anyway I had sprinkled it on before I realized but just went with it, grated some chocolate over it, slapped on the second one, and sprinkled that one with POWDERED sugar and chocolate.

Yeah it was perfect.

pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour

And hold the chocolate.

If I want chocolate, give it to me straight. I don't like chocolate added to stuff that is perfectly lovely without it. It has a strong flavor that overwhelms what it is added to.

It doesn't overwhelm fermented banana. It's a beautiful mix and kids faint over it.
And the chocolate I used was completely unsweetened, Lilly's or whatever it's called, the high cocao stuff. It's beautiful for this sort of thing.

There's something special about fermented, rotted banana. You don't slice it onto anything, it's slimy and gray. But when you make a batter with it, you don't need leavening or flavoring (though the vanilla adds something nice). The soda is to offset the acidity, I think. I have made these pancakes without any flour at all and they are really good, but the flour stabilizes them a little.

It's layers of flavor...banana, chocolate, vanilla, butter, sugar. It's not supposed to taste simple. It's very complex in flavor, but simple to construct.

pinch of soda
vanilla
1-1/2 tsp flour

Well that would be something totally different..not banana pancakes, but pancakes with banana sliced into them.

Forum List

Back