Ban the Hoodie

You'd be the only white corpse.

Probably.
Remind me why I want to move to Detroit again?

To put your theory to practice.

What theory is that? That being aware of your surroundings will contribute greatly to your safety? That killing an attacker who has put you in reasonable fear of death will likely save your life?
I wouldn't think these were controversial.

Probably.
Remind me why I want to move to Detroit again?

What theory is that? That being aware of your surroundings will contribute greatly to your safety? That killing an attacker who has put you in reasonable fear of death will likely save your life?

assuming someone wearing a hoodie is dangerous? then assuming you can take him down.

Step One is situation awareness. Some guy in a hood coming towards you ought to make you sit up and take notice real fast.

Only if you are facing your attacker. He came up from behind her, and sacked her before she could get in my car. But absolutely, know your surroundings before you ever approach your car, and stay aware until you are safely behind the closed door.

Step Two is shooting the muthafucka.

Yes, we got lax, and that was the mistake. It won't happen again.

Step One is situation awareness. Some guy in a hood coming towards you ought to make you sit up and take notice real fast.

You should move to Detroit. You'd end up either dead or in Jackson State Pen. so... dead either way.

I used to live northwest of Jackson. Prison city. Used to drive by the prison every day on my way to my last job.

rockon.gif

Last edited:

assuming someone wearing a hoodie is dangerous? then assuming you can take him down.

Someone wearing a hoodie may or may not be.
Someone approaching you may or may not be dangerous.
Someone wearing a hoodie and approaching you in a parking lot is very very likely to be dangerous. Being aware would mean noticing he is coming towards you and taking evasive action. That can mean facing the person with the universal STOP palm held out. If he continues then it is time to bring out your friends.

Of course you could just sit there oblivious until some asshole sticks a knife in you.

You should move to Detroit. You'd end up either dead or in Jackson State Pen. so... dead either way.

I used to live in Jackson. Prison city. Used to drive by it every day on my way to my last job.

rockon.gif

actually, it's not a bad town, is it? other than the prison of course.

Shit economy, which it's been like that a long time. It's why I left.

All my immediate family and most of my cousins still live there. It's a good place generally, and I'll be back up there at Christmas...

It sometimes has a bad reputation for crime, but I never thought it was worse than most cities of the same size.

Someone wearing a hoodie and approaching you in a parking lot is very very likely to be dangerous. Being aware would mean noticing he is coming towards you and taking evasive action. That can mean facing the person with the universal STOP palm held out.

What happens if the "universal STOP" palm is mistakenly interpreted as a "yo bruva gimme some skin" palm?

Someone wearing a hoodie and approaching you in a parking lot is very very likely to be dangerous. Being aware would mean noticing he is coming towards you and taking evasive action. That can mean facing the person with the universal STOP palm held out.

What happens if the "universal STOP" palm is mistakenly interpreted as a "yo bruva gimme some skin" palm?

Is that a serious question? Are you serious?

Is that a serious question? Are you serious?

I'm as serious as you are taken.

It's clear you're upset from this incident, and rightly so, but the problem here is crime, not clothing. Hoodies are not really crime-helping technology, and outlawing them would not prevent the exact same actions to occur with some other formed piece of fabric.

Again, you have every right to be upset here, but I urge you to place your blame more on the person and the situation.

Forum List

Back